Toymods » General Car Talk » RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
icon3.gif  RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:12 Go to next message
ok i'm starting an all out thread on the topic of witch is better ricing up your car to make it look better or doing up your engine to make your car faster. to finally end the contraverstail topic of witch is better

think we'll have an all out "discussion" witch will no doubt end in gangs of new style rumblings with random weapons

shall start a poll as well:
vote 1 for ricing
vote 2 for engine
vote 3 for both
vote 4 for "i dont really give a dam

and after a week or 2 shall tally all the votes

anyways i'm all for ricing of the car as i feel it is much more cheaper and i can no doubt pull some sort of skank to sleep with with a riced up car rather then a car that goes fast.
  Send a private message to this user  
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is just a stupid idea. neither is better. some people like one more than the other. its completely personal preference.

maybe it should be...what is more popular?...
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need your car to get a chic? Mate, if that's the case, you're doing something wrong
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go fast.

car as a plaything/toy/hobby.
not as a fashion accessory, as some gay ricer fags need to help them 'pull the skanks'

I think you will quickly find that 'us toymodders' all have roguish good looks, and tend to dislike the ricing matters Smiley =
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you might want to add handling as well and prepar to put a flame suit on as everyone comes in here and disses you out. Personally i prefer a car with good handling and a nice engine, clean exterior but no rice. Maybe its cos i park at a station and don't want to draw undue attention to my car etc etc.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 13:12

i can no doubt pull some sort of skank to sleep with with a riced up car rather then a car that goes fast.

i agree with yian Laughing

no doubt your AE80 2ac corolla with hectic bodykit and neons and 150kg of audio equipment will grab attention, but when an excel sprint blows you away then im sure their attraction (if any) will be shattered*

*hypothetical situation

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 03:23]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 13:21

havabeer wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 13:12

i can no doubt pull some sort of skank to sleep with with a riced up car rather then a car that goes fast.

i agree with yian Laughing

no doubt your AE80 2ac corolla with hectic bodykit and neons and 150kg of audio equipment will grab attention, but when an excel sprint blows you away then im sure their attraction (if any) will be shattered

Matee, thats the whole point Laughing Intergra with bodykit, rims, exhaust and stickers next to me and P plates up, gorgeous blonde GF next to him egging him on. Now... picture this, you just HAVE to demolish that ego dont you? Razz
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh still like to see what people have to say on the topic. but what actually gets you considered a ricer....if i just put a bodykit on and a nice paint job (nice metallic black) does that make me a ricer

or is it if i put those gay neon washer/squiter things and chrom tyre vavle caps with lights in em
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is this shit? Go back to the foreshore mate, some car skank will love you for about two minutes I'm guessing.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

teh all out gang style p00-a-thon[ 29 vote(s) ]
1.Vote 1 I know how to make a poll and you dont 29 / 100%

No Message Body

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^^^^^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is all....

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 03:49]

Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went into Supercheap one time as someone stole my valvecaps (black, plastic ones). Asked whereabouts it was, and some tool tried to sell me *high performance* red ones Razz

Told him I don't give a shit and where the hell the black plastic ones were Very Happy

/ot

ANYWAY... I'd rather have a car with good handling and brakes with some nice engine work rather than a kit and Altezzas Rolling Eyes

Suspension should be coming soon... gettin Tein FLEX coilovers Wink Very Happy

Quote:

teh all out gang style p00-a-thon[ 10 vote(s) ]
1. Vote 1 I know how to make a poll and you dont 10 / 100%

Laughing

Jose

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 04:21]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 12:54

you just HAVE to demolish that ego dont you? Razz

yes you most absolutely do, especially when your car is equipped with dirt, and a mismatched front guard Laughing

*on private roads of course*

p.s. this thread munches hard on the wang
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DEFINE Ricing?.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know...

i normaly like my rice with spam and eggs Surprised http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2002/Nov/17/mcdonalds.jpg
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 14:37

i dont know...

i normaly like my rice with spam and eggs Surprised http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2002/Nov/17/mcdonalds.jpg

Mate, that looks great. I'm hungry now
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me to and im at work Sad
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does putting fury stuff in my interior consider me a ricer???

or if you put some things like neons and stuff on your car but balance it out with some basic engine mods do they cancell each other out??
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no rice is rice fluffy dice is a no no and so are neons, don't waste your money on that shit you'll end up having to rip it off when the cops catch you anyway, and with an eminating glow from your car it won't be hard to find. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Rice is any mod that doesn't bring about a performance advantage to the car, and whilst you may argue about your t wing, unless you are doing 200kph which your excel is not capable of it will have nil effect. Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

does putting fury stuff in my interior consider me a ricer???

