Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 13 May 2005 14:07 Go to next message
I am getting a batch of these made up.

Who's interested? So far I have 4 interested parties.

Final price depends on how many I get made so as they say, "You gotta spend to save!"

Cheers Dave.
  Send a private message to this user    
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sat, 14 May 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes please,

Smile
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sun, 15 May 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down depending on price and times involved
mcostalos
Regular

February 2005

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sun, 15 May 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 sets depending on how much you can get them for.

Thanks,
Michael
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sun, 15 May 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave, I made mine with a piece of flat alloy plate and two alloy spacers. If this will do the job for you I might be able to get you a price as well.
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sun, 15 May 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i might follow michael's idea and think of the possibility of 2 sets.
i think i remember reading that you did your adaptors slightly different Cool1.
is there a benefit to either method or is it a horses for courses approach.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sun, 15 May 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only did my brackets the way I did because It was easy.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/My%20Diff/P0002917.JPG
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img231.echo.cx/img231/1216/cb7fv.jpg

ours uses 3 bolts and keeps the stone sheild, not as light but over engineered.
Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As you know,

I'm definately up for a set, possibly two.

Cheers
-Phil
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its ma70 calipers onto g-series hilux diff whilst retaining the backing plate? and the backing plate holds the bearings or sumfin from memory?

so it makes discs a bolt on afair for g-series drum diff?

Cheers

Nathan

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:31]

barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allen can you show me a pic of your bracket in action i can't picture it when comparing to cool1's setup, it seems to be missing some bolt holes.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the pic is missing bolt holes! dave has the prototypes on his crown currently and has done 1600km atleast on them so far Smile i am geting a sample cut wednesday from the cad drawing and we can get some photos... i may even have a contact for power coating! Smile

Allan
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA-022 wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 22:02

so its ma70 calipers onto g-series hilux diff whilst retaining the backing plate? and the backing plate holds the bearings or sumfin from memory?

so it makes discs a bolt on afair for g-series drum diff?

Cheers

Nathan

we use the original hilux baring carryer and modify the backing plate to fit, if you would like a bolt up kit and your serious PM me and ill chase up a price for you, once this caliper bracket is power coated black and a little weathered it will be almost impossable for most people to tell its not factory Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 23:36

yes the pic is missing bolt holes! dave has the prototypes on his crown currently and has done 1600km atleast on them so far Smile i am geting a sample cut wednesday from the cad drawing and we can get some photos... i may even have a contact for power coating! Smile

Not to mention the originals on the race car which have pulled it up repeatedly from around 200 kph.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me know when your going to be home ill bring the sample over in a couple of days
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Far out, so much more room back there for the caliper plate.
Allan, are these the same pieces which you sent me the CAD file for?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 16 May 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prolly!
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Tue, 17 May 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they will fit my hilux (84 SR5 2wd) then yes..
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Wed, 18 May 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i woukd like a set just bought the brakes need the brackets
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Wed, 18 May 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the overwhelming response.

I'll be out there tomorrow getting them made up. Will give a price tomorrow.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Wed, 18 May 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup... ill be in for a set too.
Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 20 May 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any details yet?? Smile
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 23 May 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
updates?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Mon, 30 May 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daves a bit of a unicorn (myticical creature impossable to catch) lately
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Thu, 23 June 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has mr tomato managed to find the Ark yet or has he missed it and won't be able to be reproduced and become a bedtime fable and only a memory will exist about caliper brackets?
psychofox
Regular

April 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 24 June 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I express my strong intereste in these as well! One question, what is the handbrake setup for these?
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 24 June 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would these fit onto an MA45 diff?
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 24 June 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt ma45 already disc rear end Confused
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sat, 25 June 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes but ever tryed to source MA45 parts?? i had alot of trouble with my ma45 calipers!

anyway yes you can put a hi-lux diff and then fit these brakes... its what i intend todo!
psychofox
Regular

April 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Tue, 28 June 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is anything happening with this?
Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Thu, 14 July 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone heard from Dave GT or is this thread officially dead??

