Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Tue, 14 January 2003 06:01 Go to next message
Hi i am after a ae86 sprinter manual in sydney willing to spend around 3k.
thanks email me at j0hnny@optusnet.com.au
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Tue, 14 January 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=7870&start=0&rid=1334&S=66b6a9 04360a310a3a30b218a7868d5a
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Tue, 14 January 2003 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright thanks
come on people
any more sprinters for sale ??
if it has 4age i am willing to stretch my budget Very Happy
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Fri, 17 January 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmon guys any one with a sprinter for sale for around that price in sydney ?>> >
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Fri, 17 January 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you want the sprinter for??
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Fri, 17 January 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well to drive and work on the car like to mod when i have the money but just need a daily driver atm because getting p's very soon and i really like the sprinter shape i am a huge sprinter fan.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 January 2003 04:54]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Fri, 17 January 2003 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and cause it's in initial D ?
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Fri, 17 January 2003 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh and tat too Laughing
also my friends have all sprinters so its kind of influenced
but i really like the car anyways. I like the work you did to your car simon wish i had the money .
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sat, 18 January 2003 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok man, b4 you do anything else please please PLEASE!!! go to club4ag and read the post started by motoP
re: To all soon-to-be owners of AE86... in the Technical talk section.

Not trying to put you off buying one just making you aware of the one hell of a ride you are in for..... and NO, I am not even talking about driving the thing!!! Shocked

Just getting your P's is one thing that made you stand out like dog's balls..... do you have a healthy income?? I don't mean a flippin' beef patties and "would you like fries with that?" sort of income! Dude this car will chew up finances quicker than a hooker with a bad ass crack addiction. Freak

I take it you are still in HIGH school?? Man just get a car to go from A-B for your first car, get some experience under your belt first. Sure buy a Sprinter and do it up slowly as you drive a daily driver but its not a good idea as a first car, ok?

If you are still in skool like I suspect, don't put all your energies into just aquiring a certain type of car, get out there, do your homework Razz ,have PHUN,
chase some pussy hehehe

SPEEDCORE!!
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sat, 18 January 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright thanks a lot
but i am aware of the problems and issues with the sprinter, but fortunately i got a mechanic and panel beater in the family and my cousin owns a sprinter and has many parts to spare.
As for income i been saving for a while and aware of the costs per year and worked out rego pink slip alone and insurance under parents are going to be around 1000 dollars alone this being third party insurance from GE, and yet there are still repairs which may come up to the car servicing etc. For this i am lucky that i got a mechanic and panel beater in the family which i can get the stuff done for a very very cheap price, but before i buy i know what to look out for and will be bringing them when i find a car i like. Cool
thanks a lot speedcore i know what you mean, i know what i am getting into, cars always drain money luckily i been saving for years and working my butt off to have enough to keep the car running until i go to and i appreciate your help, there are probably more people out there like me that aren't so fortunate in terms of mechanics etc so do your research and save heaps of money. Very Happy
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sat, 18 January 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh ok, well helps to have panel beaters and mechanics in the family!! Another thing dude.. did you mean $1000 just for a 3rd Party for a Sprinter??? WHOA!!!

May I suggest ringing JUST CARS they will give you heaps better deal!! Or is this what insurance is like for young fellas in NSW????

By the way, JUST CARS will only insure the Sprinter for $2500 as market value, so just go the 3rd Party!! and don't crash into anyone!! Smile

Keep us posted!

SPEEDCORE!!

PS: If you are serious about getting one, just remember that the best 2nd hand cars that you buy come looking for you not you looking for them...... ie. a GREAT one will turn up sooner or later just hang in there, and keep saving!!
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sat, 18 January 2003 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedcore is right ... there is ALWAYS something to fix in a Sprinter. I've already poured $10k into the car with about another $3k to come for a Panda respray. And the stereo + suspension upgrade is yet to come!

Makes me wish Speedcore that Simon-Rx7's car was available before I got mine. Although the $10k price seems steep, I know that it is good value for all the work that's gone in.

