Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TauhuTauhu
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Automotive Engineering Wed, 13 July 2005 12:30 Go to next message
Hi,

i'm now reaching the end of my Diploma Program for Mechanical Engineering, and i'm planning to take Automotive Engineering for my degree.

So, how's the job market for Automotive Engineers in Australia?

Should i continue doing Mechanical enginnering for my 3rd & 4th years or swap to Automotive engineering?

i cheked with the universities in aus and i found out the Formula SAE. that makes me feel that the school life will be very fun...rite?

just abit worrid abt the future whn i have to work.

Please Advice..thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Automotive Engineering Wed, 13 July 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there,
Its not nessesary to do these new automotive specific courses to get into the industry but if thats where you want to be then it may give you an edge in the job market. Really though an employer will look at your relevant experience over the type of degree that you have.

I would prefer to keep my basic qualification a slightly more general, there may just be some exciting industry that you want to get into in the future that you haven't yet heard of!

IMHO the job market for engineers is only going to expand in the future; as companies become more technology focused rather than personnel focused they will require skilled people to set it all up and keep it all going. Everything is becoming more and more automated.

Formula SAE can make school life both fun and painful Wink
be prepared for a lot of work. And if you want to do it select a Uni with a good trak record checkout http://fsae.com/eve

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Automotive Engineering Fri, 15 July 2005 10:13 Go to previous message
TauhuTauhu wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 22:30

i cheked with the universities in aus and i found out the Formula SAE. that makes me feel that the school life will be very fun...rite?

All I've heard about SAE is that it's a year-long ego clash, with bitching, infighting, power struggles and arguements using up much of the time and energy. It also has a habit of taking massive chunks of time from you on a fairly regular basis . . . .

Just buy youself a GoKart dude! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Classic Toyota Pics from the Inverell Transport Museum
Next Topic:3 points for dvd screen if in driver's view
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:21:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004148006439209 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.