Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might have to change that avatar alittle later, can i borrow any of the other white st162's avatar in the mean time... Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone wanna buy a full 3sgte setup including , gen 2 3sgte , 2.2 l camry gearbox , custom hardcore clutch , front mount plus stainless piping , 3inch mandrel bent exhaust , double dump , boost controller , after market fuel pressure regulator , ems engine mangment , boost guage , oil pressure guage , blitz super sequential bov , ... not 100% sure if i wanna sell it but somethings tryin to tell me celicas with fast engines arent for me Razz .. the engine etc is a1 as far as i can tell. throw some figures at me even if ur not interestd let me know what u would pay for it. remebering this is a 100% bolt into to any 162 bolt the engine in put the loom through thr fire wall conect fuel lines and cvs and u have a pretty powerful 162..

it is in a 162 atm nothing wrong with the car just a dint in the ass nothing bad few hundred bucks , super low king springs etc etc etc and let me know about a price for the wjhole thing including car , mod plates etc

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 08:05]

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There used to be heaps of red ones... maybe they all faded to pink, then white? Razz
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brad, dont let one little ding stop you.Just be more careful next time!!But, how much you looking for anyway?not for me, just asking.What 3k maybe?4k with EMS?

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would u seperate any of the parts of that 3sgte ?
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 18:04

anyone wanna buy a full 3sgte setup including , gen 2 3sgte , 2.2 l camry gearbox , custom hardcore clutch , front mount plus stainless piping , 3inch mandrel bent exhaust , double dump , boost controller , after market fuel pressure regulator , ems engine mangment , boost guage , oil pressure guage , blitz super sequential bov , ... not 100% sure if i wanna sell it but somethings tryin to tell me celicas with fast engines arent for me Razz .. the engine etc is a1 as far as i can tell. throw some figures at me even if ur not interestd let me know what u would pay for it. remebering this is a 100% bolt into to any 162 bolt the engine in put the loom through thr fire wall conect fuel lines and cvs and u have a pretty powerful 162..

it is in a 162 atm nothing wrong with the car just a dint in the ass nothing bad few hundred bucks , super low king springs etc etc etc and let me know about a price for the wjhole thing including car , mod plates etc

swap u mine for it, ill throw in a set of forgies and a spare turbo
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested in the ECU. damn i'm sick of te big "flapper" AFM!! gets in the way of my intake plans Razz
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,
Would anyone here have a front left indicator and rear left indicator. i crashed and need these parts. its for a series 2 so I'm aware its a little hard 2 find parts for.

if you can help, can PM me or call 0423 588 980. i live in Adelaide

thanks guys,
Jonathan
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u crashed mate ?? Shocked
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4k lol u know how much those parts costs let me break it down Razz

ems 2200
exhaust 1100
engine 1300
fmic 1000
fpr 100
gearbox 250
clutch 600
boost controller 100

shall i continue Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not the one lil part get to me im realisin turbo cars require alot of maintence i dont mind that but turbo cars when u start to modify them , ecu etc , they really start to need cash and atm i really dont wanna spend it on that so im gunna get a 2.7l petrol 4x4 hilux lift it do some campin n shit and see what turbo will bolt to that badboy of a engine wen i want boost back lol

so in other words i will not be selling the complete setup for 4k.... the car is is not fuct if anyone is after a 162 with a pretty powerful 3sgte in it let me know or ur m8s , the car needs probly 500 bucks in panel beating and its good as newq i quite like the dints though lol sleeper effect Razz

ive seen 162s in brisbane for sale for like 9 - 10k with the mods i have.. no i wont bew after that lol... i think id settle to sell the car and everything in it for 6500 - 7000

**run down on the car**

theres over 1000 in stereo , turbo timer , guages ,super low king springs , pedders struts , gen 2 3sgte , fmic with stainless mandrel bent & polished pipes 2inch from turbo 2.5 inch to throttle body , gen 1 3sge intake manifold (no heat soak), aftermarket fuel pressure regulator , 3inch double dump mandrel bent exhaust with canon as only muffler, ems stinger engine managment , stainless oil catch can , stainless power steering resouvour (spelling lol) , ricey red vacum lines , blitz super sequential bov (hidden in front bar) , turbosmart stage 1 boost controller(just shut helps spool boost quicker , red cam cover , custom made front engine mount all other engine mounts replaced genuine toyota except for g/box one, k&n pod - down infront of the gearbox , 2.2 camry gearbox (is holding up good), custom built clutch to take whatever u throw at it and still be driveable , new ngk leads , new dizzy cap , rotar button , spark plugs , walbro 255 fuel pump , battery relocated to boot ---- the list really does go on lol thats just the things i could think of from the top of my head...

body is in ok condition needs a lil work sweet fa rust a tiny rust bubble in the roof , and one bit in the boot, wing has been removed bogged and primerd not painted Razz sleeper haha,

goes like a rocket jesse and nezza will vouch for that

the engine has never seen past 12psi when ive owned it which is all its time in australia

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 05:24]

