Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cor09a
Occasional Poster

May 2003
infringement notice Sun, 17 July 2005 12:07 Go to next message
i got 2 infringement notices on my hilux last week at the spit. there was big cop and transport department road block set up. anyways, i got done for too low ( four bolts under rear axle holding lowering blocks) and front bumpstops were cut down, but still had a clearance gap, all up $150. long story short, i bought the hilux about a month ago with safety certificate and therefore assummed it was all roadworthy, this really sucks. is there any thing i can do b4 i cough up for the fine???
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: infringement notice Sun, 17 July 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go hit the roadworthy place who did it to pay the fine, or ring the cop shop and ask what you can do but i dont think youll have much luck because whos to say you havnt changed anything not saying you have but thats how they will see it those 4 bolts a few m8s have got done for those few bolts , cut them down problem fixed
cor09a
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: infringement notice Sun, 17 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats what i thought, any ideas what to do about bumpstops with out having to wind suspension back up??
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: infringement notice Sun, 17 July 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put new bump stops in wind the torsion bars up i presume thats whats in it? and clear the defect and drop it again... :P/.... or buy drop spindles lowers it another 3inchs Razz
cor09a
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: infringement notice Sun, 17 July 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont have a defect notice just got fined so i dont have to show it too ne one, i just wanted to know how i could make the bumpstops legal without raising it up, at the moment there is about a 20mm gap between it, which wasnt enough for the cops poking stick
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: infringement notice Sun, 17 July 2005 12:31 Go to previous message
only 20mm of suspension movement before you hit bumpstops? that must suck.. and be dangerous Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Whats a good Sporty Orange ??
Next Topic:1JZ Soarer Burnout
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:00:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048460960388184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.