Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » do u allow test drive?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
do u allow test drive? Tue, 12 July 2005 16:12 Go to next message
this is mainly concerned with the 86 owners or ex-owners,

when u wanna sell your car...do u let other people test drive the 86 or they just sit on the passanger's seat?

how do u tell if they are genuine and not tyre kickers...

i always have this thought that when u let someone test drive your car (especially a rare car) and they trash it or damage it... i don't think u could force them to pay...or even if u report them to the police...they wouldnt really bother unless its a big damage..

Send a private message to this user    
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 12 July 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slightly off topic, but if mine goes in for any work or where it needs a test drive I let them know up front I WILL BE in the seat beside them.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 12 July 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abit off the topic as well, but is it possible to have like some sort of legal contract written up and signed by witnesses stating "you break it you bought it" policy? or you damage it you pay for it? but being 2nd hand, i understand it could have the problem that it might be stuffed in the 1st place and the test driver might have to pay for it, or is there some way around that?
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 12 July 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You make them sign a note stating that if any damage is done to the car they must buy the car off you for the price you were asking, no ifs or buts, and that they are responsible for any damage done to any other property.
If they damage someone elses car, then that is more complex. While they (the test pilot) are responsible, the other people have every right to claim against your insurance policy. in which case, the above letter should also state that the test pilot will also pay the excess.
If laws are broken, then the same procedure applies as if it were your mate/cousin driving. You just tell the cops who was driving, and the points/fine will go to them. (thats why it is important to have dates and times down on the letter).

And its always good to ride along with them.

When i buy a car, i respect the sellers right to just take me for a drive along, with me in the passenger seat, but i will NEVER, EVER buy a car i havn't driven

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 22:46]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 12 July 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make sure ur in the passenger seat...

and tell them that they cant go all out, simply because they dont own it yet. or, ask for a $500 deposit before they drive it.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 12 July 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think test drives are dangerous...

When I took the soarer I currently own for a test drive... I fell in love with it Laughing

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! OBSESSION ALERT! rofl
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 12 July 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offense, but, with the amount of dodgy POS 86's around, I wouldn't even consider buying one without taking it for a drive first.

Just because it looks OK and feels right from the passenger seat doesn't mean it's good car.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 12 July 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had someone test drive the MX6 last night, had his wife and daughter with him so I just hopped in the back seat.
If it's some joyrider kid with their hat on backwards then I won't let them drive though.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as a buyer i would ask the owner to come with me on a test drive so i can ask questions en-route and so they can be assured that i'm not flogging the car.

When i've sold a car that i'm not so concerned about i've let them go off unaccompanied, but i've held onto the keys for the buyers car.

When i've looked at cheap cars to buy and have test driven unaccompanied, i've always left my bag/wallet/phone with the owner as a sign of trust (and indicating that i'll have to come back for my stuff).

cheers,
Charles.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this made me remeber a funny experience i once had.
my friend was looking at a ma61, the owner hadnt driven it in months, had no licence.
so anyway he said he would take us for a test drive, he got about 200m down the road, and gave it heaps, slammed it into a gutter on a roundabout.
then his fone rang and he cracked the shits saying how his a dickhead he just fucked the car in front of the cunts that wanna buy it.

other than that, ive been in another car test ride from back seat.
we let the people test drive the corona on their own.
and ive test driven a beetle without the owner too, sort of not cars that you would thrash.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not thrash a rona you gotta be kidding.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When ive sold a few of mine i get the person test driving to give me their Licence and sometimes wallet-

no ones gonna fuckup someone elses car when the person who owns the car has allllllll their details Razz
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I determine test drives by the car - cheap cars, yes without too much hassle, but I always go with them. Expensive or rarer cars, or suspect people - they only get a test drive after a deposit has been put down - this is also a good way to sort out the tyre kickers from the genuine buyers.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what happens when they take it for a test drive and they genuinely dislike it? or find something wrong?

You keep their deposit and tell them to have a nice day?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 06:44

You make them sign a note stating that if any damage is done to the car they must buy the car off you for the price you were asking, no ifs or buts, and that they are responsible for any damage done to any other property.

You're fucking dreaming if you reckon you'll do this.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 12:53

cannonball wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 06:44

You're fucking dreaming if you reckon you'll do this.