Cheers
-Phil
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Thu, 14 July 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone is interested, I can still do my brakets.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Thu, 14 July 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went and got a price on the brackets today just need to work out the rest..

a show of hands to who here wants the backing plates aswell?

i'll do a ring around see how i go for geting backing plates from wreckers..
Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Thu, 14 July 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*Show's Hand For Brackets x2*

I already have backing plates modified to suit allan's style bracket.
Cash awaits...

Shane - out of curiosity, with your brackets, did you relocate the entry hole for the handbrake cable?

Thanks!
-Phil
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Thu, 14 July 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pure_In_Sanity wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 23:03

Shane - out of curiosity, with your brackets, did you relocate the entry hole for the handbrake cable?

Thanks!
-Phil

No, there was no need.
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 15 July 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just want disk brakes on my hilux... i dont really know what i need to do that ":)
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 15 July 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well tell us what model hilux and ill price up some axles and stuff make up a bit of a kit for you if i can
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 15 July 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
84 SR5... petrol, i want to get an LSD centre and a rebuild at some point in the near future too
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 15 July 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6 stud rear end?
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 15 July 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, 5 stud... might have to post some pics on here somewhere soon.. i might take some after i put my new wheels on
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 15 July 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okies cool
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sat, 16 July 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics of my lux trying on its new wheels..

http://www.sl666.net/cars/hilux/lux9.html
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sat, 16 July 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok that dosent look like a problem, should be able to hopefully make up a kit that includes backing plate, rotor, caliper and bracket. the only thing you will need to sort out is the handbrake cable (RA40 one worked for me)
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sat, 16 July 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool,

not knowing anything about these conversions, what size rotors etc are they? vented or solid?

what master cyl do people normally use?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sat, 16 July 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/527/ma70rotors3bj.jpg

you may want to get an adjustable brake bias valve im not shure how the hi-lux's load sensing bias valve will go with disc brakes, you will also need to attach a couple of little brackets to the diff and get the metal brake lines shortend if your not comfortable doing this any brake place like ABS will be able to sort it out for you

[Updated on: Sat, 16 July 2005 06:31]

SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Sat, 16 July 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine doesn't have a load sensing valve surprisingly enough.. (and no one knows if i should) i'm looking at a BA brakes conversion for the front.. evenually... its been rego'd for nearly 2 weeks.. and the engine is coming out monday night..
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Tue, 19 July 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still finalising price but brackets will be about 60 a pair gloss black and ready to bolt on!

I can get the backing plate, caliper and rotor for about $250 a pair

then it will need to be modifyed to slide over the hi-lux baring retainer so i need to go back over the prototype and refersh myself as to what needs to be done then i can give the guys who want a kit a price on the whole lot

i also have a contact for trade prices on some stuff so ill price up pads and caliper kits for those who want them.

Allan
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Wed, 20 July 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would it be possible to get the CAD files Very Happy ?

danceswithm4als@hotmail.com
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Wed, 20 July 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after the first batch is sold (to cover costs) the file will be posted here, buying the bracket in this "group buy" is still cheaper for everyone involved and thats the whole idea to make it cheaper for everyone.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Wed, 20 July 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep no probs Allan my mate works at the laser cuting place here thats all Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Thu, 28 July 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know whether these will go on a 1983 model hiace diff? It looks very similar to a hilux one Confused
psychofox
Regular

April 2004
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Fri, 16 September 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anything happened with this? I'm still very interested...
4runnerpetey
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Tue, 20 September 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im very interested too my 4wd brakes suck...wonder if the 7mgte i stuck in it has anything to do with that?
84 4runner
7mgte(40,000kms)
10psiboost
intercooled
twin thermos
oil cooler
hks s/s gasket
pod filter
cold air induct
2 3/4 straight through exhaust(no cat)
400hp fuel pump
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux diff - MA70 brake caliper brackets Tue, 20 September 2005 10:01 Go to previous message
ok looks like ill get this done, those that are DEFEINTLY interested please email supra80 at optusnet dot com dot au with subject caliper brackets and ill post the price when i get firm numbers on how many
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica / Corolla Hotwire Alloys 13 x 7 Rear Drive Melb
Next Topic:FS: 2 Drift Rims (pics up)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 00:30:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011833190917969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.