Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Do you like Aussie Rules?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 13:32 Go to next message

AFL[ 88 vote(s) ]
1.Adelaide Crows 4 / 5%
2.Brisbane Lions 3 / 3%
3.Carlton 0 / 0%
4.Essendon Bombers 3 / 3%
5.Fremantle Dockers 2 / 2%
6.Hawthorne 3 / 3%
7.Richmond Tigers 4 / 5%
8.St.Kilda 2 / 2%
9.Kangaroos 2 / 2%
10.Sydney Swans 8 / 9%
11.Geelong Cats 1 / 1%
12.Melbourne Demons 1 / 1%
13.West Coast Eagles 4 / 5%
14.Port Adelaide 2 / 2%
15.Collingwood Magpies 3 / 3%
16.Western Bulldogs 0 / 0%
17.none - footy sux the big one 46 / 52%

just wondering what team people like, and how often do you goto the games?
i'm a tigers supporter myself, i goto the mcg a few times a year.

Send a private message to this user    
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the BOMBERS !!
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, and my favorite player of all time is Fraser Gehrig. Just love watching him play lol. funny as.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watch out for the 24 person melle Rolling Eyes

worst game evah!
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Happy Sad

and the best is?
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go you crow boys
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
faulksy wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 01:27

go you crow boys

tooright
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't mind footy just don't like AFL Wink
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was in Fremantle once a couple of years ago, just wandering round looking at the sites. I walked past the Football ground there and there was a game on so I thought I'd have a look at my first Aussie Rules game ever.
I lasted about 15 minutes. I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a plastic fork. I have never been so bored in all my life. A bunch of nancy boys running around fumbling a ball. It would have to be the worst game ever devised. I hate it with a passion. I hate how Sydney news services give it so much air time. I hate it taking up valuable space on TV where they should be showing things more interesting like The Brady Bunch or Gilligan's Island re-runs. I just hate it.

Cheers, Greg.
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Sun, 17 July 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gooooo freo! Razz
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only sport i know where they have the "you failed , yet we noticed what you were trying to do , so heres a point so you dont feel like a loser" attitude
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO THE EAGLES !!!!!11111111111111111
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woohoo for jimeon jokes. oh and wheres the option no i do not watch the Australian Faggot league Wink
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

AFL blows the goats[ 34 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 23 / 68%
2.No 11 / 32%

No Message Body

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Up the Swanies!!

I never got into AFL until the late 90s. Only ever watched League, Union, and Soccor up to that point.

Must say though, it's the best out of the lot to watch live.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 11:14

Up the Swanies!!

I never got into AFL until the late 90s. Only ever watched League, Union, and Soccor up to that point.

Must say though, it's the best out of the lot to watch live.

pffft.. . .

Last game I went to was 4 or so years ago widt teh family, Essendon thumped the absolute crap outta Richmond. No joy in seeing the Tigers have their pants pulled down around their ankles, even though I used to barrack for the Bombers. Thusly, I spent most of the arvo getting pissed with my Bro - at hektik-mad MCG prices (ouch!).

fooddy iz teh suk. Cool
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brisbane Lions 2005 Season Member here!!

I love the game, live games are fantastic and there is always a great atmosphere at the Gabba. That's not to say I don't like the other codes, I like league and union as well, each code has its merits.

Fave team: Brisbane Lions (also a Geelong fan)
All time favorite player: Gary Ablett (snr)

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 01:33]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sucks the big donkey

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 01:48]

BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would way rather watch the NRL, although after moving to brisbane i have noticed the hipe around afl more and more, im might go watch a game one day
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go bombers...

James Hird is most inspirational person i've ever seen...

but i dont like the politics of AFL or how soft today's game is
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFL is fuckin boring and girly. (IMO) NRL is the way, union sometimes. haha, weird, i just noticed im wearing my easts jersey.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFL sucks teH cock. Try living in Melbourne in winter and hearing about anything other the AFL on the sports shows. Friday nights, big chunks of Saturday and Sunday are just saturated with AFL. It's worsened by Eddie McGuire's ugly mug, spastic voice and clearly Collingwood-centric bias. Someone needs to make an Eddie bashing game in the same vain as all those pingu bashing games.
Then again I enjoy watching test cricket, where the teams can play for 5 days and still not have a result at the end.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we made the mistake of holidaying in Vic during footy season, you think you could and NRL score on the tv or radio nup. I mean wtf in sydney we still cop shitloads of afl on tv and the news, but go to vic and you reckon you'll hear anything on NRL nup. Very Happy
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats because in melbourne, not many people like wathcing some big dumbass try to run thorugh a wall of 120kg men.

matt86sx wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 11:32

hahaha, you sure picked the wrong season.

