Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ice88
Newcomer

July 2005
7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Mon, 11 July 2005 09:16 Go to next message
G'day
ok, don't everyone laugh at once. i own a '93 corolla seca RV with the 7AFE engine. I'm in yr 11 and i'm planning a yr12 automotive project.
I would like to know if it is possible to replace it with another 6 cylinder toyota engine, or is this just crazy.This is also going to be(hopefully) mostly done by myself.
Or if you have any suggestions of other possible engines or good project ideas it's very welcome.
Thanks James.
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Mon, 11 July 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7a-fe is a 4 banger, putting an inline 6 is not going to happen, however a v6 would be possible... but I can see it taking quite a bit of work.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Mon, 11 July 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I presume you intend to keep it front drive Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Mon, 11 July 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
camry V6 and big stick should do it Wink
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Mon, 11 July 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put in a 3s or something... those lil AE92's dont come with a very heavy engine stock.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Mon, 11 July 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you propose is quite possible but it will be a major engineering exercise - might I suggest it's a little ambitious for a high school project? You might be better off setting a more modest goal - something like a 4A-GZE (supercharged) conversion.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Tue, 12 July 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

something like a 4A-GZE (supercharged) conversion.

Too true Norbie, to do a V6 is going to take a lot longer than your studies would allow ie find parts, which one fit what etc and then write it up for assessment....
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Tue, 12 July 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're dead set on a V6, you could try and source one from that Eunos thing.. I forget the exact make / name of the car. At any rate, it's got a wee 1.8 litre V6, you could try and shoehorn that in. I doubt it'd be a very cheap exercise though, out of the budget of a year 12 student.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Tue, 12 July 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eunos 30x, also the 1992 mazda astina's sports had the 2.0L v6 in em, but yeah a 4agze would be a better option that the camry six, its not really a small motor would be a pretty hard install and probably not a great engine for the rolla.
Note my parents have a camry touring and even after a nice clean launch full throttle with decent 16inch tyres it spins the wheels as soon as the tacho hits 4krpm, now take 300kg out and see what happens.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 7AFE conversion to a 6 cylinder?? Tue, 12 July 2005 17:23 Go to previous message
Its not entirely the same but anyways 3VZ-FE into a Mk1 MR2
But if you can work around the general idea of it, you'll see the amount of crap that needs doing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:silly wiring question
Next Topic:ra40 front struts into a ke55?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:21:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005547046661377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.