Toymods » Tech & Conversions » want to attempt on painting my car soon

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
want to attempt on painting my car soon Wed, 13 July 2005 13:04 Go to next message
Hey guys I want to paint my car soon so I would like to know what I need to paint a car. I will practice on parts and things like that and work my way up. I can use a can cleanly enough and get a nice job from that so im not a painting NOOB all together.

what coats are involved, what products to use and to avoid. I have a seca and would like to paint it a nice bright colour (undecided) Wink Not something I wish to rush either.

I quite like the job done on the hot pink AE86 on this forum, so something like that would be good.

cheers for helping me research this.

dan
  Send a private message to this user    
feistl
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: want to attempt on painting my car soon Wed, 13 July 2005 20:52 Go to previous message
Its pretty hard to get a good finish unless you do it in a spray booth. If your planning to use acrylic paints you may get away with a compressor at home, be careful about fumes etc. If you want a 2PAC finish take it to a pro. the paint will cost $100+ per litre (at trade prices for good paint) and you'll need 4 to 5 litres at a guess. depends how many coats you want and how well the surface was prepared. 2PAC can only be done in a proper spray booth. 2PAC is the paint used on all new cars (from about 94 on wards on the commodores, i can only comment on what i know). Its generally the best finish. But basically unless your garage magically stays at 24 degrees with good ventilation you wont get a good finish.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Haltech F7B have a map sensor?
Next Topic:Car not statrting
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:25:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037679672241211 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.