GO THE CROWS!
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh but up here we don't wanna hear and watch faggety little men run around a field kicking the ball away whenever some one gets close enough to touch them. But we cop it.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dare you to say "faggety little men" to an AFL player, they're probably twice your size.

I don't mind the game, but I'll only ever watch it if the swannies are playing.
League: 5 tackles then kick, boring as bat shit really. But I'll watch it because it's part of my westie herritage.
Union: confuses the f*ck out of most lamen, but pretty good once you understand it.
Soccer: Now there's a game of skill, not that I watch much of it.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well being the size of a front row leauge player i think i'd be able to take care of myself.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, fair enough...
But how the hell does a 4cyl move your big arse around? Wink
Sprinter Adam
Regular

July 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence to footy lovers but id rather spend a weekend night watching a good JDM option Very Happy
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most you guys are knobs. you dont appreciate a true game of skill when you see it. ive been playing for about ten years, and it is the most fun i ever have, pulling on the club colours and running round tackling and kicking a footy for a coupla hours..

GO THE CATS!!1111
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

davedave wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 19:02

Soccer: Now there's a game of skill, not that I watch much of it.

Ya reckon? It's a game for pansies, pillow-biters and primadonnas. A sport that I loathe and detest. I go out of my way to not see it or hear about it.

I'm not a big AFL fan. If I follow any team it's Collingwood - damn shame it's Eddies team also.

seeyuzz
river
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surely if AFL was so good another country would have picked up on it, and the could play a 'test match' or god forbid a world cup.

AFL is as insular and narrow minded as some of the prime time american sports, yes the afl premiers are the world champs, but hello no one cares enough to contest it!
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
name another australian invented sport that has taken off around the world?

that comment there is outrageous.. Rolling Eyes

since we're going to low shots, has anyone ever watched a full game of league?...wtf is going on...only 5 phases and its passed over? a tackle which will give you 5 weeks in league only is a freekick in afl...friggen softcocks Razz
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 22:51

AFL is as insular and narrow minded as some of the prime time american sports, yes the afl premiers are the world champs, but hello no one cares enough to contest it!

wtf is wrong with you? when has the afl EVER crowned its premiers as world champs? never.

you are SREIOUSLY CONFUSED with the NBA, major league baseball, and whatever else americans think they are world champs at.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I like NRL, but it shits me big time.

I find the reffing for league is so woeful that it detrscts from the game, and yes, I think some of the penalties that can keep players from the game for weeks is stupid.

I especialliy hate it when the video ref, who has been asked by the on-field ref to make a decision, goes back to the on field ref with "refs call". What's that about? If the on field ref had to ask the video ref, what's the point in refering it back to the ref on the field who didn't know in the 1st place?

Also, there is a lot of inconsistency where in a game someone will get penalised for something and a short time later someone eles gets away with it.

In regards to the USA... have you noticed that they don't seem to like playing sports where they can get beaten? Except baseball which (you may correct me if I'm wrong) they lose to the Japs who are now pretty good at baseball also.

seeyuzz
river
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Mon, 18 July 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFL = boring, unstructured game of chance....ANYONE can just get out there and find the ball in his hands to shoot for goal Rolling Eyes I really don't see the skill involved, other than practising kicking, running fast and bouncing/passing - all of which don't take much to do on instinct.

its so funny how in NSW, hardly any of the public give two hoots about the game, where as down there its apparently a big thing Surprised

sorry to the die hard fans, i've tried to get into it, but it's one of the very few sports i just can't see as challenging
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 18:09

thats because in melbourne, not many people like wathcing some big dumbass try to run thorugh a wall of 120kg men.

matt86sx wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 11:32

hahaha, you sure picked the wrong season.

GO THE CROWS!

Haha yeah, well the membership was given to me as a Christmas present last year so I had no control over that. But you're right, 2001-2004 would have been better years to be a member!

Thankfully we have been able to string a few wins together lately (except for the Eagles last weekend, wasn't expecting to win that one) so we've had something to cheer about. We had about 5 or 6 losses at home in a row early in the season, thank goodness that has turned around!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 14:47

we made the mistake of holidaying in Vic during footy season, you think you could and NRL score on the tv or radio nup. I mean wtf in sydney we still cop shitloads of afl on tv and the news, but go to vic and you reckon you'll hear anything on NRL nup. Very Happy

WERD! I came from vic to QLD 15 years ago. back then no one knew what afl was up here. Now there are so many victorians up here and now that the lions have done well it seems just like voctiora! The afl is on the news before NRL! WTF?
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I looooooooove AFL footy but must confess (to all the adelaideans) that I'm torn between Bombers (who were the first footy team I ever liked) and the Crows (because they're South Australian) As far as I'm concerned there's only 1 South Australian team Very Happy
I bought my boy season tickets to the Crows so have gone to a few matches but I must say the atmosphere on Anzac day for Essendon vs Collingwood is awesome.
I don't think I could live in a state where AFL wasn't HUGE
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 09:13