What is this furry stuff, a bundle of pubes from a skank you lured into your car? I think a study found that the addition of furry stuff to the interior of cars indicates the driver of the vehicle homosexual tendencies.

Quote:

or if you put some things like neons and stuff on your car but balance it out with some basic engine mods do they cancell each other out??

If you put the neons in the boot, say about 6kg of them, and then fitted say.....a front mount intercooler weighing about 6kg, that would balance out quite well.

Neons are for fish tanks and office lighting, not for cars. If you want to cancel out the ricer-ness of neons inside your car, fit UV lights so you can get a tan, that way they have a practical application (you are getting a tan while you drive) and the added bonus will be skanks will be lured in by the neons to find your totally tanned mellon staring at them, how would they resist Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once again I reiterate:

MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 14:00

Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 15:22

once again I reiterate:

yes but its funny! Very Happy
do mismatched panels count as rice? Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lench wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 14:53

MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 15:22

once again I reiterate:

yes but its funny! Very Happy
do mismatched panels count as rice? Razz

if yes then im a ricer...
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

do mismatched panels count as rice?

If they are mismatched to form the Bennetton colours then yes it's rice.

I also find this thread to wreak of bum love. I thought school holidays were over? Maybe not for some states?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 15:02

fluffy dice is a no no

lets not be rash here

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/cressida/decent/interior1.JPG

pimpin dice in my old cressida

that's not rice boy, that's style

some day you may move up to a cressida... then you'll understand Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 14:57

I thought school holidays were over? Maybe not for some states?

SA are still on holidays and when you have the quality of life of some suburbs such as elizabeth and smithfield plains its no wonder you are getting complete retards posting bullshit...

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh sif i'd drive an auto well maybe but its gonna be pretty rare if it is. Oh and i have thought about a cressida albeit an MX83 equipped with a 1jzgte muhuhhahahahahahaha, sleeper for the station.
Black front mount hidden behind bumper Evil or Very Mad
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Rice is any mod that doesn't bring about a performance advantage to the car, and whilst you may argue about your t wing, unless you are doing 200kph which your excel is not capable of it will have nil effect.

I had better not paint my car then Razz
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so are we offically going to say that ricing likes copious amounts of cock???
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
icon10.gif  Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can paint your car...just paint it red.... the red pigment has smaller particles then other colors and will raise your areodynamics and reduce the wieght in your car

its a proven fact that red cars go faster
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 16:40

didnt need to be said mate Cool
but hey each to their own Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am surprised of the flames this guy is getting. I would estimate only 200deg celcius. I was at least expecting 500deg or so Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Rice is acceptable if that's your thing. It's not my thing and I think most riced up cars look like crap, but hey, it's their money & their choice so I guess they can do what they want.

I think the biggest issue I have with a lot of ricers is their attitude. A lot of them beleive that their car, with all the rice, will perform and handle better than stock. So, a lot of them drive like dickheads to make the point.

The ones you gotta watch out for are the ones who have riced their car beyond recognition as well as put in all the performance bits on their engines, trannies and suspension.

However, in the end, most ricer egos are writing checques their car can't cash.

seeyuzz
river
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 16:40

nope, the only thing sucking copius amounts of cock is your attention seeking ego, great way to start your short life on toymods!..
why don't you just fuck off back to the FF-Forums.
no-body gives a shit about your stupid non-existant poll, and you can pull all the newcastle skank you want and it won't affect us at all Razz

Quote:

vote 1 for ricing
vote 2 for engine
vote 3 for both
Vote 5 for "fuck off back to Newcastle"

i vote 5

that better Chris? Laughing

ahh sometimes i wish i was back in primary school too Wink Mum would make me lunch and i wouldn't have to work...... sigh...
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.reubengathright.com/jpg/ricers/TheFasta ndtheFuriousComic.htm

the dialog sums it up
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
yeah thats true i used to own an 86 pulsar that i bought for 300 bucks (with 300,000k's) on it and i did all these shonty mods to it like spray painted it and chopped muffler off and just shoved big bit of 2 1/2 pipe on it

but me and my freinds used to drive round like wankers and pretend my car was the shizit (ie drive past full done up cars and rev the engine and shit)

so we had this shitty riced up car but we knew it was crap so our attitude was differnt so people used to think we where funny

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9339/dcp00315ar .jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6663/dcp00267th .jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcp00267t h.jpg
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHAHHAHA LOVE THE DAILOGUE they forgot to mention sub woofa but

stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

nope, the only thing sucking copius amounts of cock is your attention seeking ego, great way to start your short life on toymods!..
why don't you just fuck off back to the FF-Forums.
no-body gives a shit about your stupid non-existant poll, and you can pull all the newcastle skank you want and it won't affect us at all

Quote:

vote 1 for ricing
vote 2 for engine
vote 3 for both
Vote 5 for "fuck off back to Newcastle"

i vote 5

I would agree, I vote 5
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I reckon thats wrong in the Car Industry is that there are quite a few categories that people are put into...

