Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone in here have HKS SSQV blow off valve installed in their car? or know what it sounds like.

Wil it fit into the factory position?
  Send a private message to this user    
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THEY HAVE A HIGH PITCHED SQUEAL

similar to the sound u hear in a basketball court when players slip and slide on the court

its Shite IMHO Crying or Very Sad

blitz is the loudest one on the market makes the normal bov sound
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i prefer the sound of the turbosmart type 2 personally.

but i dont see myself getting a bov yet, I want to do other things like fix the suspension by getting new stuff (damn pedders crap) and getting a manual boxen

GreyWolfe
Regular

January 2004

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pedders stuff seems to be a real love or hate em prospect. Id be interested to know whether its the quality or the install that gives em a bad rep.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quality, installers are usually trained pros...

the shocks are just shithouse...cant really compare with the good german and jap brands, i.e. ohlins, bilstien and cusco Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently theyre really good, but on a heavy car like the soarer, they cant cope.

rvrolla (who now has the most kick arse looking MX83) used to have an MZ20, and he had pedders on his. Was fine at first, 6 months later they were like they were just springs, car bouncing around horribly...

Like how mine is getting to now. It's pretty shockin. Just cant handle the demands put on them I guess! *shrugs*

Either way, I'm going to see if I can buy that stuff off MZ21_shiznac in perth... just trying to sort out money before I get back to him Smile
F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 11:40

THEY HAVE A HIGH PITCHED SQUEAL

similar to the sound u hear in a basketball court when players slip and slide on the court

its Shite IMHO Crying or Very Sad

blitz is the loudest one on the market makes the normal bov sound

i dont mind being different. because its super sequential thats why i m really interested to know how it will sound like ina twin turbo. a bit of change with d BOV sound neva hurts any1 Razz

but i do like d sound of a BOV that phuuuuu suuuu suuuuuu suuuuu
not sure of what brand they are.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha that sound sint from the bov its compressor surge and yeah it sounds good but aint good for the turbo it depends what afm u have id its hotwire, karman, then u will get the noise , wont happen if u have a flap type afm , then agin if u have no afm u will def get it

And yeah supesequential only means it has two valves in the bov (same as blitz dual drive one ) one small one and other a large one small one lets off when thers little or no boost (less backpressure) large one goes off when the boost is high (more back pressure) but if u take the small attachment on the hks bov off u will get the normal whoosh sound

If u want the fluttering noise u mentioned before don’t put on a bov or tighten the bov nicely sio it only releases wen there big back pressure all the ther times u will get the fluttering noise under low boost this onlywill work if u have the hot wire / karman vortex afm
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the turbosmart type 2 that i mentioned makes the clatter noise as it flutters open and closed

its awesome Smile

when it really has to vent though it just stays open, and you get your nice phoosh noise

i never was a fan of bov's... but its growing on me

TT_50AR's one was awesome
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the stuff is here merudo. Anytime when your ready. I'm in no rush to sell.

The stock 1JZ stock Bov sounds nice and abolutely different to everything else. It also flutters too...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 09:35

is there any 1UZ-FE Z20 soarers around??

Just wondering, you dont see many..

When i was looking into conversions i questioned this for my Z10. it came up very dear, and they weren't sure if it would fit, so it would be even harder in a z20, although they fit in hilux's.

Anyway it was going to be around 10'000 i think compared to about 4'000 for a 1G-GTE and other people will be able to tell you what a 1J would be. but i think the V8 is the dearest. still would be fun though
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 22:43

Merudo wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 09:35

is there any 1UZ-FE Z20 soarers around??

Just wondering, you dont see many..

When i was looking into conversions i questioned this for my Z10. it came up very dear, and they weren't sure if it would fit, so it would be even harder in a z20, although they fit in hilux's.

Anyway it was going to be around 10'000 i think compared to about 4'000 for a 1G-GTE and other people will be able to tell you what a 1J would be. but i think the V8 is the dearest. still would be fun though

$10,000???

You're joking, right?

There's plenty of room in there, isn't it essentially an MA70 engine bay?

considering the things i've seen the 1UZ-FE been put into, i have severe doubts that people think it wouldnt fit Shocked Confused Confused Confused Shocked Shocked Shocked
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i wanted a manual. they went on about custom this and that. i can send you the quote if you would like
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 19:32

TT_50AR's one was awesome

mines the GFB hybrid
50/50 plumback
but i havnt connected the 50% bak 2 the manifold yet so its 100% atmosphere at the moment
but i like it loud

Drive past ppl and let it off and they scream!!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 22:43

I would say $10k is a good price for a manual 1uz if a shop is doing all the work.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mz20 guys what model is this?, i have seem other gt's and they werent leather.

