Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
FS. Estimate price on mini Sat, 14 June 2003 13:57 Go to next message
looking to sell my mini, have a wide range of prices set from what others have sold similiar cars at.

1977, Black
1160 bored
145bhp/108kws with the 40mm Delorto, for a non-drift car that's alot of power at the front wheels!
extractors
sports exhaust with twin exit tilted and sliced 2" tips
new battery
new tyres
mini mags
full woodgrain customized dash with glove box
autotechnica chrome and woodgrain steering wheel
various neon lights, including pedals, ceiling, doors...etc
Sony explode stereo, with Amp, sub, twin 6x9 Totalling $2700
custom built boot interior, all black carpeted.
fullsized sunroof
tinted windows
Bug catcher
alarm and immbliser
Regestured for another 11 months
has 30,000 on the clock since built
all in all its a very tidy car, aprt from a bit of wear in the carpet and a couple of blemishes in the paint. goes like the clapers! Has killed many oppenents that a normal mini wldn't even dream of incountering.

Love this car to bits, but really need a change Sad

have seen mini's nowhere near the power or quality of this car being, even some unreg that are getting anywhere from 10 to 13 grand! this surprised me.

so what do u think? suggestions? offers?
  Send a private message to this user    
Earl
Occasional Poster

June 2003
icon5.gif  Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Sun, 15 June 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Is that a dyno confirmed 145bhp? If so, that's some amazing power out of any mini, yet alone one that's only bored to 1160cc.

I was looking at importing an A+ series engine (OHC etc.) a couple of years ago, and we weren't looking at getting anything near that, even with substantial mods. Top work!

Regarding price, yeah, they've pretty much lept off the scale over the past few years. The problem is, you start getting up around $13k, you're overlapping on genuine restored Cooper S territory. Even though they're a hell of a lot slower, more uncomfortable, and you can't ethically do anything to them, people would still shirk at spending $13k on a heavily modified clubman-style mini, as opposed to an S.

I think your best bet would be to find someone in it for the performance aspect, in which case it's worth every bit of $10k plus. If you weren't in Tasmania, I'd be over at your garage with a pair of bolt cutters, quick smart. Very Happy

rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Sun, 15 June 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have any pictures?
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Sun, 15 June 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollaboy wrote on Sun, 15 June 2003 22:11

Do you have any pictures?

come on rollaboy!! why havent u asked this yet
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Mon, 16 June 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, not sure 100% abt the 145 it's just what my mechanic has estimated, hoping to run it over the dino as soon as i have the cash, personnally as much as i'd like to believe its 145 bhp i'm thinking closer to 120 Sad but still, for a mini?! it rocks!

Anyway abt the pics, i just grabbed some offa the ol' DV camera just some shots from a short film im in the process of making but i shld have to more detailed and less 'arty' ones up 2mrw.
C:\Documents and Settings\robb family\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\robb family\DesktopC:\Documents and Settings\robb family\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\robb family\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\robb family\DesktopC:\Documents and Settings\robb family\DesktopC:\Documents and Settings\robb family\Desktop

P.S. i have no idea if this is gonna work (i'm really crap with computers) Razz
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Mon, 16 June 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmm....bugga

next idea?
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Mon, 16 June 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooook i'll try this, heres some exterior pics of the tape.

Attachment: Bugcatcher02.jpg
(Size: 15.03KB, Downloaded 285 time(s))
Attachment: Exhaust01.jpg
(Size: 11.71KB, Downloaded 189 time(s))
Attachment: Tyres01.jpg
(Size: 16.56KB, Downloaded 158 time(s))

medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Mon, 16 June 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaaaaaha! good stuff. k....here's some interior shots

Attachment: Interior.jpg
(Size: 16.81KB, Downloaded 198 time(s))
Attachment: Dash.jpg
(Size: 16.36KB, Downloaded 157 time(s))
Attachment: StereoControl.jpg
(Size: 14.51KB, Downloaded 146 time(s))

medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Mon, 16 June 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw the pic that is my avatar <= is altered, my mini doesn't have those mags of the decal Crying or Very Sad thinking abt addingthe decal but quite like the 'sleek black beast' look.
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Tue, 17 June 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey earl, wldn't happen to know anyone interested in buying a suped beast of a mini wld u? Razz can supply more pics if needed. Very Happy
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Tue, 17 June 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a couple of full car shots.

Attachment: MiniPic.jpg
(Size: 47.66KB, Downloaded 243 time(s))
Attachment: Minipic2.jpg
(Size: 51.21KB, Downloaded 184 time(s))

Earl
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Wed, 18 June 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not in Tasmania, sorry mate!

I could probably afford it, but my garage has too much MR2 in it at the moment... Laughing

Best of luck with the sale. If you want to give it away and post it up here (shouldn't cost too much) I'll always be amenable. Very Happy
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Wed, 18 June 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, give it away?! yeah right! Laughing but if u make it 11k or even 10.5k then i'll pay for the postage, just give me a month or two to find something else to fang arnd in for a while. Wink
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Tue, 24 June 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on earl! where'd u go? not running off on me are you?! Very Happy i really need to sell this car urgently, and i'm now very negotiable on the price. come on earl, you know u want to make an offer.... first thing that pops into ur head.
big willy
Occasional Poster

July 2005

Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Wed, 13 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
145bhp you have GOT to be fucken shitting me! Laughing Laughing
DUde... are you out of your mind? Even estimating 120 is a very, very stupid thing to do.
Not even a wild 1275, twin cam head, stroker crank, all the nice bits would get 145.
Your 1098cc would be lucky to reach 60bhp on the dyno.
So for 10 grand, will we be getting disc brakes on the car?
Care to put some pics of the engine in?

After you reply, i'll show you lots of pics of what a mini for 10 grand looks like... that would stomp the shit through yours.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you sound like a huge tosser, and its already up on a few forums.

Happy mini-ing.

Bye.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Wed, 13 July 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wooohooo learn how to read dates the thread has been dead for two years why bring it back up when the chance the guy will read your post is about 4/5 of fuck all Wink And the guy hasn't posted on hear for two years either Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 06:59]

WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Wed, 13 July 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahhaa thats gold.

dickhead of the week goes to you mate Laughing
big willy
Occasional Poster

July 2005

Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Wed, 13 July 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay thanks guys.

Muchly appreciated. Rolling Eyes
bludsh0t
Regular

January 2005
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Wed, 13 July 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
M_A_J
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Wed, 13 July 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big willy has a very good and valid point!!

2 years ago Mini's were not worth as much as today (they are going up ion price every day).......so this dude is flogging his log asking 10 big ones for that thing.

BTW....I have seen with my own eyes, several heavily worked 1098's run on the dyno...and only manage 50 bhp @ the wheels.

This 'full sik habbib' is jerkin his gerkin thinking he has 120 bhp @ the wheels Laughing Laughing
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Thu, 14 July 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WaLLLY wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 18:04

hahahhaa thats gold.

dickhead of the week goes to you mate Laughing

no it goes to you wally
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Thu, 14 July 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, dont be silly WiLo, im not contending with your title of Dickhead of the yr Razz
mini77
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: FS. Estimate price on mini Thu, 14 July 2005 07:41 Go to previous message
bwahahaha!

as.... if
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1988 toyota camry
Next Topic:Arrow AX-5 Go-Kart
Goto Forum: