Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN, not again Mad my 3rd is crunching on the downgear again
lets see, i've tried
atf, started crunching badly with few weeks
duragear, went alrite for about 10000km with only few crunches
syntrax(not cheap $20/L), went without a crunch for about 25000km and just today crunched like crazy on the downshift

must admit it was cold last night on the motorway and i went crazy, did many 4th->3rd at speeds over 100km/h while overtaking Very Happy

man i thought i had fix it completely with the last oil change. i dont think trans oil has just deteriorated in 25000kms??? maybe i'll try the penrite thingy ferals been using
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 20:30

must admit it was cold last night on the motorway and i went crazy, did many 4th->3rd at speeds over 100km/h while overtaking Very Happy

i dont think trans oil has just deteriorated in 25000kms??? maybe i'll try the penrite thingy ferals been using

hmmm... maybe you were going a little too crazy, they don't like really quick shifting you know and going to 3rd at over 100, would have put you at a reasonably high place on the rev range, causes extra stress....

also this penrite oil, is ok, it is a little notchy when cold, but once its warmed its pretty good, dunno if it really helps the syncros much, remember once a synrco is worn, its worn, it will keep getting worse, so its not the oil thats deteriating, its the syncro
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hmmm... maybe you were going a little too crazy, they don't like really quick shifting you know and going to 3rd at over 100, would have put you at a reasonably high place on the rev range, causes extra stress....

pff.. nothing better than cruiseing along in 5th at 100-120kph coming up upon trucks or slower moving vehicle, smashing it back to 3rd, punching it and flying past at a great rate of knots at full boost.. Evil or Very Mad
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im in the same boat.. anyone had experience rebuilding the e51 gearbox. know i could just buy another one and drop it in but it'll be another second hand number so i dont mind the idea of building this one up a little tougher. ie better syncro's new bearing etc.

anyone have experience/price anything to look out for ?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 20:44

pff.. nothing better than cruiseing along in 5th at 100-120kph coming up upon trucks or slower moving vehicle, smashing it back to 3rd, punching it and flying past at a great rate of knots at full boost.. Evil or Very Mad

hmmm from what I have found from the trip to sydney last week, if your at 100km in 5th, if you plant your foot, you'll boost up pretty damn quick, hell even 4th gives you shitloads of boost to over take anything.

toof, I fear one day I may be up for the same thing, my 3rd is a little hard to get in, feels like its caught at the gates, If I ever have a major problem with it i am gonna attempt to open the box up and replace the worn syncro then slap it back together, like how hard can it be, I have a spare gt4 box to practice on first though Wink
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 20:46

yeah im in the same boat.. anyone had experience rebuilding the e51 gearbox. know i could just buy another one and drop it in but it'll be another second hand number so i dont mind the idea of building this one up a little tougher. ie better syncro's new bearing etc.

anyone have experience/price anything to look out for ?

I got mine rebuilt with all that stuff. It worked so much better after it too. I dont think just putting additives in the gearbox oil will help anything. It just masks the problem.

Bite the bullet and just rebuild it you'll thank yourself Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sort of dollars did you look at for your gearbox rebuild ? just the build not the r/r from the car.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 20:51

hmmm from what I have found from the trip to sydney last week, if your at 100km in 5th, if you plant your foot, you'll boost up pretty damn quick, hell even 4th gives you shitloads of boost to over take anything.

well sure, even the feral will pick up in 5th if i ease the boost into it and overtake, quicker in 4th, but nothing like in 3rd. Wink
i like to drive my car hard, and have been doing 5th to 3rd gear overtaking for years on both the c52 and e51 gearbox. Smile
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see feral knows what im talking about Very Happy
3rd gear on ZEs has decent pull especially on cold night
4th and 5th at 100km/h = very slow acceleration
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Clown, I saw your yellow one too, yes. On the street I saw a nice lowered citrus-yellow one, like the yellow the SW20 came from Toyota. Suits even the AW11. But this one I leave black. Maybe... Smile

Youre from Ballarat, how many AW11 are around here? Once I saw a NA in Geelong and a white SC in Melbourne.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2005 13:27]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ballarat.....