AFL = ANYONE can just get out there and find the ball in his hands to shoot for goal Rolling Eyes I really don't see the skill involved, other than practising kicking, running fast and bouncing/passing - all of which don't take much to do on instinct.

im not one to resort to insults (well, sometimes), but that is a stupid comment. if ANYONE can do it, why dont YOU go and do it?

if its all about chance, then why, TELL ME WHY, do the SAME PLAYERS get the ball more than others every game? are they lucky? have they been lucky their whole footballing careers? or can they read the play better than the others?

and shooting for goal, is not as easy as you might think. id like to see (and then laugh at) you try to kick a goal from 50 metres away - consistently.

ae86slaver wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 09:13

I really don't see the skill involved, other than practising kicking, running fast and bouncing/passing

hahaha, tell me what rugby requires over this? apart from dodging? or any sport for that matter?

basketball - shooting, bouncing, ball handling, running.
baseball - hitting, catching, pitching
soccer - kicking, ball handling
aussie rules - kicking, running, ball handling
rugby - passing, running, tackling

notice a pattern?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

bigg willie style wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 18:25

notice a pattern?

Yes, I notice a pattern. All sports involve a word that ends in "ing". You've devolved all sports into 3 simple letters. Brilliant stuff! Smile

seeyuzz
river
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, i played for maybe 13-14 years and loved it. getting to smash other people within the confines of a game at high speed.. awesome Very Happy.. accurate kicking?.. oh wait.. i was full-back Razz

for me it's a toss up between union and AFL for watching, but AFL for playing definitely...

bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 20:51

Hi,

bigg willie style wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 18:25

notice a pattern?

Yes, I notice a pattern. All sports involve a word that ends in "ing". You've devolved all sports into 3 simple letters. Brilliant stuff! Smile

seeyuzz
river

hmmm, interesting. ill have a rebuttal for you later! (i have to sit on THIS one for a while)

**insert thinking emoticon**
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rugby union is :running,passing,tackling and kicking. lol there is alot of kicking in rugby,just depends on the game being played.the weather has alot to do with how much kicking,not much point kicking for distance with a 100km\h headwind and have the ball go dead in your own goal.
mick
rugby is the best and thats why you can go anywere in the world and play it.
mick
p.s aerial ping pong or aerial ballet is ok,but got to wonder about the shorts and people like capper.and how do you play backyard aussie rules, when you need 5000 people a side!lol
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Tue, 19 July 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 23:52

for me it's a toss up between union and AFL for watching, but AFL for playing definitely...

Nah, AFL's too tiring to play. Too much running around. Very Happy

Rugby's the best, you can hammer people. Although, being Asian, I was usually the one getting hammered... Hmm... Maybe it's not the best game to play... hehe
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Wed, 20 July 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant stand the game and after living in Melbourne for 2 years I wanted to go MIlat on the whole MCG it was that frustrating.

Couple of reasons the game shit but also has a huge following.
Reasons its shit:
There is no real magic: If you look at some of the other sports around the world the best players are true athletes that make what they're doing seem impossible,look at the kicks the soccer guys do that curve from one side to the other,they way tiger can juggle a ball with a sand wedge and then smack it 100M the way the basketball guys put together a series of passes with millimeter precision,a Joey Johns individual try,these are plays that show true brilliance and athleticism to a level that would enable them to pick up an AFL ball and probably play in the top grade.In AFL the brilliance comes from running up from behind and jumping on some blokes shoulders when he least expects it and then kicking a goal from 50 out Rolling Eyes No matter how big a fan you cant compare a top AFL player to any other athlete from any other game especially a contact sport they just don't make the grade,I truly believe its the only game a tall clumsy lanky kid can run around in and look like they are actually achieving something on the field Laughing

Now the reason its so big:

Firstly if you take away every sport and leave one the people have no choice,but even after doing this more little kids play soccer in Melb than AFL,anytime a different code is played at the MCG the papers are full of articles questioning if the afl is under threat..The Sydney vs melbourne rivalry which melbournians care more about keeps league out,little girls can play afl as kids, without really getting hurt and can actually be quite competitive so it get the female interest early,its a very basic simple game and because its easy to pick up it gathers more interest.THe one thing I will give the game credit for is its marketing,what they have done to promote the game from a business perspective is second to none,but that comes from the die hard businessmen that inject massive amounts of money into the clubs to earn status,once again this comes down to only having one code for 100 years.

