Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
icon5.gif  Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 00:21 Go to next message
Hey all,
just wanting some reccomendations on springs and shock for my AE82 Twin Cam Hatch, i want to lower it and i need to be pointed in the right direction as to where to look. some reccomendations on what to get would be appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whiteline do a kit for the AE82.

Includes springs, KYB struts, bigger rear sway bar, camber kit and bushes. Cheapest I've found it is at Allday Performance.

http://www.alldayperformance.com.au/category134_1. htm
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx for that...

any other suggestoin people, i justy want to compare some suggestions before i go ahead and just do it
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can vouch for the full whiteline kit, it was installed in one of my best mates's corolla's, it handled very nicely. In my car I ended up using KYB Shocks, Lovell springs and whiteline front and rear sway bars, mine handled slightly better IMO, but I think overall my setup was slightly more expensive..

-Andrew
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the moment i mite just get KYB Shocks & Lovell springs,

where did u get urs from AE82TwinCam??
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude where do you live in sydney, if your gonna go whiteline why not get it from them direct, there outlet is in Minto in campbelltoen i got springs for my rona from there and they were very helpful. This cuts out the middle man who is gonna be adding to the price more than likely.
Oh and they can fit the stuff there as well but charge 70 bucks an hour. So if you can fit it go ahead, or you coulc get them to do it or your mechanic etc.

ADDRESS:
Whiteline Automotive
4 Lincoln St
Minto NSW 2566
Australia
PHONE:
(02) 9603 0111
1800 040 003 (toll free)
int+ 61 2 9603 0111 (international)
FAX:
(02) 9820-2500
ORDERING METHODS:
Our products can be purchased via our secure Webstore (credit card only)
HOURS:
Normal opening hours (Australian Eastern Standard time):
Monday to Friday - 8.00am to 5.00pm
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i kno about whiteline, but atm i think i will just get the springs and shocks, thx tho mate
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i realise that but you don't necessarily have to get their kit you can buy whatever you want ie i was originally gonna get springs and shocks from them, found the shocks cheaper elsewhere (auto one) give them a try, the minto store (other side of the railway station sells KYB monroe etc and regularly have 45% shocks, and then got the springs from whiteline and got my uncle to install them.
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just rang auto one $135 EACH, i mite look around on that one Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
per shock wtf i paid 65 bucks from there hehe.
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment im looking at getting KYB Shocks, and King low springs.

Any one know where i can find a good deal on these it would be most appreciated

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 02:58]

Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a quote for KYB shocks, King Low Springs, $950 is that any good?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that installed (would be good) or just for parts (rip off), for parts that pretty exy although, that what whiteline charge for their kit anyway.
I paid 580 for springs and shocks for the corona when i got em and that was pretty good. That was down from around 750 from sourcing everything from whiteline.
Shop around. I think kings were actually cheaper than the dobinson springs too but i just wanted standard ride height HD and i am not a fan of kings ie ricer appeal. My springs were 320 for all four and it was the same price whether i wanted them lowered 2 inchs or not.
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK - I researched this extensively a few months back and came up with the following.

1. The Whiteline works pack is a combination of the handling pack and sports pack. The sports pack just contains lowered springs and struts.

2. The struts are expensive because they are the whole assembly. The shocks/dampers are not removable.

3. The greatest gain is apparently achieved with the uprated rear sway bar.

4. Buying direct from WHiteline is considerably more expensive. This is because they favour their dealers and won't undercut them. I approached Whiteline direct and found them $200 more expensive than All Day Performance.

You could also try Wholesale Suspension Warehouse at Penrith. Quite good service there but I don't thing they do the Whiteline packs.

Cheers
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just gave them a call, want to know if its an insert or moulded??? any one help me out here?

(REAR ONLY $$$ factor )
$390- KYB shocks
$150 (Pair) Lovell springs

is this ok??

considering that JAX will charge the same price

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 22:58]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lowered Suspension for AE82 TC Hatch?? Mon, 18 July 2005 06:48 Go to previous message
insert Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fixing scratched windscreens
Next Topic:What can i do
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:37:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055029392242432 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.