At least my job allows me to afford & run a Sprinter plus save some more for a house but for someone leaving school, it sure doesn't come cheap.

Club 4AG is a valuable resource you just can't do without. Good luck with your search!

P.S. If the car's not modded, you can still get 3rd party insurance from the major companies. NRMA gave me 3rd party cover for just $129 a year. It's now jumped up to $291 with Just Cars having done engine & diff conversion etc etc.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 January 2003 15:32]

Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy haro if you dont mind me askin how old you are ?

When i put the new engine and suspension in im gonna need a new insurance company so you are saying just cars will do it cheap with those mods ? but im under 25
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Sun, 19 January 2003 01:20

Oh ok, well helps to have panel beaters and mechanics in the family!! Another thing dude.. did you mean $1000 just for a 3rd Party for a Sprinter??? WHOA!!!

May I suggest ringing JUST CARS they will give you heaps better deal!! Or is this what insurance is like for young fellas in NSW????

By the way, JUST CARS will only insure the Sprinter for $2500 as market value, so just go the 3rd Party!! and don't crash into anyone!! Smile

Keep us posted!

SPEEDCORE!!

PS: If you are serious about getting one, just remember that the best 2nd hand cars that you buy come looking for you not you looking for them...... ie. a GREAT one will turn up sooner or later just hang in there, and keep saving!!

oh nah lol
its 200 under parents name 3rd party insurance from GE insurance
the rest is just pink slip, renewal costs and greenslip etc.
yeh thanks a lot guys. Well i saw this 4age sprinter and i am very interested going to look tommorow.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, I'm 26 so perhaps I just scrap over the 25 year old limit HOWEVER my understanding of 3rd party cover is that everyone is considered a rating 6.

It is only when you go for comprehensive that your rating makes a significant impact on your premium. Still, there is nothing to stop an insurance company from considering your age for 3rd party property.

I am with Just Cars at the moment as they will do 3rd party. Call them on separate days as one day, I was quoted $350 whereas another $291. The good thing is that you can mod the car as much as you want & they won't complain provided you inform them.

As for that 4AGE Sprinter you're going to look at, I tell you that you will save $$$ in the long run if you buy a car that has been converted already. Saves you the hassle and you will get more value for your money. Also, the 4AC is a bit gutless however it is reliable.

Good luck with the search. Be wary as many are now 20 years old and rust is common on these cars.
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive already got a stock ae86 no rust anywhere except 2 tiny places where the paint has come off the bodywork.

so with justcars and the sprinter on 3rd party they dont care if it has a 4agze with tiwn charger on it it wont change the premium ? all i want to do is put a 4age 16 or 20 valve /exhaust/suspension and later a roll cage this is all ok by them ?
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hum..
has anyone got a quote or insurance with famous car insurance in perth ?
i heard they cover 180sx unlimited mods under 25 for 1.5k, wonder if anyone asked for the ae86 yet.
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im 20 with ge sprinter and shannons did 3rd party for me, think its like $600 under my name.
the bigs ones won't do you with mods like nrma and aami.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just one question:

Why is the sprinter a bad choice as a first car?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4433
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB ae86 sprinter in sydney Sun, 19 January 2003 21:55 Go to previous message
People don't have common sense?

"Oh my ! I never would have realised that a 15-20 year old car might need parts replaced and will have problems"

Oh but seriously, one thing Moto-P says goes along the lines of - if you want to learn to drive a car fast this may be the car for you but if you want a fast car it's probably not.

I have to say that virtually everyone I've met who has a sprinter of any kind really wants to learn to drive fast, is learning to drive fast, can drive fast or is perfecting driving fast around a racetrack.

I really doubt someone would come to a site named toymods to find an old stocko sprinter to drive mundanely every day and complain about it being unreliable when it has problems.

just my 2 cents

Grant
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE101 Levin GTZ Parts
Next Topic:LONG GONE 4sale, whats left of my RA23 parts car NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 18:31:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079121589660645 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.