Alot of people say "if its so shit then why is it so popular" to that all i say is, so are T wings and neons/wish lists down the side of the car but it doesn't mean they aren't gay,unfortunately 90% of people are just stupid sheep aswell..

In summary AFL takes it in the brown!! Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Wed, 20 July 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 10:29

The Sydney vs melbourne rivalry which melbournians care more about

I wouldn't call it a rivalry, 'coz I don't know of any Sydneysider that actually cares about the Sydney vs Melbourne thing. Except to use it to get a Melbournian worked up... Laughing
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Wed, 20 July 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im yet to find a melbournian who gives a shit about the "feud".

when i went to adelaide, i heard that adelaide and melbourne have a feud going (news to me), im like "nah dude, you dont like us, and we dont care" .
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Wed, 20 July 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soccer also has this argument.

http://www.theplace.ru/archive/carolina_ardohain/img/Carolina%20Ardohain8.jpg

that is all.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Wed, 20 July 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
name and/or link to more pics?
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Wed, 20 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carolina Ardohain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/rexless/carolina_ardohain1.jpg

Very Happy

http://carolinaardohain.celebscentral.net/photo/14 963/

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 12:14]

Vee_469
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Wed, 20 July 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You would think having the only team in your state that's worth a shit on top of the national ladder would give one at least a slight interest in the game Rolling Eyes

- Vee
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Thu, 21 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go Dockers or the Saints.

As far as playing AFL being for girly boys, think about this. At one time, the entire Yank marine Gridiron team was offered an invitational to play a collective Aust Navy AFL team and the yanks declined cos they thought it was 'too rough'. Pussy yanks I hear you cry? More than half of the yanks were in the marines cos it was either that or hard time for violent crimes.

I have played all codes (except american shit) and to be honest, I found that playing league in QLD as a teen was a fucken joke, they were all lil bitches. AFL has more potential to become seriously hurt than League cos of the time spent in the air.

Shit, even soccer is more likely to end you up with a broken leg than league. Have you ever noticed that when leaugue fans play down the beach for a kick about that they only play touch, how ghey is that?

As for Union? A game for private school boys who like pushing their nose up their mates arses. Beware the bum sniffers!
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Thu, 21 July 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bunkyT18 wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 16:45

Go Dockers or the Saints.

As far as playing AFL being for girly boys, think about this. At one time, the entire Yank marine Gridiron team was offered an invitational to play a collective Aust Navy AFL team and the yanks declined cos they thought it was 'too rough'. Pussy yanks I hear you cry? More than half of the yanks were in the marines cos it was either that or hard time for violent crimes.

I have played all codes (except american shit) and to be honest, I found that playing league in QLD as a teen was a fucken joke, they were all lil bitches. AFL has more potential to become seriously hurt than League cos of the time spent in the air.

Shit, even soccer is more likely to end you up with a broken leg than league. Have you ever noticed that when leaugue fans play down the beach for a kick about that they only play touch, how ghey is that?

As for Union? A game for private school boys who like pushing their nose up their mates arses. Beware the bum sniffers!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Have you heard ehat the yanks said about league!!

The only reason you may get hurt more in AFL is because its so scrappy! and people run in and throw dog shots!! then they get in each others faces and have a 30 person melle without a punch being thrown Laughing As for union while im not a massive fan you cant possibly say there is much tougher a game then being at the bottom of a pile of big tongan blokes trying to pry the ball from your arms with the studs on their boots!

Its bloody embarrassing trying to explain AFL when your overseas, everyone just thinks its a big joke!To which I have to agree Laughing
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Thu, 21 July 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFL RULES! You can't say theres not as much skill involved, its just in different areas. Its a great game.
Thanks
Troy
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do you like Aussie Rules? Fri, 22 July 2005 07:41 Go to previous message
Quote:

Have you heard ehat the yanks said about league!!

No doubt it was pretty much the same reaction as they have to anything not involving masses of protective gear.

Quote:

As for union while im not a massive fan you cant possibly say there is much tougher a game then being at the bottom of a pile of big tongan blokes trying to pry the ball from your arms with the studs on their boots!

Sounds pretty gay to me!

Seriously, I actually have a good deal of respect for all the codes. Whenever Australia battles the others I am there barracking for the Oz. I made the comments I made cos it gives me the shits when one eyed supporters of any football code get all hating on the dreaded 'other' game. I actually enjoyed the game of League when I played it but did not detect any greater degree of 'tuffness' between AFL and League players. Argy Bargy is the same across the board. As far as legitimating ANYTHING sporty/ Australian to foreigners, I would not even bother, we don't anybody an explanation for anything. Cool

Oh yeah, the girls dig the AFL blokes cos their mugs are not all smashed up like League or Union players. Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone a musician?
Next Topic:latest london bombing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:15:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017673969268799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.