Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 07:03 Go to next message
Well I'm bored with the 7M. Time for some 2J action. The plan is to get rid of this:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Engine13.jpg

And to put in this:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/wst036.JPG

No ridiculous plans for the motor - I'm just pulling off the easy parts & replacing gaskets. Auto has been disconnected, the throttle body is off and being cleaned, as are all of the turbo inlet pipes & cam covers. Next come the injectors for an ulta-sonic cleaning.

Here's the new engine mounts, rust-proofed & ready to go:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/mounts001.jpg

Engine from the front with the cam covers off. Timing belt, serpentine belt, tensioner pully & harmonic balancer on the "to-do" list.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/engine003.jpg

Engine from the back, Mechanic Puppeh (MP henceforth) presiding. Rear main seal on the to-do list. I'll be getting help from a pro to do that one - apparently it's an easy one to make an arse of.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/engine004.jpg

And the new coolers ready to go:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/coolers001.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 07:05]

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this so the next time you see the evo you can actually beat it. Razz
Hmmm nice plan would like to see how it goes when its finished.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good,

What pro are you leaving the rear main to they aren't that hard, just a bit of lube and a bit of gentle persuasion and they go in (don't take that any other ways)

As I let me know when work in gunna progress

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it's not so much a measure of the difficulty of changing the rear main seal - it's more a measure of my own ineptitude Very Happy
I'm just a little concerned about scoring the surrounds getting the old one out, and making sure I get the new one in properly without disloding the inner metal ring part.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome project Very Happy nice stealth intercooler too..

keep up the progress Wink
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For a girl who claims she drives like miss daisy i see no reason as to why the hell you need to upgrade to massif brakes and the uber 2JAYZEENOSHIT!

Dear Miss Daisy,

I challenge you to take this car to the drags and circuit days.

Yours truly,

Baron Von Dong.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Baron V. Dong,
Your car is the old and busted joint. Teh 7M is teh poo'ness and my new new-hotness will pwn you. Your granny shifting and non-double-clutching ghetto pimp-mobile is destined for a life of breaking.

Love and kisses,
Missy D.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So so so so much love here, its making me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Joorsh (aka Missy D, Miss Daisy) damn you and damn your 2JZ...we wants one and we hates you for it Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 20:47]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah baby - go for the big swap. Should be really good. If you can get it to go even close to Norbs and handle as well, you'll be rapped.

Keep us well posted.

Gearbox plans - W58/R154 ?
Diff ratio ?
Wheels/tyres/brakes ?

Cheers

Michael B
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Thu, 14 July 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Dong and I are frequent sharers of the love - course it's mostly tough lovin'.

As for other bits & bobs:

Couldn't be happier with the brakes. I see no need to change them from what they are at the moment (300mm 4 pot)... unless I start making some very serious horsies.

Gearbox I'm going for the later/tougher W58. I go easy on my cars so I'm confident it will last. Not planning on a ridiculous clutch or flywheel, so that should help matters too.

Diff ratio is fairly short at the moment (2nd tops at 80'ish), but I'm starting to get a bit of a whine back there. Could be the new spacesaver spare & sound-deadening I removed though. Either way, I'm very keen for a diff upgrade. Ideally the trutrac group buy (pokes Clint).

Wheels/tires are currently 16x7 with some VERY nice G-force rubber. I must say, I've been hugely impressed with these. Performance is unbelievable - I can't break traction in second anymore. I even find it difficult to do in the wet, and I'm not putting out a small amount of power or torque. Very little road noise, and so far no major signs of wearing (6 months old - and I do 500 - 1,000 kms per WEEK). In a perfect world, I'd like to go up to 8 or 9 inch wide wheels, and buy the same tires if they're available. Budget is a little tight with the engine swap though, so that'll have to wait till I have a lazy 3 grand Shocked .
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 15 July 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiya,

Didn't realise that the brakes had been done.

Sounds really good overall. Norbs kills gearboxes, but I think that may be partly due to his driving style Wink .

Once I get the rear camber mod happening, I'll swap over the 3.58 diff ratio that I have and install the tru-track and see how that goes.

Cheers

Michael B
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 15 July 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, Josh is one of my many happy Brake Bits customers.
Another one who has just about kissed the windscreen on may occasions.

Quick Q bro, are they Bonnyville mounts?

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 01:10]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 15 July 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Major props to CrUZsida. Awesome brake package buddy. And yup - Bonnyville mounts. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Bachy - keep me posted on the tru-trac. Very interested!

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 02:04]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 15 July 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was just a curious thing.

The only pic I've ever seem of them is the one with the drivers side mounted in Glens car.

Bit rich they come unprepped.
My UZ mounts all come cad-plated.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 15 July 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well there was a shiteload of corrosion on most of the exposed areas of the engine bay. This is apparently due to quarentine. They spray some crap all over them to disinfect them, and it makes a mess of just about everything. I looked up close, and I could see where droplets had actually dissolved minute sections of the timing & spark cover. So I set about sanding back all the messed up areas and re-painting them.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/paint001.jpg

Bling.

It might end up looking like total crap once it's all together, so I have gloss black on-hand just in case. Even if it doesn't look great, it's still a damn site better than poc-marked, corroded & faded bits. The heat-shield is done in an uber-high temp matt black coating (1500 Deg from memory). The other bits are just done in 550 Deg C engine enamel.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 15 July 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 08:25

Should be really good. If you can get it to go even close to Norbs and handle as well, you'll be rapped.

Cheers

Michael B

You heard it first here.

Baron Von Dong predicts this car will never see above 4000rpm in ANY gear as miss daisy is a big girls blouse.