SC = Yellow (mine), white with kit (misses), dark blue (some middle aged guy

NA = 4 x red. A mates old car, nathan, some chick, and one unknown that i spotted today (un colourcoded bumpers!!), 1 or 2 black, 1x white.

Aparently theres another yellow gze that looks the same as mine although ive NEVER seen it. Mates and even my sister have come upto me saying "you snobbed me the other day". Bootheman also owns a yellow gze in melbourne, his is more of a taxi yellow though.

I almost sold mine to the misses for 12k. Thinking about it I prolly should have but ohwell. Coudlnt' bare to part with the car.

The n/a car in geelong wasn't red was it? "hughey" or something plates, guy wrote it off and bought a mx5.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 July 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 22:27

see feral knows what im talking about Very Happy
3rd gear on ZEs has decent pull especially on cold night
4th and 5th at 100km/h = very slow acceleration

you should try 5th to 3rd with a 4agte, even better than the 4agze was... Evil or Very Mad

and 4th to 2nd while cruiseing at 60kph is fun, there is a dude that we supply parts too, whenever i go past his shop i do the throw down to 2nd and fly past giving the bov whistle as i change into 3rd. he always rings up the next day saying 'love your work'.. Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2005 21:24]

stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a lot! But of course, here its common still driving a 15-20 years old car. In Germany a car is gone after 10 years. The winters are doing a good work for rust. And so it gets normaly the rear well and the area between the door and the well and also behind the well to the bumper.

No, this MR2 I saw in Geelong was a young bloke with a P plate driving and I think the car wasn't red...

Mine is not on the streets by now but I'm close to it!!!! Just got a set of Australian seatbelts, now only a set of wheels and thats it! Do you have a spare rwc set??

stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a lot! But of course, here its common still driving a 15-20 years old car. In Germany a car is gone after 10 years. The winters are doing a good work for rust. And so it gets normaly the rear well and the area between the door and the well and also behind the well to the bumper.

No, this MR2 I saw in Geelong was a young bloke with a P plate driving and I think the car wasn't red...

Mine is not on the streets by now but I'm close to it!!!! Just got a set of Australian seatbelts, now only a set of wheels and thats it! Do you have a spare rwc set??

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh yeah speaking of rust, I investigated why my boot carpet is wet from all the rain we've had, I thought it was just the tail light seal, but when I pulled it off I found this
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4638/im0010900gx.th.jpg
damn, now the fix up job, it is on it way, I have treated and clean, got a new peice in there, just gotta chuck some por15 on it and she should be right.

ohh and dave asked how bad the cancer is once, theres that and this bit,
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9838/im0010925jf.th.jpg
I'll get tround to that one later
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 21:09

what sort of dollars did you look at for your gearbox rebuild ? just the build not the r/r from the car.

Mine was $1375 to have rebuilt and i gave them the box they didnt take it out. I'll sell you mine for $800 if you want. Got less than 1000k's on it.
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did they tell on the bill what they all did? Would be interesting. Mine is very noisy in all gears, has to be the diff or the axle-bearings. Or are the SC gearbox louder than the NA's? Had only NA before and the SC since 1000 km...

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroti wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 13:49

naa i had to steal a mates set of rims off his gemini to clear my defect.
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anybody tell me what brand these rims are?

http://members.dodo.com.au/~stroti/pics/rims.jpg

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso, arrghh. Sad
i love doing bodywork, but the one thing i hate is fixing bloody rust. the feral has a small amount under the boot rubber as well, i just treated it and put the boot rubber back on. Razz nothing like that nasty bit you got there.

not too keen on what you will find up in the pillar there, thats a wierd spot to have rust in a aw11.
i got more down in the pillar below the passengers door hinge, i'm not looking forward to fixing that one. underside of my bonnet has developed a nasty bit too (i must of accidentaly got some water trapped in there when i did my vent), that i will fix when i get around to makeing a mold of the bonnet. and i have had a real nasty bit along the top of the windscreen, that got ghetto'd. Razz

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 July 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a red AW11 in Canberra yesterday afternoon, driving down past the mint blowing a LOT of smoke.

