Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GT4Junkie
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Safe amount of boost Sun, 17 July 2005 01:17 Go to next message
Just wondering if someone can help me out.
Got a GT4, engine wise itz relatively stock. When it was imported was informed it had a full thru exhuast, but when i got it checked out to my disappointment it only had a muffler (Fucken Liars Mad ). Still got stock cooler,turbo, etc. All its got ATM in engine bay is a HKS pod. It has a Blitz boost controller n just wondering wot the most safe amount of boost to run would be. Currently running 10psi.
Thanx alot.
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Safe amount of boost Sun, 17 July 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no more than 15 dude - jdm = ceramic turbo

its just a word of mouth safety thing to keep it under this incase they start to delaminate the ceramic coating

you wont need to run any more than 10 - 12 anyway for the time being - focus on getting your exhaust right - and definanatly look at removing and changing to a frontmount setup . They are now the first two things id be advising to look at if you want a little go .

Then , maye when you have some playcash = get your ct26 upgraded and highflowed with steel wheels , or look at something aftermarket..

( of course aftermarket ecu will ultimately help you get more go too - pop in on the gt4 dedicated thread - theres tonnes of info being gathered in there if you wanna gave a good read
GT4Junkie
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Safe amount of boost Sun, 17 July 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx man,
yea next pay check gonna be gettin an exhuast,shame tho, thought it already had one, was saving for a front mount. Gonna hve to wait a lil for that now.
As for turbo, my mates got a spare high flowed t28 sitting in his garage for his 180,but didnt end up using it.once i get some cash gonna pick that up.
meant to be a mad turbo.pricks running jst under 200kw, my aim is to thrash him. Laughing
thanx again dude
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Safe amount of boost Sun, 17 July 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
t28 will be nice to see - just remember there might be a few steps you wanna look at like head gasket strengthening , forgies etc etc before trying to crank up to those power levels ..
once again - jump on the gt4 thread , and youll find out alot more in one hit , for what you might wanna look at!
GT4Junkie
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Safe amount of boost Sun, 17 July 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the thread now, just reading up on all the info, fucken helps alot.
Only had the GT4 since april, so still learning alot. haha.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Safe amount of boost Sun, 17 July 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do GT4's have fuel cut ?
that might be somethig to look out for
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Safe amount of boost Sun, 17 July 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah fuel cut will kick in around 12psi. u will know about it when it does! Evil or Very Mad

Classique - you have PM, Smile thanks
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Safe amount of boost Sun, 17 July 2005 08:22 Go to previous message
wont need forgies to run 15psi but the headgasket will go sooner or later... i wouldnt go runnin 15psi through the top mount interheater on a hot day... and id get a 3inch exhaust before i wound it up to 15 also... noone can ever give u an answer on how much boost your engine can take for all we know its had the tits thrashed off it in japan.. depends how its been treated. but to be safe 12 - 13 is fine even with the ceramic turbo..

but then with the t28 youll need a new exhaust manifold , most likely new water and oil lines , new dump pipe or new flange atleast.. if thats the turbo you want to build the car on do it but if your just buying it until u can afford something else id stick with the ct26

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 08:24]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Massive Tyres on old celicas?
Next Topic:attention mini truck owners
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:34:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050950050354004 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.