Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Ride Height Laws Fri, 08 July 2005 05:43 Go to next message
Ok guys, i know that the lowest u can legally go is 100mm, but i would like to find out the law that states that. Does anyone know where i can find it and whose legislation it is?

Regards Nathan
  Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Ride Height Laws Fri, 08 July 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its referenced somewhere among these "Vehicle Standards Information Sheets"
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/v si/vsi_dl1.html

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ride Height Laws Fri, 08 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't let 100mm stop you from going any lower though ... Evil or Very Mad Cool

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ride Height Laws Fri, 08 July 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha wat dodgy haro said.. my exhaust is about 70mm off the ground. they dont seem to worried at the moment though. although when they want to get picky they will have me on a plate

in qld it is 97 or 98mm 2mm pfft but still might be the difference between you losing or keeping your license/vehicle

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2005 07:16]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Ride Height Laws Fri, 08 July 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 17:15

in qld it is 97 or 98mm

No
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ride Height Laws Fri, 08 July 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the nice policeman told me that only going on what he said
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Ride Height Laws Sat, 09 July 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment I seem to be getting away with about 95mm or less under my front axle. but you can bet that if they get picky they can make me lift it back up.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Ride Height Laws Sat, 09 July 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roundy: Slam your car to the ground, who cares honestly what the legal limit is, a cop can still defect you if he 'thinks' that its too low.

When you get defected, instal standard sus, pass through RTA check station, then install your coilovers again.

Solved.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ride Height Laws Sat, 09 July 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 11:43

Roundy: Slam your car to the ground, who cares honestly what the legal limit is, a cop can still defect you if he 'thinks' that its too low.

When you get defected, instal standard sus, pass through RTA check station, then install your coilovers again.

Solved.

Just do it right the first time, get it engineered and get no defects, don't have to worry about fines, defects, waste of time changing it over and so on...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Ride Height Laws Sat, 09 July 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh heh, the lower you go, the slower you have to go Wink ausie roads aint that great....

would be piss funny to see you stranded on a maccas speedhump tho Laughing Laughing Laughing siiiik Wink

basically call your RTA and ask them when it came into effect and go from there. it may have started out as an ADR.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: Ride Height Laws Mon, 11 July 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol sorry guys, misled u a little (tho maybe not, i didn't mention it was for me Razz ) basically i just wanted to know cause i am a civil engineer in training and my boss asked me to try and find out where it states that.

Cause we sorta had an argument about driveway acesses, i said that if anyone scrapes on the driveway designed for a car with a 100mm ride height that their car isn't legal and they can't whinge!

That said, we still try to give a factor of safety to 75mm where ever possible.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Ride Height Laws Mon, 11 July 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for your needs, scraping depends on many factors as well as ride height, mainly front and rear overhang and distance between front and rear axles.

for example my car is "in the weeds bro" and i dont really scrape on that many driveways etc, but my mate's TX3 used to scrape on everything, and it wasnt all that low.

also, (in victoria at least) you can go much lower than 100 mm between front wheels and between back wheels, presumably because this point will go over a bump with the wheels.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ride Height Laws Tue, 12 July 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly, approach and departure angle is far more dependant on overhang than ride height (probably becuase there is a lot more variation in vheicle overhang out there).
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: Ride Height Laws Tue, 12 July 2005 00:48 Go to previous message
yeah i know the overhang is critical, and that u could prolly lower a 1 series beemer to ridiculous height and still not hit the gaurds!

we use a stadard template anyways, all roads, driveways etc are designed to the 85th percentile of vehichles, so just a standard template works fine, and only 15% (supposedly) are outside the template
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:head gaskets????
Next Topic:RA28 Clear Tail Lights
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 00:54:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067861080169678 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.