Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 06:54 Go to next message
Noticed this today on the front driver's side tyre of my RAV4. The bulge wasn't there a couple of days ago. The other 3 tyres are looking normal. Tyres are running 36 psi in the front and 34 psi in the rear. What could cause this? Gotta take my car to my tyre guy next weekend. Do you think it's safe to drive with this tyre till then?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/mohit/tyrebulge01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/mohit/tyrebulge02.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt drive on it. if you hit a gutter it sometimes does that.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I've only had that happen once, and it was post crash. not hugely safe to drive around on that
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys. Looks like the stockies go back on for another week. I do remember going thru a violently harsh pot hole a couple of days ago. Man i hate Warrigal Road Mad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like tyre is delaminating - avoid driving on it as it will probably fail dramatically (and most likely lead to an accident).
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swap it to the spare or put it on the back...

Go to your local tyre shop asap and get it changed...
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My spare (215/70/16) is not usable coz its 20mm larger in od than my road tyres (235/50/18). I'm gonna put the stock tyres (215/70/16) back on while i'm geting a replacement tyre. Will also get a spare (235/60/16) that's 4mm smaller in od than the road tyres.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a good plan...
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the problem is the brand of tyre Laughing i had my last rear lm dunlops delaminate and one had a very dangerous looking bulge like that . I wouldn't bother swapping it to the rear as its only a matter of time before it gives out
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That my friend is a combination of low profile tyres,a firmer than stock suspension? and a bloody sharp edged pot hole ..hit at speed..do not drive on it...the wonder is that you did not pinch the wall at the time..and deflate on the spot..
I speak as one who screwed 2x$160+ tyres on the front of my old Mazda in much the same circumstances..with less than 1000k's on them... Sad ...the only difference was I was able after a protracted legal type letter writing exercise get reimbursed by the local council who had done a totally shitty job joining the road to the drive way I went over..It might be worth having a go at Dunlop via the dealer ..without telling the "full story".. Smile
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep it for burnouts lol !
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that a bulge in your tyre or are you just happy to see me? Razz
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same thing hapeened to my bro
the tyre joint said it was from extended driving in hot wheather or something
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats happenned to me before
as far as im aware thats where the "seam" of the tyre was.. might be the same for you and it just puffed out
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Sun, 10 July 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like.....

tyre cancer
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Mon, 11 July 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My falken's did this also, dunno what the cuase was.
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Mon, 11 July 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went to my tyre guy and tried to act dumb but he knew what the problem was straight away...impact damage. Price he gave me for one new 235/50/18 Dunlop SP Sport 2000 tyre was $485. Also got qoutes from 3 other tyre places but they were even more expensive...$499, $505 and $510. The tyre and size is standard equipment on BMW 7 series and Jaguar XJR so i tried my local BMW and Jaguar dealerships to see what price they could give...both wanted $550 for one tyre!

I then decided to call some used tyre shops around my area. One guy said he had some 235/50/18s in stock so i went down to see them. Picked up two used Michelin Pilot SX tyres for $100 each...both have 90% tread remaining. Also picked up a Goodyear 235/60/16 tyre to run as my spare for $30...this one has 50% tread left. All prices included fitting and balancing. So fronts are Michelins, rears are Dunlops and spare is Goodyear...i'm a tyre brand whore Evil or Very Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Mon, 11 July 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work on the pick ups man...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Mon, 11 July 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had the exact same sort of thing happen with a Dunlops tyre I had a few years back (when it was only a couple weeks old). Not good when you look at the car the morning after a late night mega-thrash and see that sort of thing!! Took it back and kicked up a stink and they ended up replacing it for free..

Was a couple of weeks later that I remembered I'd actually hit a silent cop with that wheel about a week before i noticed the problem.. Oops! Embarassed
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Mon, 11 July 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
silent cops suck dogs balls... thank FUK South Oz doesnt have them here...
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Mon, 11 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...yet
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Bulge In My Tyre Mon, 11 July 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 22:28

silent cops suck dogs balls... thank FUK South Oz doesnt have them here...

Whats a silent cop?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 14:02]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Bulge In My Tyre Mon, 11 July 2005 14:09 Go to previous message
ur kidding me right? u LIVE in sydney lol

its one of those metal round things, in teh middle of the road to stop you cutting corners.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Body kits
Next Topic:wat diff to buy ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:24:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059590339660645 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.