Mate, done it many times. Just holding onto someones wallet or car keys does Fcuk all. You have no legal right to take posession of their car, and having just their wallet/licence is only good for you to get the police onto them, and this doesnt necessarily help. Trust me, i've been there.
You have to keep in mind that many insurance policies do not cover test drives!!

If you dont think the car is worth what i was aking in the first place, you wouldnt be a serious buyer, therefore you wouldnt be interested in taking it for a test drive unless you were one of those pain in the arse tyre kickers.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 04:09]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone that signs a contract with those points needs to get their head checked.

The seller could easily fuck a buyer over with a contract like that. The car could be fucked beforehand, and the seller could just say 'you fucked it therefore you must buy it' to the buyer, and unless the buyer could prove it was fucked beforehand he would have to buy the car.

I'm not saying you personally would do this, but if I went to look at a car and some one gave me a contract like that to sign I would just laugh my ass off, say good luck, and walk off.

(Unless you are PURELY talking about obvious body damage, then that may be ok.)

And my insurance policy covers ANYBODY who I give permission to drive my car. As long as they have my consent, they are covered.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, this is to cover your car in an accident situation. The only way they could damage something otherwise would be if they thrashed the car, and as i always ride in the car with them, then no unauthorised thrashing would take place Very Happy .

If the car was a cheaparse POS, then yes i wouldnt bother, but on rarer, more expensive and performance cars, this is what I would do. You dont have to if you want. And the test drive would always start out with me driving, so the customer knows the car actually runs etc.

and yes, insurance company covers Anybody you give permission to drive your car, but have you actually asked them about test drives in particular????
I know just car wouldnt, and this was the last time i used them (a couple of years ago)

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 04:24]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 12:21

and yes, insurance company covers Anybody you give permission to drive your car, but have you actually asked them about test drives in particular????
I know just car wouldnt, and this was the last time i used them (a couple of years ago)

Who said anything about it being a test drive Very Happy It was just a friend taking the car to the shops to get some milk Razz

No, I didn't ask specifically about a test drive, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that Just Cars doesn't cover for this.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Just Car sucks the big one Wink
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Wed, 13 July 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was looking at buy an aw11 sc i in particular a blue one from a dodgy japanese guy named aki who refused to give my deposit back after backing out of the deal and told the police i said i would blow up his car... anyway he decided that it wasnt a good idea to let me drive it cause i looked young and reckless. He decided it was allright to let my father drive it which i think he figured was a mistake afterwards. Dont judge a book by its cover just because the driver is older dosent mean he dosent drive any slower..
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Fri, 15 July 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder what police can really do even u have a contract...
police aint gonna chase him for u when there are some dodgy ppl out there that they sometimes couldnt be bothered...

its ok if the test driver is your mate's friend or something like that.... but what security an owner has if they let the prospect to test the car...

licence..wallet...what if something happened to the car...and they just report to the police saying the owner doesnt wanna return the wallet or licence... and u aint got no prove the damage was done by the test driver..

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Fri, 15 July 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Police have nothing to do with a contract.
Its up to lawyers if anything happens.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: do u allow test drive? Fri, 15 July 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this is abit off subject but my mate to his car to the exhaust shop for a new exhaust. we thought we would go for a walk while we wait about 1 hour later we saw the fitter down moolooaba dragging his car.
we refused to pay.
so he called the cops.
we havent heard from them yet.
but aperently they will be catching up with him.
can they do anything?

cheers
Pieman
Regular

February 2005
Re: do u allow test drive? Fri, 15 July 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 19:14

i know this is abit off subject but my mate to his car to the exhaust shop for a new exhaust. we thought we would go for a walk while we wait about 1 hour later we saw the fitter down moolooaba dragging his car.
we refused to pay.
so he called the cops.
we havent heard from them yet.
but aperently they will be catching up with him.
can they do anything?

cheers

You should dob them in to Today Tonight or ACA so they get caught red handed. Laughing
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or maybe testing out the loudness of the new exhaust system
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think more than half of the replies to this thread was off topic

conclusion: selling car is ghey
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so dont sell Razz
Pieman
Regular

February 2005
icon14.gif  Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give it to me instead Wink
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pieman wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 12:39

Give it to me instead Wink

u can have ONE of the spare tyres Very Happy
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

u can have ONE of the spare tyres

can i have one
jokin
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never sold a car but if I was to sell something sporty (such as my Celica) I would definately be in the car. If the potential buyer looked genuine I would certainly let them have a brief drive under the condition that any damage incured would be their responsibility. I would make sure I took their license details before getting in the vehicle, out of security and to ensure that they are licensed.

