Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid ... (up for sale).

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Sun, 10 July 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's my dyno chart from Dyno Day 11:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/bigfella73/Misc/DynoChart3-7-05.jpg

Not too shabby... Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Mon, 11 July 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She gets a bit rich beyond where the graph crosses over but nothing too massive.
Most stock GT4's run about the same AFR's

Also 80% duty cycle is where most people tuners like to keep below... any more and you'll probably get told to upgrade the injectors.

Definately talk to Dave and see what he says about the injectors and some more tuning.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Mon, 11 July 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just on the injectors Toobs, what type are they (top or side feed) and which bigger ones above 540cc will fit in the head without modification?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Mon, 11 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are side feed injectors standard.
I am pretty sure Apexi has some suitable injectors, however, I haven't really gone down that path as I plan on getting a top feed fuel rail for my rig.
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Tue, 12 July 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice figure! Do I get to drive it before or after it's tuned? Very Happy

Speaking of which, have we got a timeframe for tuning? The camera is still warm.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Wed, 13 July 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah keep that camera warm dude, hopefully I'll have enough to get it tuned soonish, not sure of when but it will have to be before the next Dyno Day. As for you driving it.... Shocked Surprised Confused Ummmm, I don't think that will be happening too soon. Wink

BTW, where was your lazy ass on Dyno Day Tats? Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 02:31]

Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Thu, 14 July 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jindabyne, actually. My lazy arse only took 4 hours to discover it can't ski to save it's life Embarassed Lucky it's still in one piece.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Thu, 14 July 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, stick to tobogganing dude. Laughing
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Thu, 14 July 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, that didn't work either. I rolled the taboggan Embarassed Broke a $5 pair of Go-Lo sunnies doing it too. 10 mins of headache then I was alright Confused
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Fri, 15 July 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had one of the best airborne experiences on a toboggan... sailing down a steep hill with an 8-foot jump halfway down..... Shocked If I could have sprouted wings right then, I would have flown. Wink

BTW, updated broken links on pages 28-32. Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Fri, 12 August 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time to update this thread again....

Things to do with my car :
Install tacho (Mos)
Install new coolant thermo-switch & wire in to fan (Mos)
Rice-up the interior and give my plates some more purpose with ultra-violet neons (or black-lights) and some coloured ones in the footwells
Sell grille-guard, bashplate, exterior lights & loom (package)

The first 3 items can be done fairly soon... I'm having trouble selling my grille0guard package however..

Things I want to do but can't afford yet Sad :
Dyno-tune
Bodykit & paint
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Sat, 13 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get the engine run in properly before you dyno tune it again... otherwise the tune won't be quite right once its run in.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Mon, 15 August 2005 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got some more bling for the engine bay, scored a TRD oil cap on eBay fairly cheap. Fits well, looks the goods too. Wink

Also, Thermo-switch is on order too. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 15:46]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Andrew's 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid Project... updated again. Wed, 07 September 2005 06:54 Go to previous message
Got the tacho installed and functioning, also the rest of the wiring done... thanks very much to Mos for his hard work on my car. Wink

Now it gets up to temperature and stays there... not too hot, not too cold. Just right. Gets to about 87°C. Very Happy

I've had my fun with this project, and as I've mentioned already in the Classifieds section, my ride is now up for sale (regretfully). As you may have read (some of you over and over again), it's had a SHITload of work done to it, and it's now running just the way it's supposed to. As a result it's left me with an incredible hole in the bank account.

Need to sell it now so I can drive around in something a bit more normal. I can't afford to run this beastie anymore. Open to offers, but I'd like to get around $30k for it, which will pay off my loans (just). Anyone interested should reply either here or in the Classifieds section where it's advertised, or PM me for more details if you need them, but IT MUST SELL SOON. Sad
Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:tims ae 92 sx
Next Topic:My '91 "Baby" Camtegra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:05:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051279067993164 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.