Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
FS: 1973 KE20 Sat, 16 July 2005 23:27 Go to next message
1973 KE20

Well, my dreams of partly restoring a beautiful Ke20 have come to an end.
Working more than full time these days has left me with no time, let alone restore a car; to much regret. We also need more room at home.

As title says, it’s a 1973 Corolla Ke20. It was first owned by an elderly couple for 100’s of years, then they gave it to there grandson, who drove it for a few more years, then it was pretty much passed onto me, via a friend.

Its White, with no known record of any real major accidents; I mean, its still got “odd304” security coded into every glass window Razz
For its age, its panels are very strait, with the occasional small ding, and bump here and there, but as pictures will show, its pretty god dam good.

Rust Wise, its there, but if I couldnt fix it, I wouldn’t of gotten it. For those of you who don’t know me, ive got next to no experience in doing bodywork, but im usually pretty good with practical things… Read up on bodywork for neubs, and try and apply my new found knowledge. The previous owner has cut out the rusty spots, then re-welded, and undercoated in green undercoat paint – could even be house paint? – what ever the hell it is, its stop rust forming where the patches have been done anyway Razz.

So, the spots that I can find
- Corner of passenger door frame, been cut and welded up, bog it over, and you wouldn’t know it was there.
- Passenger side rear, on that window gully thing, outside of car… was rusting, but has been stoped by the green slime
-

There is No rust around the boot seal area, or quarter panels to what I can see; which kind of shocked me. !

The front right fender has some rust down the bottom, which I have created a cardboard template for Fiberglasing. Ive also striped down this fender, its currently the only external bit which has been removed from the car. Currently being stored in the shed.

The chrome bumpers are as one would call “Mint” for there age, with no real blemishes or defect marks.
Late model grill assembly up front… looks awesome Very Happy !

Inside wise, its Red upholstery which has been under seat covers for … god, who knows how long, but put it this way, 30 odd years old for a car, and it still looks like the way it does; it must have been protected well. The door trims backing on the bottoms have broken off, but the Vinal remains there, dangling down – sounds messy, but re do the door wood backing, and re-staple the Vinal back around, and you would never know it was done. The top of the rear seats have started to crack and what not, but ive got rubber mats over them atm to protect it. I had plans to do a “semi” Vinal restore to them… as in restore the top half of the seat, but keep it looking stock and un-touched, as the rest of the seat looks beautiful.

The front seats are Ke30 seats on the 20 frames, just a direct bolt over; you wouldn’t know any difference, as there has been no modifications to any part of the seats. They are black seats, with a material centre. Passenger side has a small split on one of the joins. Drivers side has a few cracks. The old ke20 seats fell inside out to what I was told.

The roof lining has 2 small hole in it; how they got like that, ive got NFI, as its so randomly placed. I was going to easy fix that up, also.

The carpet is black, and is about 2 years old? – Still in good condition.

The dash had 2 massive cracks in it, but ive taken the dash pad off, and im restoring it atm. So far, its looking great!

Dash is complete to what I know, ive also got a few plastic dash spares. Original Radio is long gone.

Motor wise, the 3k has blown a ring, and runs like a dog, but it still runs, just. I don’t think its possible to kill this old workhorse, she has more lives that that local neibourhood cat that keeps getting run over, hehehehe.

Exhaust: 1.75" exhaust from half way into 2.5" straight through turbo muffler, gives a nice deep note.
Also has a dual plane KE30 manifold (like 4-2-1 extractors)

Its got KE70 front discs and calipers with Bendix performax pads up front, with KE30 front backing plates. Looks stock, and stops the car nicely… well, with good tyres anyway! Rear has been changed to KE30 diff, housing and axels, sporting a 4.3:1 ratio center; Basically a complete conversion from 4x110 PCD to 4x114.3 PCD. You can put your Ae86 drift sprinter deep dish mags on the ol girl if you wanted ! bahahaha !
Comes with spair tires and rims… ill sort it all out some time soon.

The Cross member and transmission tunnel modified to accept KE70 gearbox (was installed but gearbox died, so back to a K40 speed atm).
Currently has a KE70 flywheel and clutch. The 3k has a KE55 carburettor btw.

I think ive covered everything, Oh – there’s the spares now.

Ive got a wardrobe of mechanical spares – much to mothers un-approval. 4k block, crank, cam, 2 heads, valves, pushrods, carbs, struts, breaks, air cleaners, crank pully’s… blar blar blar. Like mentioned above, it also comes with a few small interior spares, and some wheels + bits.
And anything else I can find which is ke20 / K related.

Car is situated in Chermside, Brisbane.
Contact me at – Teddy@ke70.com

Im asking $500 pickup, with ALL the spares and accessories. If time stays on my side for once, I may get the dash pad all completed, otherwise, it just needs to be covered in Vinal, which ill chuck in for free.

Note the Mags “ROH Reflex’s” do not come with the car. Stock 114.3 Steelies with rubber come with the car.

I could build up a stock 4k if needed for the car, at extra cost.

Car isn’t registered, and doesn’t come with a road worthy or warranty, obviously. I can provide details for a mobile mechanic & road worthy’s dude if need be. So, they call this sale an “As Is”.

Ill really miss this old girl, and would love to stay in contact to see where she goes!

Cheers

Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: FS: 1973 KE20 Sun, 17 July 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pix?

cheers scott

if u cant post em
send em to cruzen4eva@hotmail.com
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: FS: 1973 KE20 Sun, 17 July 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics:

http://www.ke70.com/Ke20
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: FS: 1973 KE20 Thu, 21 July 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
teddy mate
i can 100% guarentee this thing wood be in my drive ways if it was in adelaide.

dammit y cant it be in sa.
wel ill keep dreamin

and g/l with sale champ

cheers scott
Mi[d]dO
Regular

On Probation

October 2004
Re: FS: 1973 KE20 Fri, 22 July 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if someone wants to buy it in in qld and ship it down to me i will pay them some nice dollars Smile
makevelli
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: FS: 1973 KE20 Wed, 27 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you've still got that car mate msg me
ill take it off you're hands for that price asap
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: FS: 1973 KE20 - Sold ! Sat, 30 July 2005 23:11 Go to previous message
Hey All

PM's Sent;

Car has been sold to a very awesome home Smile - it will have another shot at life Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wtb: cheap auto car
Next Topic:Cheap Corolla sx Seca on ebay 18 hours left only 1500
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:06:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062320232391357 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.