Does anyone know who it belongs to?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 July 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ben by any chance was it like my old one, red with black roof?

there is only 4 red AW11's in canberra, my old one and 3 others in the mr2clubact
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 July 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thanks feral, that bit was pretty nasty, its all been fixed now though, so hopefully no more boot leaks. That pillar bit really won't be as bad as it looks, I have pulled it all apart from the inside, the rust hasn't gone through, too badly, it is pretty minor on the inside, I have cleaned, treated and coated that, I think the faom around the speaker has been wet at some point which has caused it, either way I may leave that one till summer to fix, its really not the weather for it now
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 July 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 20:24

hey ben by any chance was it like my old one, red with black roof?

there is only 4 red AW11's in canberra, my old one and 3 others in the mr2clubact

It may well have had a black roof now I think about it (I was in traffic behind it).

I thought yours was off the road ATM.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 July 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah it is a little fucked, but still drove alright, Remember how you refered me to Mark Banyard, he had a drive on the dirt and liked the potential of it, so he bought it, one day he'll turn it to the rally car, but for the moment he is using it to drive around and intermediatly test it off road, hes been giving it a pretty hard time, so it may well be blowing a bit of smoke now... Sad
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 July 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That could explain a lot.....
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 July 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm never let him go for a drive in your car... Rolling Eyes Laughing
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 July 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He is an excellent driver and a better engineer, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he manages to do with an AW11.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 July 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah too true to that, he is damn good, certainly knows what hes doing, I too am keen to see how the AW11 comes out of this.
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok this is not an AW11 but it is an MR2. Rolling Eyes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&item=4561280339
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who is planning on going on the club run next weekend ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbrissy wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 13:45

Ok this is not an AW11 but it is an MR2. Rolling Eyes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&item=4561280339

im sorry to have a go but im sick of seeing this link
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1672/aw11roof5jq.jpg Hey guys, whats the best stuff to use to restore this piece of trim back to nice Black colour like the rest of the trim??

Cheers
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gloss black paint.
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same as mine. The pre-owner decided to polish it - I don't like it.
Would be nice getting it anodized in black. But these shops were even rare in Germany. I think when you paint it all the colors will come off sooner or later. And then it looks messy.

http://members.dodo.com.au/~stroti/pics/MR2/4.jpg
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 if you want to paint it i have some semi suitable black enamel paint here you can spray it with.. keeping in mind my spray gun in a hint average. but it should so that job...
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i made an 8" sub box to fit behind my seat comfortably in the mr2.

have a look Smile

http://www.adam.com.au/snerf/stuff/sub.JPG
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 July 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell when I resparyed the red mr2 cause i had all the trims off I gave them a light sand and sprayed them all with gloss black paint out of a pressure pack, they came up awsome.

not bad dr_trim, now you have to post a pic of it in the car Smile
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intrusion bars, Cats..... nup those things don't ring any bells Smile
check out the DODGY DANGEROUS bars that were in my car before they & the cat "fell" out.

bad weldind, no paint with one aluminium rivot that wasn't even half in the door, now thats safe!

http://www.sbits.com.au/cars/mr2/images/Intrusion%20bar2.JPG
On another topic i just got a rare as TBS S/C pulley anyone got any advice for the install, do you really need special tools?

same S/C RPM as the big nevo but without the waterpump over rev and keyway stress.

Forgot to say I went to wakefield yesterday with the WRX club
fun but slaughtered by the WRX's down the straights etc.
In the wet the few rear wheel drives were very dramatic compared to the wrx's.
Perhaps after the smaller S/C pulley..........