AS such it would be better for her to keep teh p00 motor and not rev it.

B.V.D
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 15 July 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reliability baby.
Something teh 7M lacks. Teh poo motor is all well and good - as long as you don't mind the inevitable grenading. B.V.Dong thinks he's got his 7M sorted, but we shall see. It's gunna end up causing him pain Razz

See illustrated example:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/pwned.JPG
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sat, 16 July 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is seriously the WORST PIC EVAH.

eww

side note.... joorsh is a girl. Rumours have it that simple crank pulley bolts place grinding halts on engine conversions with this man....
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sat, 16 July 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 01:08

Something teh 7M lacks. Teh poo motor is all well and good - as long as you don't mind the inevitable grenading. B.V.Dong thinks he's got his 7M sorted, but we shall see. It's gunna end up causing him pain Razz

Agree with the Witz - seriously distubing picture.

However B.v.Dong and I shall lead the 7M crusade whilst all others are abandoning her.....

Hmmmmm, there may be something in that ....

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sat, 16 July 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 11:41

side note.... joorsh is a girl. Rumours have it that simple crank pulley bolts place grinding halts on engine conversions with this man....

Hey that's not fair! I smashed my socket getting it off and had to go find another!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sun, 17 July 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 14:49

joorsh wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 01:08

Agree with the Witz - seriously distubing picture.

However B.v.Dong and I shall lead the 7M crusade whilst all others are abandoning her.....

Hmmmmm, there may be something in that ....

I will also uphold the crusade of the 7M and its path to enlightenment
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sun, 17 July 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 13:37

I think mike was talking about serious power 7M's Razz

It's still the p00 motor though Cool

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 04:46]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sun, 17 July 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 14:46

im very serious about my power Razz Laughing
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sun, 17 July 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little more progress made today/yesterday. Mostly backwards.
More pieces have been pulled off the engine for replacement/cleaning. Turbo's had to come off to change dump pipe(s). Busted aircon compressor was replaced. Pulleys were cleaned up for new timing belt. Still waiting on cam gears. Harmonic balancer is off to be reco'd on monday, along with timing belt tensioner & dampener.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/engine005.jpg

Rear main seal is exposed. Waiting on new seal from toyota before taking out the old one.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/engine007.jpg

Turbo' separated from dump. still waiting on new dump.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/engine006.jpg

Parts came back from being ceramic coated. Talk about bling.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/bling001.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/My_Cars/Supra/AMO/Project/bling002.jpg
If you look closely you can still see the poc-marks & corrosion on the black plastic spark cover, but it's a damn site better looking now than it was.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 08:21]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sun, 17 July 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean you didnt smooth out the plastic first?? i am disappointed....

glad to see you actually made progress Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sun, 17 July 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 22:32

glad to see GLEN actually made progress Smile

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sun, 17 July 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes yes yes, the Dong did absolutely everything while the Stitt and I sat around drinking beer and eating chips. The dong even managed to change over the aircon compressor & sort out then new dump pipe today... without even being there.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Sun, 17 July 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 14:16

It has it's nice bits though. Can't wait to get it going again, and then strap on the other turbo. Rolling Eyes
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Mon, 18 July 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 23:16

Yes yes yes, the Dong did absolutely everything while the Stitt and I sat around drinking beer and eating chips. The dong even managed to change over the aircon compressor & sort out then new dump pipe today... without even being there.

Watch me enjoying playing only with my car in the near future.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Mon, 18 July 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you just love playing with your own gear dont you glen? Laughing
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Mon, 18 July 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe there's even a photo of him playing with the gear(s) Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Wed, 20 July 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks V. Nice, wish I had one of those in my car!
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Wed, 20 July 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It ain't much to look at now! I'm down to a long motor. The inlet manifold is off, so it's nothing but a head & a block. I can't even put my cool cam covers on because I don't have the new cam gears yet. Sad
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 22 July 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 23:16

Yes yes yes, the Stitt did absolutely everything while the B.V. Dong and I sat around drinking beer and eating chips.

Josh I'm working nights the next few days, so will be back and around monday tues I would say.

Its good to see its coming along.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 00:29]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 22 July 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might drop by tomorrow if i have the time and get lots done on the 20v conversion tonight, or vice versa....

Oh yeah - when is your expected required wiring date?? Need to start booking you in Razz
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 22 July 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At this stage, I'm waiting for new cam gears & drive belt tensioner dampener to arrive, and also waiting for my injectors to get back from an ultra-sonic cleaning. Meantime I'm just cleaning everything I can get my hands on and sending more stuff off to be ceramic coated. In other words, there's not really much to be done until my parts get back. I should be picking up a big chunk of freshly-coated parts this weekend, so monday there will probably be some lovin' in teh garage.

As for the wiring thingymo, estimates at this stage put as down for a wiring job 1 1/2 weeks or so from now. The last 2 major hurdles are the gearbox and clutch - after that we'll be good to drop the sucker in.

I know how long it will take me to do my shit - the unknown factors at this stage are other people. The cam gears for example, are due to arrive on the 30th July. However, I know better than to believe shipping estimates from Japan.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Joorsh's 2J MA61 project Fri, 22 July 2005 09:10 Go to previous message
well... if all goes well this weekend....... i should be finished with finneys car by next weekend (i want that weekend for ME), then there is go karts, then there is Draza's ST162 microleb, and then i can do yours....

i figure by the time im ready, you will almost be ready
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:my 91 twin turbo toyota soarer
Next Topic:my 1986 Corolla Seca CS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:35:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065491199493408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.