Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
NUT_54C
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon6.gif  please delete this thread Mon, 18 July 2005 03:19 Go to next message
hi i'm just wondering if anyone actaully knows the official laws for neons on cars. as i just bought a set

i read on RTA nsw site that no other lights are to put on a car in a mannor that will "dazzel" other drivers....WTF??

any input will be good. plz dont come on here just to rip off people who like ricing up there cars

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 06:37]

Send a private message to this user  
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they are legal as long as the light source is not visible you should be okay. I.e hide the globes/tubes well under the car.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 03:27]

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To my understanding, you can't have them on whilst driving, they're fine if you're parked, aslong as they don't face up.
NUT_54C
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats what i've been told, but i'm sure the polic officers will find some way of defecting me... and seeing as i dont have a license (speeding march long weekend) being pulled over isnt something that i really want
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..you don't have a license? I'd suggest fitting thoes neons to the number 9 bus then Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NUT_54C wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 13:36

yeah thats what i've been told, but i'm sure the polic officers will find some way of defecting me... and seeing as i dont have a license (speeding march long weekend) being pulled over isnt something that i really want

are you saying you are driving while you don't have a licence? and you are putting neons on to attract attention?

WTF is wrong with you?

edit: beaten to punch line Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 03:50]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No No No
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

dude youre seriously stupid if your driving unlicsensed you do know you can go to goal dont you
NUT_54C
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its like a 2000 dollar fine and a further 6 months i think.... but for all offical purpose's....no i am not driving unlicensed.

so are neons pretty much illegal unless your parked at home in your own garage???
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im with those 3..

you ask toymodders.. to show restraint and not bag you out regarding neon rice. okay thats asking a lot already. but to not have your licence as well? and brag about it?

thats not cool dude. if u smack into someone and injure them while you dont have your licence.. it doesnt get written off. youre not covered by third party insurance then. if they suffer a disability because of it youre going to be paying compo for it for the rest of their life. whether they be at fault or not. its you who shouldnt have been on the road in the first place.

oh and if they die.. youre up for manslaughter. no questions asked.

but then you have the prime opportunity to hang a red neon under your arse and be someones bitch for 3 - 5 years.. and then you still wont be pimpin. someone will be pimpin YOU!

think about it.
NUT_54C
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not bragging about it. it sux not having a license and i only drive if i desperatly have to, ie work

rest of my time is spent on toymod forums and not driving/appreciating my 88 celica
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catch the bus mate, organise a car pool, shit walk to work. Anything has got to be better than driving with no license.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you shouldnt drive to work man you can apply to get hardship allowences to drive to work.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neons are GAY!!!!!!!!!
If caught, you'll be issued with a ricer citation

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i'm not bragging about it. it sux not having a license and i only drive if i desperatly have to, ie work

rest of my time is spent on toymod forums and not driving/appreciating my 88 celica

Seriously, you are a dick if you think it is OK to drive even if it is for work.

I hope you get caught.

Oh, and Neons are really gay.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not going to say anymore,than how many times has this driving without a license come up. What is the bloody point of taking away someone license if they are going to be FARKWITS and still drive.
YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET,WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conclusion..

http://webb.informatik.gu.se/~s03danee/skoj/owned-cat_jpg.jpg
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and i assume your username is you plate number too, so if there's a cop reading this thread....it suck to be you Razz

Evil or Very Mad
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, while Im riding my motorcycle home form work, and you in your life threatening situation of "having to drive to work", cut across infront of me because you didnt see me (cos no-one ever seems to see a motorcycle till its too late), I go flying across your bonnet and smack my skull into the gutter, rendering myself in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.
Now, who is going to pay for the 24hr nursing required to wipe my ass and feed me babyfood?
Not your insurance, cos you have no FCUKING LICENCE!!!!,
So my partner will need to sue you, and have your wages garnished for the rest of your pathetic life!!!

Its not worth it mate... spend the money on a pushbike instead of neons
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: please delete this thread Mon, 18 July 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can still get defected if u have neons on and your sitting in your driveway, it happened to my mate. Wink
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and whats to bet you drove to autobahn/repco/supercrap/auto1 to buy your poofy ricer lights...
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: please delete this thread Mon, 18 July 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So much love in here. Laughing
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 15:58

Conclusion..

http://webb.informatik.gu.se/~s03danee/skoj/owned-cat_jpg.jpg

LOL
thats is so funny yet so wrong Laughing Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 14:56

Seriously, you are a dick

heh heh, according to his number plate he's a nutsack.. maybe Dick is a little complimentary in this situation...
maybe he needs to be demoted further to "fuckstain" perhaps?

i think it's healthy for toymods to have a whipping boy every now and again Very Happy
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh.. we get tired of rippin on TRD_Supra all the time.. Very Happy

no seriously..this thread rocks. dont delete it! Very Happy
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: OFFICIAL UNDER CAR NEON LAWS Mon, 18 July 2005 14:17 Go to previous message
hamgatan wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 22:41

yeh.. we get tired of rippin on TRD_Supra all the time.. Very Happy

no seriously..this thread rocks. dont delete it! Very Happy

Hahaha, you mean TRD_Supra as in the Tassie guy!? Laughing

Poor bastard can't escape the wrath of Toymods head hunters. Surprised