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 04:19]

1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the TBS S/C pulley a new clutch type one like the Speedchaser ?
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ya its a jap aftermarket one with a clutch, straight swap for the standard (I hope).
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man that looks dodgey and dangerous !!!

I have heard a bit about the TBS SC pulley what dia is it ?

As you say you dont get the increase in water pump speed but i dont know about less stress on the keyway.

The 175 Nevos are very light with a much lower moment of inertia. If it ends up with the same supercharger speed then the average stress on the keyway should be the same.

Also another point to note is the wrap of the belt on the SC pulley. The AE101 SC were smaller anyway, that is 120 instead of 125mm. if its much smaller than 120 the belt wrap is higher and puts mre stress on the belt and pulley.

I posted a velocity ratio sheet a few pages ago check it out otherwise let me know and i can repost it.

Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diameter is 108mm so in my calcs thats 13.89% faster than stock, damn close to the 14% of a 175mm crank pulley.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 14:50

Diameter is 108mm so in my calcs thats 13.89% faster than stock, damn close to the 14% of a 175mm crank pulley.

Yep looks like a good option for comparison :

Stock AW11 SC 125 CS 145 PULLEY RATIO IS 1.16

TBS ON AW11 SC 108 CS 145 PULLEY RATIO IS 1.34 = 15.5%

175NEVO ON AW11 SC 125 CS 175 PULLEY RATIO IS 1.4 = 20.7%

175NEVO ON AE101SC 120 CS 175 PULLEY RATIO IS 1.45 = 25%

175NEVO+TBS SC 108 CS 175 PULLEY RATIO IS 1.62 = 39.7%

In terms of overall efficiency the stoc crank pulley and TBS sc pulley would prob be the best.

going bigger than the 25% increase is not going to get you any more max power as the supercharger quickley losses efficiency.

However if you want max bottem end and mid range i would go for the biggest ratio, just dont expect good fuel economy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see your stats and raise my own Smile

SC Pulley Diameter SC Pulley Circumference Crank Pulley Diameter Crank Pulley Circumference SC % faster than Crank % Increase in SC RPM Water Pump Pulley Diameter Water Pump Pulley Circumference water pump % faster than Crank Increase in water pump RPM Reporthed Boost (approx PSI)
Stock 12.5 39.26990818 15 47.12388981 120.00% 12.00% 10.1 31.73008581 148.51% 0.00% 8
HKS 10mm OS 12.5 39.26990818 16 50.26548246 128.00% 12.80% 10.1 31.73008581 158.42% 9.90% 10
Blitz 15mm OS 12.5 39.26990818 16.5 51.83627879 132.00% 13.20% 10.1 31.73008581 163.37% 14.85% 11.5
Cusco 25mm OS 12.5 39.26990818 17.5 54.97787145 140.00% 14.00% 10.1 31.73008581 173.27% 24.75% 13
SC 108mm US 10.8 33.92920066 15 47.12388981 138.89% 13.89% 10.1 31.73008581 148.51% 0.00% <13

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 05:28]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 15:26

I see your stats and raise my own Smile

SC Pulley Diameter SC Pulley Circumference Crank Pulley Diameter Crank Pulley Circumference SC % faster than Crank % Increase in SC RPM Water Pump Pulley Diameter Water Pump Pulley Circumference water pump % faster than Crank Increase in water pump RPM Reporthed Boost (approx PSI)
Stock 12.5 39.26990818 15 47.12388981 120.00% 12.00% 10.1 31.73008581 148.51% 0.00% 8
HKS 10mm OS 12.5 39.26990818 16 50.26548246 128.00% 12.80% 10.1 31.73008581 158.42% 9.90% 10
Blitz 15mm OS 12.5 39.26990818 16.5 51.83627879 132.00% 13.20% 10.1 31.73008581 163.37% 14.85% 11.5
Cusco 25mm OS 12.5 39.26990818 17.5 54.97787145 140.00% 14.00% 10.1 31.73008581 173.27% 24.75% 13
SC 108mm US 10.8 33.92920066 15 47.12388981 138.89% 13.89% 10.1 31.73008581 148.51% 0.00% <13

Sweet !!

