Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 00:25 Go to next message
Just curious as to why you hardly ever, if at all, hear of people using the 1JZ-GE engine. is it because it's difficult to obtain an N/A version of this engine, or what?

It still produces 134kW @6000rpm and 235Nm or torque @4800rpm, it can't be all bad...

Just curious and just wanted to have a discussion about something Wink

Cheers
James

Send a private message to this user    
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who wants only 2.5L of NA power when u can have 2.5L of TURBO power!!!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it might have to do with a few things. One there ain't a huge amount of them floating round, two the gains are not huge yet still suffer the same costs of doing a conversion ie engineering etc etc.
For the money a 1ggte puts out more power and has plenty more potential, and some ppl think if they are gonna do a conversion they may as well get the most performance out of it as possible.

I'm sure it'd make a nice neat package to cruise round in in a light car with spritely performance.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 10:30

I'm sure it'd make a nice neat package to cruise round in in a light car with spritely performance.

That's what i thought as well, since not EVERYONE wants a turbo engine...

plus, the 1G-GTE puts out (i think) 158kw... so it puts out more than the 1JZ-GE...

*shrugs*

Just was curious as to why not many would use it.

It's like a sprinter I was reading about on another forum, a guy put an 18RG in it...

Seemed odd to me, anyway
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my plan when i got the rona, was that cos it had high milage that if it blew up that i'd put an rb25de in it, hehe that was befor i found toymods, and the car still hasn't blown up but i ain't gonna bother with a conversion now. Will just replace it at the end of the year.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aint gonna bother with a conversion?

So you're going to put a replacement of the same engine in it?

You like that little torque monster don't you Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the price of a 1JZGE cut, then check the price of a 2JZGE cut and tell me which one you'd choose Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no it hasn't blown up so there has been no need for the conversion. Instead a replacement car will be purchased and the rona will be sold hopefully or i could just drift the bitch until it blows up and crush or sell it for parts Wink
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoever said that there isn't many 1jz-ge's doesn't know what they are talking about. There may not be many in oz but that is because of lack of demand. There are a gazillion chasers in japan and about 90% of them that I saw were non turbo so either 1jzge or 2jzge.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 10:57

Check the price of a 1JZGE cut, then check the price of a 2JZGE cut and tell me which one you'd choose Rolling Eyes

I've never even seen a 1jz-ge cut advertised anywhere, I didn't even know they existed till some time last year. I suspect you're implying they're the same / more expensive than a 2jz-ge? which would be kinda stupid.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was referring to the amount floating around in aus not japan. Wink
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://202.21.128.20/photoserver/88/10265688_full.jpg
http://202.21.128.20/photoserver/37/10265737_full.jpg
http://202.21.128.20/photoserver/53/10265753_full.jpg

I believe a certain Crown addict was interested in it even though its in NZ.

Callum
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JZ series engines are big heavy bastards, and they don't easily fit in many cars that aren't big and heavy as well. 2.5 litre atmo engine + big heavy car = why did I bother with an engine conversion?

And as above, the 2JZ-GE is cheap as chips, it's roughly the same size/weight, and of course it has more power & torque. No-brainer really.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Why does no one use the 1JZ-GE? Thu, 14 July 2005 07:57 Go to previous message
Yeah, seen that one on Classicrown. Good to see a more detailed engine bay pic. Now I know I can use the 1JZGE exhaust manifold in my spare Mk2 with a 2JZGE (different exhaust manifold on the 1JZ - more like a 5/7MGE than the 2 piece 2JZGE one).
They are used for conversions in Japan and south east Asia just because they are plentiful.
I bought a 1JZGE for 400 for edumacational purposes (and all the expensive accesories bolt up to the 2JZGE). For a few hundred more, you can pick up a complete 2JZGE. Bit more torque, bit more power, all good.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ultimate mr2
Next Topic:whos the disty for Sparco seats in Oz?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:33:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060429573059082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.