When I was trying to find the right ST184 I drove a young guy's who didn't really care too much, just kinda threw the keys my way and said please yourself. It wasn't a very tidy car but I'm not one to give someone elses vehicle a hard time regardless, however my brother was with me and wanted to drive it as well. I let him have a 'turn' and he almost hit a gutter trying to cut a big sweeping bend. Lets just say he doesn't go anywhere near MY Celica and never will! Rolling Eyes
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 14:34

when i was looking at buy an aw11 sc i in particular a blue one from a dodgy japanese guy named aki who refused to give my deposit back after backing out of the deal and told the police i said i would blow up his car... anyway he decided that it wasnt a good idea to let me drive it cause i looked young and reckless. He decided it was allright to let my father drive it which i think he figured was a mistake afterwards. Dont judge a book by its cover just because the driver is older dosent mean he dosent drive any slower..

you paid a deposit, a commitment to the sale.

if you back out, you forfeit your deposit.

It's the same with anything, why would it be any different for a private car sale?

[Updated on: Sat, 16 July 2005 07:19]

MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i agree if you backed out when i was sellin a car i wouldn't give you the deposit back.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Sat, 16 July 2005 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is a very touchy subject with high performance cars, their are a lot of shifty people out there. When I bought my Soarer I went for a ride along then he was nice enough to let me take it for a burn.

I think it all comes down to the impression the potential buyer gives you, is he a a punk ass kid looking to have a free drive if your pride and joy, or an honest buyer.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Sun, 17 July 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well.. a person who looks decent or genuine might also be a crook..
havent u heard of professional crooks?

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: do u allow test drive? Sun, 17 July 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the mr2 I will NOT let anyone test drive my car, when i go to sell it i will be driving it for them they can be in the passanger side, if they dont like they wont buy it. there is no way i would let someone i dont know drive my car.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
selling/buying performance cars.. tough one..

there is no one straight answer for this question you pose satoshi.

if your car is in a good condition, then you will have no qualms with letting the buyer test drive your car - subject to you possibly telling him .. yes you can gun it on this road only on the straight and NO you cannot try to drift my car because it is illegal.

if they are genuine buyers, they will respect that. also as a seller you can say no dont do this or that. u can also have a video camera in your car as proof if they do not abide by your wishes i.e. to slow down or to stop the car when you tell them to.

on the other hand, if you arent able to give the car a bit, you wont know the true performance of the car - that i believe is up to the seller to show off (their "skills") at the buyers request.

having said that if i am paying $3-4k for a car, i expect additional costs so whether i get to drive it or not is not really much of an issue. Paying $30k for a car is a different story
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 17:19

4agte wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 14:34

It's the same with anything, why would it be any different for a private car sale?

this is true but unfortunatley its not worth the time to sew him over the $100 deposit as id have to take time off work and sew him throught the small claims court.. The police woman that called me was very nice to me as it turned out he had been a real prick to her aswell when he made that false claim against me she asked him to give the deposit back but he refused saying that i had taken up his time etc etc.. the policewoman couldnt believe what he was saying considering he was selling his own car. He then agreed to give the money back and arranged for me to meet him at his house near penrith which is a 1hr drive for me on 2 occasions and wasnt there both times. It was after the second time that i realised that it was costing me more money in petrol than i would get back so it wasnt worth it. Oh did i also mention that he agreed to get an nrma inspection (noted in the contract) and then after driving all the way to liverpool NRMA inspection centre he refused to have it inspected.

I had my heart set on the car and he screwed me arround took my money and wated my time..

I hope some1 does something terrible to him one day

edit: it wasnt me who backed out it was him

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 03:43]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH

if HE backed out then by all means you should've got your desposit back. Sorry I got it the wrong way around
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let them drive, but tell them you'll b following them in the other car behind them

that way they can "experiment" a bit, so have some freedom, but won't go too far.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nw man indeed i should have got my money back ohh well a lesson well learnt
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i was to sell a decent car that was performance orientated i'd one assess the person and then take em for a run round the block and then swap over let them drive with me in the passenger seat.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 14:54

if i was to sell a decent car that was performance orientated i'd one assess the person and then take em for a run round the block and then swap over let them drive with me in the passenger seat.