I love it !!

Have you been watching "MYTHBUSTERS" ???

PS i appreciate the nine decimal places Laughing Laughing

By the way i have a HKS pulley kit laying around if you are interested i think that and the TBS would be a killer set up Evil or Very Mad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 22:01

old_mr2 if you want to paint it i have some semi suitable black enamel paint here you can spray it with.. keeping in mind my spray gun in a hint average. but it should so that job...

Thanks for the offer mate,Ive got a can of black at my house ill try that first and see how that goes. If it looks crap ill contact you. Cheers Guys!

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 08:26]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 22:52

i made an 8" sub box to fit behind my seat comfortably in the mr2.

have a look Smile

http://www.adam.com.au/snerf/stuff/sub.JPG

sub box looks very nice be interesting how much you have to have the seat forward to fit it....

ive only got a 4" its not big enough obviously but provides enough bass i think a 6" sub will be enough for me im trying to comprmise weight with size
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got 6.5" JL subs for our cars.. ive finally made boxes but still ahvent installed the subs into said boxes Embarassed im keen to hear them though
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys I have found the diagrams on how change the ABV vac line so that it can allow more boost, I am gonna give it a go, does it work usually? I really don't wanna take the ABV roght off
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have a larger than stock crank pulley, then yes it allows you to run more boost (to whatever sized crank pulley you have) than the stock ~8psi the ecu operates the ABV at.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah as it came up when I got the car, i have a 165mm crank pulley, currently (according to my boost guage) it has about 7.5psi, so I am hoping for around 9-10psi
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 14:50

i ran a s/c with a fixed 90mm s/c pulley and a 160mm crank pulley. was heaps aggressive and much quicker responce than my mates nevo'd 2. Evil or Very Mad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 01:00

well yeah as it came up when I got the car, i have a 165mm crank pulley, currently (according to my boost guage) it has about 7.5psi, so I am hoping for around 9-10psi

with a 160mm crank pulley and stock 125mm s/c pulley i got ~9psi and a max of 10psi. 165mm is 'spose' to be good for ~12psi.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I am just being a pansy and pussy footing it abit, I got it into my head somhow if i upped the boost i would blow the engine Confused probably came from the dude i payed to do a compression check and gave me some bad critical results (2 cylinders about 140psi, the others about 120psi).... a few weeks later I did the check myslef that way it says in the BGB with the same guage (exact same guage) and got awsome healthy (all between 140-146psi) results....

guess I am just a bit unsure Neutral

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 15:14]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 July 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with my 175mm nevo i get around 10.5psi below about 4500rpm then it squeezes up to about 12psi above that. the abv mod did hardly anything for me before i did it i was already getting 10psi... ?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 July 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just block the sucker off as instructed a few pages back Very Happy Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 July 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, well ok then, its done, you notice the differance. Very Happy

she now squeezes 9.5 - 10psi max, dunno the guage is a little out. she does hit it a little stronger now though I have noticed
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 July 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have any of you guys bought extractors for your car? How much did you pay and where did you get them from? Mine keep cracking and I can't keep rewelding them forever...

PS I do have a flex pipe and there is enough movement in the exhaust system. I don't really understand why they are cracking other than they are shithouse extractors Rolling Eyes
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 July 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I Gotz the Cusco POWERBALL with extra rice

http://www.sbits.com.au/cars/mr2/images/7150217_full.jpg
BTW not my motor i wish i had a MAP
got it from JAP via NZ online auctions, damn close to the firewall had to cut away some fury shite
Pages (84): [ «  <  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:15:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016791105270386 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.