If you are GENUINELY enjoying your car and want to add a bodykit or some DECENT side skirts then all the more power to you, after all its your car and if someone disagrees with how it looks I really don't think you should worry, in the end its your car and u'll be driving it every single day,

I think Ricing comes down to doing EVERYTHING everyone else is JUST because EVERYONE is doing it. It reminds me of school, The YO-YO comes back into Fashion and everyones got one!!!

I work at Repco and often stock the "rice" stuff, I've NEVER seen anything more stupid than these stupid shapes that sit in ur car and run off ur cigerette lighter, i mean some of em don't do anything and stand out like nothing else...

Puttin stupid little lights on the window washer (which is freakin annoying and catches your eye too much when driving) is for 1 illegal and serves no purpose (moreso on STOCK EL and EA Falcons, I've seen too many)..

I suppose it comes down to this, If a dude is walking down the street glowing from his shoes, with music coming from his earphones loud enough for u to hear it CLEARLY, and annoying little LED lights as buttons you would be on the floor laughin!
Hence why "Ricers" are categorised, if you draw attention and your tryin to, it deserves to be laughed at if it serves no purpose...

Ricing up a car to get a girl? (or a "Skank")
Why not just be urself? If a car gets a girl, imagine how easy it is for a guy with an EVEN nicer car to move in on the girl!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you misunderstood...

they were kaughing AT you..... not WITH you Wink

so.. do you have a reason for posting on toymods??

apart from mum letting you stay home from school for the day? Evil or Very Mad
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm actually 19 and out of school (doesnt mean i'm not dick head)

its just weird how fired up everyone really gets over this topic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 17:26

If a dude is walking down the street glowing from his shoes, with music coming from his earphones loud enough for u to hear it CLEARLY, and annoying little LED lights as buttons you would be on the floor laughin!

heh heh, raver after a big night Wink

Quote:

i'm actually 19 and out of school (doesnt mean i'm not dick head)
its just weird how fired up everyone really gets over this topic

so? doesn't mean what? doesn't mean you are not a dickhead? Wink

it's not the topic, it's the lame-arsed person who started the thread... but it's a good thing i suppose, feel free to start more threads.

the more crap threads you start, the more comfortable everyone will feel hanging shit on you Rolling Eyes

i still vote 5.

Cya, Stewart

ps, nobody gives a shit about ricers.. they can do whatever they want and be happy. Toyota Modifiers (in general) will just look and have a chuckle, but each to their own.

if some guy in a stock lancer with body done up to look like an EVO wants a go, and gets stomped by my 36 year old corolla.. i'll be the one laughing harder Wink and he will feel just a little bit smaller with every old corolla that goes past Razz heh heh

aaaaaanyway..

Lock and Ban (or is that too harsh Rolling Eyes )

stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe it should go to the outhouse
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so i guess theres a big difference between a ricer and someone who just wants there car to look good ie.. just a nice paint job and maybe some rims, stuff like that

i'll do some reasearch on what i'm talking bout before i start more threads like these.

still theres something we can all agree on...beer is god

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 08:09]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and posting while drunk is something we all regret in the morning Laughing
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to know who havabeer is talking / responding to. All his posts seem to give opinions that are only entertained by himself.

I suggest that next time you're at the tugs, give it a full squirt down the strip and turn left.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I vote 5
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I downloaded some midget gang bang porn last night. Almost as weird as this thread.

Oh, and the Crown is a serious chick puller (not dwarfs or smurfs). Now I am convinced cars CAN assist with pulling chicks.

oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 18:53

and posting while drunk is something we all regret in the morning Laughing

<---- Tell me about it. Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 23:16]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 17:46

TRD-ST162 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 17:26

If a dude is walking down the street glowing from his shoes, with music coming from his earphones loud enough for u to hear it CLEARLY, and annoying little LED lights as buttons you would be on the floor laughin!

heh heh, raver after a big night Wink

heh that's what I thought too. I have seen that! LOL
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Tue, 19 July 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 17:16

that better Chris? Laughing

Much better Very Happy Well done Laughing
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Wed, 20 July 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when in rome....??? Rolling Eyes
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: RICING vs ENGINE MODS the all out debate Wed, 20 July 2005 01:36 Go to previous message
Alright havabeer you've had your 15 minutes this ones being locked now to save people from feeling the need to sink to the level needed to partake in a thread like this.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:TRD corolla/levin/sprinter Bibles
Next Topic:Its official: my ae82 hates me.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:36:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010826110839844 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.