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a sweet project car there, just give the body a bit of TLC and she'll be a winner! Sucks how modified cars are never worth the sum of their parts tho. There's been a GT2 on carsales for about 6 months - asking $17k for it. Laughing

IMO turbo + fwd sucks, but each to their own I guess. Too fast, too expensive, too much torque steer... no fun at all. If I cant get traction, I'd hate to think what you GT2 boys have to deal with. Razz [ducks for cover]

(Not trying to shut down your sale berad, just agreeing with the anti-turbo sentiment of your post.)
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha gt2s rule Evil or Very Mad
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id hav to disagree with ur statment Razz.... yes i have traction problems when the car chirps 4th lol... but i can take off from a set of lights just as quick as a 32 , 180 , 33 etc... and torque steer aint to bad in the celica well not in mine anyway... i think the ride height and wide wheel base has alot to do with it.. lsd also adds alot of torque steer ... 17k dreaming... lol yer all mine needs to be a fuckin quick good looking 162 is a paint job with a little panel work... and some wheels... the car looks good at night time as it is lol Razz

but get a fwd out of shape aka get the ass end to kick out... and ur in the hands of fate... power steering and a fwd with its ass drifting is one fuckin scary moment

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 06:25]

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey berad mate u reckon u could post some piccys of your GT2??
Very Happy cheers mate,
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im just a sucker for screaming N/A power. Evil or Very Mad The aural pleasure at wide open throttle, smooth power delivery - love it! When does boost typically kick in on a 3SGTE? I've heard they do 0-100 in roughly 5 seconds... thats bloody quick!

I concur with the getting the ass out bit.. that's how I stacked my car the first time. Razz
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boost varies, my turbo has been highflowed and rebuilt and boost kicks in early and there is no turbo lag, mine starts boostin at 2000 RPM
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All u 162er's better be at the cruise / bbq wateva it is next sunday. DO NOT deprive me the oppotunity of checking out all ur cars. otherwise i'll be very upset and will not get over it for months and as a result i will sook on the forums like the whining bitch that i am.....

so remember, make me happy AND COME!!!
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would if i lived in sydney Crying or Very Sad but im an 8 half hour drive away
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soz man, i'm gonna be away with work that weekend! We should organise a cruise sometime... there used to be a massive celica.net community here in melb but it kinda dispersed after the site went down.

2000rpm ey... so I'll have like a 2 second headstart on a GT2? Razz How many GT2's are there around now? Jorrs, Berad, Sleeker162, Aust162, wiso... I'm sure there's more.
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if that's ur car in the avatar
then man..... very nice, wish u
could come
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not his car Razz somone buy mnine and u can take it down there lol
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much? $$$ lol not like i could afford it
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 17:28

hey guys this is jonchais dyno reading from his 3sge Very Happy

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/Dyno.jpg

enjoy

and this is a pic of my new car, (warriors old st162 ) or the beast Razz

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/KIF_0211.jpg

cheers

thats my car,but not my dyno chart thats Jon Chais,
Wink
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im very up angry
1. u guyz not coming
2. my antanne is broken

it was already broken b4 yesterday, but yesterday i went city with my friends and i parked the car next to the shops. pretty open pretty public. when i came back my antenaa was bent. i wish i saw who did it and hopefully he wouldn't be a tank, so i could bash him Very Happy and / or make him pay for it

neway who cares it was already broken, the issue now is... how do i rip it off???? its so ugly, i just wanna remove it, bog it up and clean it.

suggestions?

thanks love and peace to the world
josh
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They always plan the cruises / meets on the one weekend of the month that I'm away... ALWAYS! Maybe they dont want me there? Razz

I got a generic full-auto antenna from autobarn for $50 and made it fit.. It doesn't seal up like the original one on top of the spoiler but im sure you would come up with something.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 07:20]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck the big shit looking one get a digital one sits behind ur rear vision mirror , and bog up the hole in the wing where the original went and paint it Razz
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry brad didnt realise you had done that much to it?4k does sound like a fair bit of an insult doesnt it?Good luck with the sale, is a damn awesome price that-wish i had 7k (goes and checks lottery ticket).........
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn Andy, u cant make the cruise on the 24th? what about on the 23rd?
I will most likely be there Smile

Hey berad how much are those digital aerials worth? Never heard of a stinger ems Confused they made by another company?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ems is the brand... there up there with haltech n wolf3d..

haha nah ur right.. no insult but yer just engine and suspension has cost me close to 11k incl guages n shit but yer...

fuckin hope somsone buys it i want the next project to begin soon lol ohhh yer 2.7 litre lolux with a t04 straped to it haha Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 07:50]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/avator1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/whiteenginebay.jpg

that engine bay shot aint right its missin half the shit it was a in progress shot lol
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill go take some fotos of the damage lol... looks bad but its not as its just a basic dint in a panel so it will punch out pretty good
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dint does look bad lol but it aint lol i might see if i can call a favour from a m8 to pop it and primer it so it dont look as bad as 7k is alot for a car that his a dint like that lol.. but i couldnt care less about looks there will be ppl out there who think the same but yer... we'll see