That's what happened with me with the soarer.

he showed me the car, took me for a 5- 10 min drive, then let me take it for a drive, insisted i take it for a longer drive to get a good feel of it (hey who am I to complain eh)... and then yeah...
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the subject of deposits, I had a situation again with another ST184 that I was looking at:

I went to the owners place to look at the car, I was kinda partial to it thinking "this is probably the best I'll find in Tassie". So I went for a drive with the owner, at first he drove, this should have been a clear indication to the condition of the car but at the bottom of his street he tried to do a FWD burnout onto the main road (the car was so run down it hardly made a squeak), I thought "not cool". Anyway he pulled over and said I could drive it but on the condition that I break it, I bought it. I drove it sensibly of course and by it being the first ST184 I'd driven I couldn't compare it to anything, however it still felt like a dog to drive (second gear syncro was shot to bits), bad interior, aftermarket falling-to-bits steering wheel and shoddy polish job down to the bare metal in places. Being young, naive and frustrated in my search for the right 5th Gen Celica I was still interested because he'd fed me stories such as "oh they're all like that, thats common with these cars" I belived him.

So what I did is I went home and wrote out a contract that I would give him a $400 deposit to get the car inspected, ensure he would not sell it to someone else in the meantime and under the condition that the estimated need-to-fix list did not exceed $2400 I would purchase his car. I did this because he said he had a few people interested and I didn't want to pay for the inspection to be done and still have the car taken from under my nose (makes sense right?). Anyway I got it done at a respectable workshop whom I have dealings with through work and the owner is like "cool I know the owner there too". My specific instructions to the workshop was that I am paying for the inspection so I am the sole recipient of the report. Of course they said this is standard practise and obliged diligently... Needless to say this guy harassed the workshop throughout the inspection for some updates and they continually refused. The inspection showed that the car was virtually impossible to determine any sort of compression or power it was so shagged so I explained this to the owner and said that I wanted my deposit back, he returned it because he knew I had the signed contract but he was pretty pissed off.

He didn't even collect the car for the next 3 days from the workshop and they called me to ask if I knew anything about it... In the end they had to drive it over the road to a public carpark and leave it there for him to collect so they could make room in their garage!

He was a knob and I don't regret doing what I did at all! Saved my own backside from a shoddy lemon and a dodgy dealer.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 07:09]

WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR. 2 wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 09:56

for the mr2 I will NOT let anyone test drive my car, when i go to sell it i will be driving it for them they can be in the passanger side, if they dont like they wont buy it. there is no way i would let someone i dont know drive my car.

how can they tell if they are getting a feel for the car if you are driving?
if i was selling a car i would go in the car with them, let them have a drive on the condition they break they buy, that way they can drive it and see if there is any steering, engine, handling problems. how can they tell if it has problems by sitting in the passenger seat?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR. 2 wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 09:56

i wouldnt buy a car that i couldnt drive first
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car has very close to 300rwkw (not trying to bragg just pointing out factors to my descion), soon that if not more, there is no way i will let someone i dont know behind the wheel (if you were to nail it in 2nd around the sligtest corner the car will slide out). Chances are the person that wil be purchsing the car will be young. obviously a hoon. there is no way i am going to let an unexperanced driver behind the wheel of car that has a fair amount of HP. My other argument is the fact its not a rear wheel drive nor ff its MR its completly different the characteristics are completly different. I will let them take the wheel on the condition i sit next to them and they do not push the car. that would be my only compromise. Im sorry but i am not prepared to let someone behind the wheel at the risk of them screwing up my pride and joy. The only other thing that i would consider is a legal contract that stats they brake it they brought it, which was said before.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 23:28]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Mon, 18 July 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that seems fair enough.

and having been behind this car on an old pac cruise, it can be seen that it gets up and goes alright that's for sure Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 19 July 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wont let anyone at all test drive my car unless I see firmly planted in thier hand the amount in cash I am asking, this is due to the fact that i let an ex-good mate of mine test drive my VK commodore, it had a locked diff and he took it for a spin around the block as he was keen on buying it, he did three laps around a round about sideways and ended up with the front of my car in a FUCKING stobie pole...

but thats not the best bit...

