Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Tweeker
Newcomer

July 2005
Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 08:29 Go to next message
Gday, Ive got a Corolla with a "Celica 2 Litre". Would this be a 4k Engine?

Also, I'd like to Mod it obviously. What mods am i best to do that dont cost a shitload and improve power?

Information about Twin 45mm Webbers, Twin Overhead Cam. Which ones will fit?

As you have realised, I know nothing about Toyota Engines and would like to improve power that isnt to complicated:p

Cheers..
  Send a private message to this user    
feistl
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hard to say exactly what engine it is. it should say on the side of the engine. Im guessing it will either be a 3sge or 3sfe. If its a 3sfe i wouldnt bother trying to upgrade it. I would get a halfcut engine or something better. The 3sge is a good engine and will have decent power to start with. You can turbo it but once again its probably better to get a new half cut otherwise you'll have to upgrade the internals. I dont know much about the Corolla's so there might be better engines for them.

Cheers
Tweeker
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I just went to have a look. Couldnt see any 3sge or 3sfe.
Well heres a pic of it. Ive recently just bought it. So a new engine isnt an option. Laughing

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9610/engine2lh.jpg

Any information on it woul be great. Good information that is Very Happy
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking at the pictures makes me think some kind of "K" series motor. But that would mean it's not out of a celica, and not a 2.0 litre motor.
What model corolla? Looks to be RWD, which would make sense with a K motor.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/dataBy Subject/GasolineEngines.html
Have a look there.

Anyway, maybe an exhaust system, a mild cam, some twin carbs... depends how far you want to go, and how deep your pockets are.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks kinda like a 22r to me (from RA6x celica I think). Couldn't be certain though, 'cos all the ones I've seen have been in hiluxes or coronas and they've had silver cam covers. They respond incredibly well to a free exhaust system, although from what I can see of your headers, they ain't standard anyway... What's with the sigg bottle at the right of pic? Yeah, what Dale said. K's aren't from celicas ('cos K is for korolla, yeah Rolling Eyes )

22r isn't 2L. 18r-c (RA23 to RA4x celica) is 2L though, which would presumably look pretty similar to a 22r.

edited 'cos Dale TA22 was quicker than me
edited a second time 'cos 22r are 2.4L. Duh Confused

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 10:09]

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont think 22REs are crossflow are they? there isnt a G or F in the code...

that motor is crossflow, but i dont know my 18RG, 2TG, 3TG etc so cant be sure, but i'd say it could be one of these.

the first thing i'd do is piss off that silly air intake pipe, unless there is a turbo on the other end of it.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks a bit narrow for a G series head I thought? Or at least too narrow to be dohc.

He needs to have a look at the engine serial number and it will reveal all Razz
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, 22r's are crossflow I'm pretty sure. You can be sure that there is no G on the end of the engine designation, cos there ain't two cams up there. Not that that really matters. Modding any engine is the same in principle. Make it breath better and you'll be laughing, but it's always gonna be a low revving beast whatever you do to it.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from looking at that it might be an 18rg ?
i don't know how big they are tho ?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^ you mean 18RC right?!
18RG's are twin cam 8 valve... I don't recall what an 18RC cam cover looks like exactly as they seem to hit the bin pretty quickly around here.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 10:25]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks pretty much like a 22R from a Hilux with the carb, and also like someone's made the beginnings of a blow through turbo setup. Try and take a bit better photo!
feistl
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that engines deff not from a celica. Not sure what it is
rxbenny
Regular

November 2004
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is not an 18 r -c motor as they are not cross flow
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is a 21r or 22r if it's out of a celica it will be the 21r 2LTR out of a ra60 celica , As far as mods go it already has extractors and what looks like a weber carby, so with that motor that's about all the mods you can do other than rebuilding with stronger internals and fitting a turbo and converting to EFI with a aftermarket ECU .

Trevor
Tweeker
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Sun, 17 July 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/2953/car27vo.jpg
Full picture
MRG-00F
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Mon, 18 July 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like it would be either a 20/21/22r motor as i have the 22r myself and it looks much the same.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Helpp, On modding engine Mon, 18 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRG-00F wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 11:48

It looks like it would be either a 20/21/22r motor as i have the 22r myself and it looks much the same.

correct
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Helpp, On modding engine Mon, 18 July 2005 23:42 Go to previous message
Instead of guessing, how about looking at the engine number stamped into the block? If it starts with "22R", you have a 2.4 litre Celica/Hilux engine (which is what it looks like).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze AFM problem
Next Topic:shafted...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 11:54:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058269500732422 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.