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/Photo-0025.jpg
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car also has green pearl as u can see... im post whoring instead of editing gotta catch them aw11 cunts lol
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u smacked ur celica in the exact same spot as i smacked mine?

coincidence, i think not. these cars cant turn!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh they turn but ... i suggest to anyone with a boostd 3sgte in there to remove the power steering... fwd at high speed cornering and over steer due to the fuckin power steering is not kool.. if i hadnt have had ps i woulda missed the fucking thing

so remove it Razz
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant u just keep the power steering and control the wheel with more precision?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha u control the wheel with more precision when the wheel is being ripped out of ur hand from torquesteer and then the ass flickin out on you at like 100k's an hour and u control it precision Razz
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah keep the PS u just go down a gear dail it up in revs a bit and drop it when the arse is out...it strigthen up....it fun...but last time i forgot to do that and my damage is like the same place as bread..just a bit closer to the wheel!...and not a sign but two wood reflectors...

Nezza Cool
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be glad that's all you copped!

"after" pic of my car:
http://members.optushome.com.au/st162/images/crash /orig/2.jpg

Seems everyone who pushes these cars a little ends up smashing the rear quarters... the most farkin expensive panel on the car!

BTW: The little dent in the rear quarter is where the car went THROUGH one tree, the BIG dent is the tree that STOPPED the car.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 14:07]

jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GE_Man wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 23:06

nah keep the PS u just go down a gear dail it up in revs a bit and drop it when the arse is out...it strigthen up....it fun...but last time i forgot to do that and my damage is like the same place as bread..just a bit closer to the wheel!...and not a sign but two wood reflectors...

Nezza Cool

who's bread again????
hehe
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG.....i thought my damage was bad.....i feel sorry for you man...are you ok?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that happened last year about a month after I bought the car Confused I had 2 passengers, luckily we all walked away unscathed. The door was pushed in so far that the inside handle almost touched the steering wheel. I was very very lucky. That was at only 30-40km/h...
NUT_54C
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty bad damage dude. i prety much break down and cry when my p plate scatces a tiny bit of my paint. i'd probably die of rectal bleeding if i smashed my car like you did
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nezza yer good on ya lol.. like fuck that shit works at over 100k's an hour if i had of droped it back a gear .... wouylda been no help it would spun the wheels and kept spinning until i changed ... mmm
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeez, everyone should take it easy for a bit i think.I did the AAMI driver course on Sunday and all the shit that we do, really is dumb and clearly gonna get us hurt. I suggest, just for maybe a week to take it easy?!!!

Anyways, hi everyone
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont wanna be titeass but im
glad im not the only one who's
stacked my 162. feels like we're a
bunch of celica brothers or something,
why are these things always ending up
into poles~!?

i didnt get a skyline coz i wanted
to stay clear of the pole, celicas
are just as bad Sad

oh yeh, i also crashed the rear panel...
celica's favourite spot on the pole.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when the brake line when on my car, the right rear quter panel copped the damage, much like the pics on here Razz

Cheers
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my rear left quarter is also suffering from the pole damage, well actually big concrete pillar damage.BUt that was a stupid avoid hitting riced up civic gang car in carpark incident.

At least i didnt hit the other car!
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 17:46

my rear left quarter is also suffering from the pole damage, well actually big concrete pillar damage.BUt that was a stupid avoid hitting riced up civic gang car in carpark incident.

At least i didnt hit the other car!

this dude is selling a rear left panel on the forums if u wanna buy it. i was unlucky coz it wasn't the right side. go buy it man Smile
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont know how he is as far as i know there welded on be cheaper to pull the dint out
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
somone buy my fuckin car i want a new project lol... either buy the car and drive it its registered n shit or buy it and put all the gear in ur 162 come on someone must be after a quick 162
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like i am ur best bet lol.
i love my 162 and i want it to go
alot faster. too bad ur in brissie.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not a problem put it on a car carrier Razz.... ill take osme cash off if u wanna do that so it still is feasable Razz
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 19 July 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep it
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 19 July 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u buy me a newer car then and ill keep it
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would buy your car berad but i'm what is commonly known as poor and i think the RTA doesnt like red p platers having turbo's

but its exactly what i'm looking for i just dont have the funds and i'm already paying my ST162 off
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol... i know the feeling im tryin to get a bit more out of debt only do start all over again lol but pfft u dont get anywhere in this world without being in debt...
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what does that make BILL GATES? really really in debt?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
There's a 1st gen Celica dedicated thread now... Confused

All you guys have passenger seats that slide forward automatically when you tilt them forward yeah? Mine didn't do this when I bought it, was a revelation when I discovered it! I was deleting stuff off my webspace and I found this write-up I did ages ago on how to fix the seat. >

http://members.optushome.com.au/an-d/fixseat.htm

Just trying to keep the thread alive! Razz
Pages (63): [ «  <  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 16:11:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017503976821899 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.