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/697293.jpg
http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/697300.jpg

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!unique_co ntent.enquiry?current_rec=4&page_number=1& vehicle_id=2426956&total_rec=149&sort_type =2&make_id=8&model_id=140

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2005 13:48]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be an MZ20 GT Limited then Cool Surprised

very nice!

edit: just went on a cruise with a full tank of petrol, i'm not even at halfway yet (one bar above half a tank) and i've done around 270km!!

Still misfiring though, new leads are en-route!

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2005 17:20]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you guys tell me what your paying for insurance, whether comprehensive or 3rd party and ages?, thanks.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I just went 3rd party and pay the same as a normal car. I'm 19 and to go full comprehensive, they were going to charge me $2,200. Mine is a GT model but no leather, must be a "limited" as merudo said.
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im 19 with a bad driving history and i pay somehwere around $600 a year for 3rd party fire and theft they want $2500 for full comp
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My other Toyota...

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421618288/1.jpg

1995 Lexus SC400 GT-LTD.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2005 04:34]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice and clean. I like it!
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I wanted an auto car too so i got my girlfriend to sell her car and went halves with her! One owner, 65yo man, imported with 18,000km on it. Been absolutely hassle free. Big fan of the V8 Soarers. Reliable, comfortable, cheap to maintain within reason (compared to a sports car) and not slow by any means.
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys

in regards to insurance who did you guys get quotes from for $2200 and $2500

thanx
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both are not in sydney.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wholy shit this thread is long
i basically ahvent checked toymods since it was 4 pages...
long time
and im too lazy to read it all
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just cars only place i can insure a soarer
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the crossmember arrived today... I'll take pics of it this afternoon...

No reply back from the guy that had the pedals... I can only assume he doesnt want to sell them! Surprised
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff man

manny def wants to sell those pedals get in touch with him hees not playing around mate
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cthulhu wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 23:41

just cars only place i can insure a soarer

yeah they are a bit pricey

try unique car insurance they also insure soarers and are cheaper
ive got 700 compared to 1000 for jc
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1000 for just cars?

Just cars said $2600 / year for me... forget that...

So I'm on NRMA third party property damage... yay is me...

I'm still missing a drivers door window as well... nearly two weeks running now! Sad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im on rating 1 and will soon be 25 , lalalalalalala

i didnt take it up cause the pricks wanted the full cash down , didnt have a grand so now no insurance , but will soon take em

but its gonna go up cause ive got the cooler now, and soon exhaust
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think no matter who i go through ill get raped but ive come to except that
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know how you can get scale models of cars and stuff, and you have to assemble, glue together, and paint etc yourself...

Is there one you can get of the Z20 series soarer?

I'd love to get one and build it Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ucan get em on ebay some times , also yahoo japan always has em
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 20:40

I'm still using the A340E auto box that was behind the 1G-GTE. Reason being MV Automatics said the A340E can go past 300kw easily, but the A342E from the 1JZ-GTE starts to run out of legs around 300kw. I'll be getting a stage 1.5 shift kit from those guys as I've been in a 1JZ Chaser with the kit and damn does it shift hard Smile

Just be wary that not all A340E's are the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1GGTE got the same A340E as the 7MGE (just like the manual got the W58 instead of the R154).

And I can guarantee you the 7MGE A340E is NOT the same as the 7MGTE A340E.
Merudo wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 07:35

also cruzsida, if you read this, i remember you mentioning how you had to get a custom bellhousing and flywheel to use a manual gearbox on a 1UZ. But i was reading in a thread earlier about a guy who put a 1UZ-FE in his MX-5... and he used the W58 box, just with a modified auto bellhousing and a 3SGE flywheel.

I didn't think that would be possible!

Yes, its all possible, and its the cheap, hard and dangerous way to do it.
You have to set up the clutch fork correctly, that would be a bitch.
Also the 3S flywheel needs redrilling, which to me is like signing your own death warrant.

I'm all for doing custom things, but when something is available off the shelf for a 'reasonable' price, I do that.
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm paying $900 a year for fully comp. through Shannons here in Perth. That's with all mods listed and I'm 28.
But, that was with the 1G-GTE. I have no idea what it'll be with the 1JZ conversion. I want to get it permitted first before I tell them, hopefully soon otherwise I'll get raped if I have an accident.
- Chris.
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://homepage2.nifty.com/soarer/img-box/img20050605151331.jpg
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 00:09

http://homepage2.nifty.com/soarer/img-box/img20050605151331.jpg

Shocked

edit: Noticed something last night.

Started the car in the ice cold, and it's idling fine. no missing, no nothing. drove to a mate's house down the road, around 5 or 6 minutes away, and when i stopped there, it had started popping and misfiring, (sounds like its dropping a cylinder)

BTW, my leads and new valley cover are on their way... but yeah... it's almost as if it's only misfiring when the car's warmed up...

What could that possibly mean?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 22:49]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

so it can be done to the soarer
god damn i was so thinking about doing this some time ago but wasnt sure if it could be done due to the soarer door hinges plus insurance and the possibilities of it being illegal

the fron bar mmmmmmmmm Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I would've thought the doors would have been too heavy to be supported like that... certainly looks pretty trick!

