Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Mon, 11 July 2005 08:03 Go to next message
Just bought the new SPEED magazine as it has a 4 page write up of KOICHI YAMASHITA's (Running Free owner) JDM Trueno.

Not a bad read up. The car looks sweet! 15 x 8 and 15 x 9 Work Meisters Very Happy AE92 4age w/ TRD internals, Running free body kit, etc etc

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Mon, 11 July 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 18:03

Just bought the new SPEED magazine as it has a 4 page write up of KOICHI YAMASHITA's (Running Free owner) JDM Trueno.

Not a bad read up. The car looks sweet! 15 x 8 and 15 x 9 Work Meisters Very Happy AE92 4age w/ TRD internals, Running free body kit, etc etc

niiiiiice

finally speed features a good car /flame suit on
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Mon, 11 July 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 18:46

niiiiiice

I half agree with you there Garth. When Speed started a few years back they had some very cool, different cars in there, but lately it seems like there hasn't been much variety, but this issue looks the goods.

I love the paint on the Running Free AE86, such a sweet shade of red, makes me want to respray my car haha. Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 08:53]

optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Mon, 11 July 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you guys ever have a browse through other car mags at the newsagent - I've found interesting stuff in things like Banzai and Japanese Performance Cars (both British) as well as Import Racer (US mag), which featured a Trueno coupe with a Hasselgren 4AG a little while back, plus the latest issue of Retro Cars (UK) has a fully restored 1964 Mark 1 Corona race car (and a Datsun 120Y with a Silvia turbo engine in it), and at least one US car mag (I think it's Sports Compact Car) is building up a Trueno as a project car (basically throwing the whole T3/Battleversion catalogue at it).

Also, there's a new car mag in Australia called Race, focusing on track and clubsport level cars - last issue had nice Datsun 260Z and Datto 1600 race cars, and a feature testing brake pads written by a guy with a AE86 he uses for club sprints.

I'll do some scanning and post some of these things up when I get a spare minute...

EDIT: actually, it's Turbo Magazine that's doing the Trueno build up; lookee here:
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0306tur_proj86/i ndex.html

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 14:27]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Mon, 11 July 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RACE magazine is awesome ive bought it ever since its first magazine (they have only had 2 so far). There is no bling in it just lots of technicle articles and helpful hints for racing.

they are also building their own supercar which they are going to get engineered and registered for less than $200 a week.

Top Magazine
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Mon, 11 July 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

niiiiiice

Not for long... that's their last issue after getting canned!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Mon, 11 July 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What!
Damn thats a shame.
Thats sucks. This issue has so many awesome cars in it.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Tue, 12 July 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So youre saying that Speed is no longer?
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Tue, 12 July 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 09:17

niiiiiice

Thats what was rumoured, last issue which my car was in
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Tue, 12 July 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 13:06

niiiiiice

Thats what was rumoured, last issue which my car was in

Well it aint a rumour any more. How did the article turn out anyway Shane?
duff_boy
Regular

January 2005
Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Tue, 12 July 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

niiiiiice

are you kidding?? fuck me dead... speed is/was the only good magazine about modded imports... all hot fours and all the other shit have is phat neons/kits/rice wings/sick subwoofers and ricey shit Sad
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Tue, 12 July 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I liked speed for its professional layout, but i stopped buying issues after #10 or so, dont know why but ive just gone off mags a bit.

Then drift battle came out, and ive bought every issue. why? simply because all my friends are in it, and i can relate to it, so its good to pick up and flick through.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Tue, 12 July 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought that rumour about SPEED being canned was raised, but then quashed by the editor...
COROLA
Occasional Poster

February 2004

Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Tue, 12 July 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a question? are they carbies on that 86? or a strange trd efi throttle body? weird and confused Confused
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Wed, 13 July 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEED still comes across as a typical ricer mag in the end, better than most, but still too much bling!

RACE is awesome... I just bought issue #2 and actually found it interesting, not full of crap. Gotta try find issue #1 now.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: NEW SPEED MAGAZINE - Running Free AE86 Trueno Wed, 13 July 2005 00:54 Go to previous message
Just looking over www.run-free.com, i'd say he has twin solex carbies. Old school power Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rim repairs in Newcastle
Next Topic:another ebay dickhead
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:57:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055251121520996 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.