I got stuck with the crash tow fee ($250)
my car was destroyed ($2500 worth i got $120 from the wreckers)

and that seemed like the end of it

untill about 2 months ago I got a letter from Allianz Insurance telling me I have to pay a $300 excess due to the payout this fucker received becuase my car was unroadworthy (due to the locked diff which he knew about as he had been in my car hundreds of times)

I also found out that he received a $6000 payout for seatbelt burn and "alledged" back injuries

thats why no one ever test drives my car...

and i also plan to break his kneecaps
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 19 July 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some "mate" this guy was Mad Mad Mad

fuck sake, no wonder you dont trust people with your car...

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 19 July 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 14:56

some "mate" this guy was Mad Mad Mad

fuck sake, no wonder you dont trust people with your car...

at least when I smash it I know I was having fun behind the wheel not some other fucken toolbag that couldnt handle a 100rwkw commodore...

fucken dickhead

man im so angry after writing all that shit up there...

im going for a fucken smoke...
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: do u allow test drive? Tue, 19 July 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought an 86 pulsar for 300 bucks and they dude said do you want a test drive just gave me and my dad the keys and we drove off, he didnt even ask our last name just handed us the keys.
was a good bloke but. had many fun times in that car

bad luck about the commodore no ones ever willing to take responsabilty for the shit the cause anymore soon as something small happens (say i stubbed my toe one some concrete in the main street) it'd be staright down to the lawyers office to get some ridiculous cash pay out

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 07:33]

cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: do u allow test drive? Thu, 21 July 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mate of mine was trying to sell his series 5 or 6 (cant remember) rx7, a dude came around and my mate offered to take him for a drive so my mate (owner) jumped in the drivers and the prospective buyer got into the passenger side. anyway halfway through the drive my mate offered him a drive, the prospective buyer said yes, so my mate got out to swap drivers. the buyer then jumped over the center console locked both doors and was gone!
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: do u allow test drive? Thu, 21 July 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cri_ag wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 22:20

a mate of mine was trying to sell his series 5 or 6 (cant remember) rx7, a dude came around and my mate offered to take him for a drive so my mate (owner) jumped in the drivers and the prospective buyer got into the passenger side. anyway halfway through the drive my mate offered him a drive, the prospective buyer said yes, so my mate got out to swap drivers. the buyer then jumped over the center console locked both doors and was gone!

fuck that hurts.... ohhhh fuck would that hurt. being nice and leting the guy drive it, only having him to kick you in the balls and take your stash.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: do u allow test drive? Thu, 21 July 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 15:20

Just his kneecaps.
I know how you feel I lost my XU1 GTR by a supposed good mate that I foolishly let test drive.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: do u allow test drive? Fri, 22 July 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 15:20

I got stuck with the crash tow fee ($250)
my car was destroyed ($2500 worth i got $120 from the wreckers)

and that seemed like the end of it

untill about 2 months ago I got a letter from Allianz Insurance telling me I have to pay a $300 excess due to the payout this fucker received becuase my car was unroadworthy (due to the locked diff which he knew about as he had been in my car hundreds of times)

I also found out that he received a $6000 payout for seatbelt burn and "alledged" back injuries

thats why no one ever test drives my car...

i would have thought he would be responsible as he was driving the car at the time so therefore he has too ensure the car is roadworthy etc.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: do u allow test drive? Fri, 22 July 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah its who ever's name the car is in that has to look after it and determin who gets to drive it... i'm sure if you had a spare couple of grand you could take him to court over it
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: do u allow test drive? Fri, 22 July 2005 09:09 Go to previous message
xolent wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 22:35

cri_ag wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 22:20

fuck that hurts.... ohhhh fuck would that hurt. being nice and leting the guy drive it, only having him to kick you in the balls and take your stash.

just to top it off the cops caught the guy about 10 mins away from the spot where he stole it from, apparently he was having trouble finding his way out of the area. anyway they charged the dude and he was bailed the same night. the owner of the car couldent pick the car up because he couldent find his spare keys, and the keys that the guy had used to steal it were unaccounted for. so the car sat where the cops had picked him up in it.
the next day the owner had located his spare keys and went down to collect his car only to find it was gone. the guy that stole it the first time had come back to finish the job and must have stashed the keys somwhere before the cops took him in.
and so the rx7 was never to be seen again, except in the form of a large cheque from the insurance company.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sprinta dorifutooo? but its not a merc
Next Topic:My engine is nearly complete
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:34:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085129737854004 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.