Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
EMS Lambda sensor Mon, 07 March 2005 09:15 Go to next message
Hey is there any factory o2 (lambda) sensor that is compatible with an ems dualsport that is easy to find at a wrecker.

according to their website www.enginemangement.com.au the sensor is like $400 Surprised

I know that it's an open loop system.

Apparently the lambda sensor is 4 wire (my factory one is 3 wire) I think 4 is wide band and 3 is narrow.

Does anyone know of a car i could find at a wrecker that the sensor would be compatible??
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: EMS Lambda sensor Mon, 07 March 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sensor do they suggest?

4 wire is heated narrow band
3 wire is heated narrow band
2 wire is non-heated narrow band
1 wire is non-heated narrow band

Bosch LSM11 is a calibrated NARROW BAND, that is often called a wideband but it isn't really.

Bosch LSU4 and NTK L1H1 are widebands....

that pic on their site looks just like the bosch 4 wire heated sensors i got from the US for $60.

Cya, Stewart
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Mon, 07 March 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find out how accurate it is running o2 sensor with just the dual sport

i dont know of many ecus that are acurate enough to tune them

i basicvally think air fuel meters are a wank unless its a descent autronic or motec which is about 2000

or u can get good ones from usa for about 700

but i would not use it for tuning purposes if its just for the dual sport

and 400 bucks is for the cheap o2 sensor

theres some for 150 too but the good ones are 1200

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 11:05]

Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Mon, 07 March 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knowing how limited the EMS units actually are compared to that of a Motec or Autronic i would not trust it to actually do the job of tunning through the o2 sensor, just put it on the dyno and tune it that way. The $400 you would spend on the sensor would easily pay for the dyno tunning anyways.
twinturbo86
Regular

June 2003
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Tue, 08 March 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u also have to upgrade the hardware on the dualsport to run the wide band. look on the back of the unit if there is a lambda symbol near the serial number the upgrade has been done the bosch sensor recommended is the same one dyno dynamics/autronic use and is about $375 but in my opinion is not as accurate when running off the dualsport QI4 unit.
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Fri, 15 July 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thought i'd dig this thread back up as i have a few questions myself,

I just bought a second hand Dual sport which apparently has lambda readout.

i found this in the manual

"LAMBDA 00
Lambda 00 selects Air/Fuel ratio to be displayed on various LCD screens. This feature is designed to be used with Bosch wideband Lambda sensor. When no sensor is connected to the ECU 16.0 A/F will be displayed.
NOTE: The ECU will not display correct A/F readings until 4 minutes after power on, when the Sensor has reached
proper operating temp.
The ECU will perform temperature compensation calculations if the Lambda sensor temperature is overridden by the exhaust
temperature. The sensor should be fitted just after the collector of the exhaust system when normally aspirated or
Supercharged. If turbo charged the sensor should be fitted approx. 1 metre down stream of the turbo."

so this likely means it is the Bosch LSU4 they use yes?

also how is the dual sport limited compared to other ecu's?

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 00:08]

Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Fri, 15 July 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep but the sensor's expensive!

I suppose the ecu is only as good as the tuner!

for around a hundred dollars you can get it upgraded to the latest dualsport program. (not sure what the difference is)
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Fri, 15 July 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMS state that you use a bosch wide band sensor, hence the price and im fairly certian that you will only find narror band sensors in production cars. (not 100% sure there might be an exception)
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: EMS Lambda sensor Fri, 15 July 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a few that use wideband, but only a few.

Sideshow: what do you think of the Bosch LSU4? I'm thinking of getting this kit in the not too distant future, and that's what it comes with.
http://www.widebandcommander.com/productinfo.htm
It can be found on eBay for about $430USD.

kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Fri, 15 July 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any of you out there have much experience with the dual sport?

The admin on the EMS forum is basically useless. Answers most questions like so. "the manual is in the download section"

Which is great, when the answers to the questions asked can not be found in the manual in the download section Razz

I wouldn't mind adding any of you out there that have played around with the DS to my MSN list so i can pick your brain when i have queries.

Cheers,
Ashlin.
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Fri, 15 July 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look at this link. http://wbo2.com/
Aussie company.
I have the 2AO kit, WB sensor and seperate LED AFR display, was around $400 You can buy the various Bosch Wideband heated sensors through this mob at a lot less then you would expect to pay elsewhere. My WB sensor was less than $100.

AUD$300 gets you the new compact 2EO DIY AFR meter kit with sensor. About $150 more for a pre-constructed unit(they are a very complex kit to build). Best value in town IMO.

I don't even think the EMS uses a fully wideband system O2 system. It's a the old LSM-11 sensor which realy aren't true WB. The new WB sensor are so much more cheaper and much more accurate.

Good luck.
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EMS Lambda sensor Sat, 16 July 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MacroP: Where did you get your prices from? The prices on the website seem a fair bit higher...
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EMS Lambda sensor Sat, 16 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must say, I'm kind of curious as to whether, say, the Wolf, EMS, WB02, etc. kits really do work particularly well. I've already got a Motec PLM, so if anyone who lives remotely close to me buys/has one of these other units and would be interested to compare accuracy, let me know.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: EMS Lambda sensor Sat, 16 July 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you really want to know, send an email to Bruce and Al (the MS guys) to develop their PWC (precision wideband controller), i think they went and bought many different models to work out the speed and precision with which they actualy controlled the sensor, and how accurately that reflected the actual gas content (using specific pre-mixed gas cylinders)...

Cya, Stewart
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: EMS Lambda sensor Sun, 17 July 2005 12:19 Go to previous message
demuire wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 15:18

MacroP: Where did you get your prices from? The prices on the website seem a fair bit higher...

Check out the order page. The 2E0 has the integrated AFR display. The 2E0 DIY kit without a sensor is around $200-$230 and a suitable 7057 sensor is $90. The prebuilt units are around $500 with a 7057 sensor.
I have the 7057 sensor connected to 2A0 version which I built.
My display is a seperate device.
I will say though to all, again, that these kits are very hard to build. They are small and very complex. If you're not right into electronics buy the pre-built unit.

Good luck
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:times for celicas
Next Topic:ST165 rear diff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:13:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051281452178955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.