Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toyo Truck
Regular

August 2004
    I ain't no JABBER!
Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Mon, 13 June 2005 14:18 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I really need to do a brake change in the cressida soon,
was wondering what is the best pads for the MX83?
Which are the best for performance for my mates 1JZ,
and which pads are best for my 7M-GE cressida.
What do you use in your Cressida?

Also, IF I need new rotors, which ones are best to get,
does anyone make aftermarket brake rotors for MX83s??
wouldn't mind upgrading for future mods.

Cheers,
Bart
  Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Mon, 13 June 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can, Get EBC Greenstuff front pads and slotted discs and you will be impressed of the difference...
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Mon, 13 June 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the little bit extra trouble and do a brake upgrade (probably go with Nissan 4 potters) - well worth it, especially with the undersized MX83 brakes!
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Mon, 13 June 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ yer four spot is best,

on my mates car (7mge stock) were are doing trd sport pads and RDA slotted rotors. If anyone else wants some trd pads for their mx83 let me know and ill get some sent over with my trd order thanks - you have until thursday night to get in contact with me, otherwise i can still get them easily, but more shipping will be charged thanks Very Happy
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 14 June 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i use bendix 4wd on front and bendix advance on the back, stops great
Toyo Truck
Regular

August 2004
    I ain't no JABBER!
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 14 June 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey EvilJack,
Which 4WD pads do you get from Bendix? Which 4WD uses the same pads as an MX83?? Hilux?? This would be a good priced option if the TRDs or EBCs are too
Pricey.

Cheers,
Bart
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 14 June 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supposedly my car has EBC greenstuff pads on it, stops OK but could be better. The rotors are warped though (one more thing for the to-do list). I think the greenstuff pads are pretty aggressive on your rotors though from what I've heard.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 14 June 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX83's are heavy cars and the brakes aren't big. Good quality pads will help but they're not a real solution, especially for those with decent power. A brake upgrade is definitely in order, and as luck would have it there is a very easy upgrade available for the MX83!
Toyo Truck
Regular

August 2004
    I ain't no JABBER!
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 14 June 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet,

What does the upgrade consist of??
Or do you have any links to info on this upgrade??
This sounds like the way to go.

Cheers,
Bart
Bodgie Luigi
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 14 June 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think Genuine pads are about the only affordable part you can buy from your toyota stealer. About $80 a pair.

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 14 June 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just goto any store and ask for 4wd pads for cressida, there listed

there longer wearing than advance and they dont make ultimates for the cressida

i run gx81 brakes up front, same size disc as stock cressida and it stops my 1jz quick smart
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 14 June 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyo Truck wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 17:47

Or do you have any links to info on this upgrade??

http://www.norbie.net/Project2JZ/BrakeUpgrade/
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Sun, 10 July 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That link is pretty good for a bolt on upgrade for the cressida, but if I wanted to go up over 300mm are there any kits available.

I know that I have seen a kit for the older Soarer from Jap Imports(?) that uses large DBA rotors and nissan 4 spots with addapter brackets.

Any one have any experience they want to share?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Mon, 11 July 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JRocket wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 10:20

That link is pretty good for a bolt on upgrade for the cressida, but if I wanted to go up over 300mm are there any kits available.

Why do you want to go bigger than that? Unless you're building your Cressida as a circuit racer you'll find the above is more than adequate. I've taken my car to Qld Raceway and was unable to get the brakes even close to fading, and I was standing on the anchors at close to 200km/h at the end of the straight every lap!
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Mon, 11 July 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good to me.

Thought it will be driven daily, I will be going to the track every chance I get. That's one of the main reasons I built it.

Guess I'll find the calipers and get to it...
Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 03:05]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Best Brake Pads For MX83 - What do you use?? Tue, 12 July 2005 03:02 Go to previous message
[img=http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/451/sv3007 576ie.th.jpg]

these arrived today they fit aus spec and our new 279mm chaser brakes Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Which Microtech for 3TGTEU?
Next Topic:smallport 4AGE oxygen sensor wiring
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:08:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060038566589355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.