Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Hypothetically speaking (NA JZ Engines)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Hypothetically speaking (NA JZ Engines) Fri, 15 July 2005 03:48 Go to next message
Just pondering away.

If you were to build a 2.5l NA beast (racing class rules say), would you use a 2JZ block to get a better rod ratio (similar to how civic type-R's use the same block as the B18C).
What are your thoughts on Alloy Rods??
Pistons? GT I recall you having a play with the FSE pistons, but the didn't acommodate the valves!?!?!
Are they up to taking 9-10k RPM, ringlands etc...?
What CR would have they given? And would shortening the rod have solved the issue??
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Hypothetically speaking (NA JZ Engines) Fri, 15 July 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2jz's are stroked 1jz's with a bigger block.

If you put 1jz crank and pistons/rod in a 2jz block it would be about 3:1 compression ratio.

At least thats what I understand you are thinking?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hypothetically speaking (NA JZ Engines) Fri, 15 July 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think he's talking about 1JZ crank and pistons with longer (ie custom) rods to fit in the 2JZ block. Longer rods have many benefits in a high-revving engine.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Hypothetically speaking (NA JZ Engines) Fri, 15 July 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, I'm with theee.

Except the whole increase in rotating mass thing.
Hence the ali rods I suspect.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hypothetically speaking (NA JZ Engines) Fri, 15 July 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and use a 7m crank Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 06:32]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hypothetically speaking (NA JZ Engines) Fri, 15 July 2005 07:01 Go to previous message
There is a 20+ mm difference in deck height so you'll need rods that are that much longer. Lots of extra weight there so you may not see the benefits you were hoping for.

With regard to Al rods, these are really a short term proposition only. They work fatigue very rapidly and are very likely to fail if not replaced. The drag racing boys use them but I believe they are replaced very regularly (I understand after every full power run?? - anyone confirm?).

Leaves you with a $4-6G bill for Ti rods - not pretty.

I was looking at 2JZGE VVTi pistons. Decided to go custom, but now plans are up in the air. Never really confirmed whether there was quite enough clearance for my 11mm lift cams, but I suspect there is enough for the stock 8.3mm lift cams.

I have some decent holidays early next year - I will be tinkering a fair bit and finally building the stupid thing then. Probably doing some other stuff though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:mystery turbo???
Next Topic:Quad throttles on a 3s?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:58:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055410861968994 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.