I'd love to have my doors open like that... I wonder how much a gullwing conversion would cost
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
think i got quoted a grand or so to get it done , similar kind of pricing , stuff has to be sent from the states

prob can do it for cheaper as all that involved is a pair of hinges and some gas struts
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 08:50

hey mate here r some more pix of my rims
but rims r gettin sold this wkend... so if any1 is interested pm me....

Hey mate, How come you're selling them? Do Z10/Z20 Soarers have the same PCD and offset as the Z30 Soarers?

Fingers
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20 and 30 are the same 50mm offset dunno about the 10 im pretty sure they are different
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys im havin a problem when i turn my car off..
you kno the lock thing when you turn your car off you have to press in at the same time 2 get the key out..
well wwhen i turn my car off i cant get my key out and im pressing down and doing everythin i can to get it out.. sometimes i just move the car forward a bit more and then it works but its gettin really annoying
Nathan
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
z10's are 114.3 x 4 with +20 offset. very hard to fid wheels for.

And to get the Key out have you tried moving the steering wheel, because it sometimes locks the wheel
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mine has a steering wheel lock where it clicks locked, but i thought that just didnt let you turn the key after you put it IN unless you pull it in the right direction?

I wasn't aware it stopped you from removing the key...

Maybe get a second key cut, and leave one in the ignition? Wink
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 15:12

yeah mine has a steering wheel lock where it clicks locked, but i thought that just didnt let you turn the key after you put it IN unless you pull it in the right direction?

I wasn't aware it stopped you from removing the key...

Maybe get a second key cut, and leave one in the ignition? Wink

nah not the steering wheel lock
a lock that when u go 2 take turn the key 2 turn ur car off. it goes half way. and then u gotta hold a button in 2 get it unlocked 4 the other half 2 get it out
now wen i press down on that button it doesnt work sometimes.
Nathan
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks HOT!!! Anyone know what front bar that is, seen better ie the Do Luck but i'd still be more than happy to have it on my car. Is the rest of the kit the factory aero one does anyone know? Thought the front bar was the factory aero with an extension but then noticed there's more difference to it than that
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks HOT!!! Anyone know what front bar that is, seen better ie the Do Luck but i'd still be more than happy to have it on my car. Is the rest of the kit the factory aero one does anyone know? Thought the front bar was the factory aero with an extension but then noticed there's more difference to it than that
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm tasty...

http://www.geocities.jp/speedstarkyuusyuu/20031101231.jpghttp://www.geocities.jp/speedstarkyuusyuu/2004171991.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 14:08]

earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar_ry 2 beat ya wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 20:27

Nah. I found it on a Japanese site and it didn't mention what kit it is. I can't see too much of the rear bar, but the side skirts look more pronounced than the factory ones.

- Chris.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 23:33

mmmmm tasty...

http://www.geocities.jp/speedstarkyuusyuu/20031101231.jpghttp://www.geocities.jp/speedstarkyuusyuu/2004171991.jpg

yep...

im hard
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarers would be a billion times more popular if we saw some of these kitted out ones being imported into AUS...I think that's what initially turns some people off, they look at a gen 2 soarer or something with no bodykit, then they look at an MA70 supra with side skirts... meh

Those soarers look really awesome.

gotta get some skirts for mine.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, whats with all pics of soarer's in japan featuring Mt Fuji or some other mountainous area in the background.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they must be from the same photoshoot or something, i remember seeing one with some real ugly wide body kit on it, and it looked like it was in a big row of soarers up against the gutter, very similar to how those ones are...

how popular were old school soarers in japan??
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys im thinking about getting a nice exhaust for the soarer , is it better to get it done here or import one of the direct bolt in ones from Japan ,

Also im getting neons on the soarer for under car its already got blue led parkers , and ive ordered some purple under car neon’s do u think its going to look good , I didn’t go blue cause everyone one has blue ,

Maybe hot pink

What u think

i know its a rice idea but neons married to a soarer will have people wondering

wtf was that baaahahahahahahaha

its only for that reason

also need that fron bar changed isnt that black soarer have the dianan bar or am i dreaming

is that the one tt5oar is making

whatever its is hope the cooler will be able to be seen hehehe thats the only reason i changed mine

cant even see anything atm its as stealth as it can be but unfotunately the car isnt quick hahahahahaha
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 23:33

mmmmm tasty...

spoont... well im spent
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ndgcpr wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 15:10

z10's are 114.3 x 4 with +20 offset. very hard to fid wheels for.

And to get the Key out have you tried moving the steering wheel, because it sometimes locks the wheel

better beleive z10's are hard to find rims for
i spent a good whole day down at the tyre shop
Pages (51): [ «  <  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:23:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012620210647583 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.