Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Wed, 13 July 2005 14:22 Go to next message
Just wondering how this vehicle is obtained...
I Heard that one of the endurance races has to be done...
But that means a lot of other races have to be done to actually ENABLE endurance mode...

I hate when games don't give you EVERYTHING, half the time u don't even get to experience everything in games because it will either take too long or too difficult...

Any hot cars in particular to modify? Particularly more fun cars?
The Genetta 4 car has been done up thats awesome through the corners...

Send a private message to this user    
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Wed, 13 July 2005 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to get the f1, you need to win the nurb 24h race. so yeah, you need to unlock the endurance hall.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Wed, 13 July 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havnt got gt4... is it real life 24 hours or gametime 24 hours?
24 hours on the nurburg ring would kill me Laughing
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Wed, 13 July 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B-Spec mate at 3x speed, the only way to fly! Very Happy

-Andrew
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Start the 24hr races yourself, and get a lead of 3 or 4 laps, then set it to "B-Spec" mode, keeping a rough eye on it for 1/2 an hour, making sure the computer isn't gaying-up your good work (it happens, believe me!). walk away . . . . .

Come back the next day to finish the race. Cool

As for unlocking the endurance hall, you gotta win the GranTurismo world championship, which means racing and beating the LeMans Prototypes . . . no mean feat!! Get the GT4 guide to which cars are won in which series (Google it), and you'll see that only 3 or so race-series need be completed to get a QUICK LeMans car..... . . .
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow thanks for that
Is the formula 1 car worth playing for?

Can u change to let the computer drive for you half way through the endurance?

Would anyone know a quick way of gettin the LeMans cars...
Thank you heaps everyone

Regards
Adrian
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't need to win the GT World Champ to unlock the endurance races. You just need to complete 25% of the game. I did all the beginners races, a handful of driving missions, all of the japan champ, handful of rallys (special conditions races), most of the Euro races. That has got me to like 26% and now I can do the enduro races.

-Andrew
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh - maybe that's the extreme series that I unlocked with that then . . . it's worth doing anyway, koz the Mercedes series is hilarious, and the German/european touring car series is cool, and worth doing anyway.

Like I said before TRD-162: Get that list of cars you can win, and work backwards from the Mercedes CLK-GTR LM proto... Very Happy
supré-mkii
Regular

June 2005
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it really does take 24 hours to complete?
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did you guys use to win the pro gt world championship?
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 11:31

what did you guys use to win the pro gt world championship?

Tweaked Mercedes CLK-GTR LM. 1031hp turbo kit, and setup with rear tyres always 1 compound harder than what's on the front, otherwise it just chews up rears trying to get the power down. There's usually 1 or 2 cars (the minolta 88V) on a multiple-stop, soft tyres strategy. It sprints off into the distance, but usually stopped once more than me. You get that though . . . . Wink

I found some races dead-easy, and others like the Hong-Kong street race to be nearly impossible to win. Maybe I'm just not a tidy enough driver to really nail street circuts . . Confused
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supré-mkii wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 11:07

Ya huh Nod

-Andrew
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but it's O.K - you just let the computer drive in B-Spec overnight, and check-up on the progress come morning. Warning : The F1 at LeMans is NOT A.I. friendly - the dumb-ass B-Spec driver crashes into the wall down the Mulsanne straight every 2 laps or so. it loses about 1 lap every 2 hours !!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad

- Do the LeMans 24 hour with the Nissan R92cp, cranked up to mega-HP of course! Razz
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Thu, 14 July 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've done a fair bit of B-Spec'ing. It has trained my A.I Driver up pretty well, very very very rarely heads off the track these days Smile

-Andrew
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Sat, 16 July 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE82TwinCam wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 13:33

supré-mkii wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 11:07

Ya huh Nod

-Andrew

No it doesn't. You can put it in fast foward.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Sat, 16 July 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh but everytime it pulls into the pits it goes back into real time, is there anyway around that?
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Sun, 17 July 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 13:30

yeh but everytime it pulls into the pits it goes back into real time, is there anyway around that?

I do not beleive so! It's a bit annoying really.

-Andrew
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Sun, 17 July 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still love my 824hp JZA80.. and it loves to eat tyres
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Mon, 18 July 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many Bspec points do you need before your driver gets to be decent? i only just started using bspec and he always overtakes on the outside of corners, even when there is a massive gap on the inside. also how do you get it to pit automatically?

chris
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Mon, 18 July 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Half the fun of big games is that when you get that F1 car, you know that lazy bastards haven't gotten that far. Wink It's all about commitment.

Speaking of commitment, anyone know where and when I should be able to get the panda 11,000rpm AE86?
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Tue, 19 July 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 08:26

how many Bspec points do you need before your driver gets to be decent? i only just started using bspec and he always overtakes on the outside of corners, even when there is a massive gap on the inside. also how do you get it to pit automatically?

chris

I think I'm close to 6000 points, he's a pretty good driver now,50+ points on each stat level. Even on level 2 speed settings he overtakes on the inside. You can check his stats out in the garage. He gets the most points when he's in a car that just doens't slaughter everything else but one that he has to drive hard with. I'm not sure if B-Spec effects your win/loss ratio (I assume it does) but it doesn't really bother me, I'd rather have a decent driver developed.

He will pit automatically on the lap when the tyres turn red, the automatic settings are to refuel every stop so you shouldn't have a problem there. The only issue is that it doesn't resume x3 speed after the pit stop.

I did the 24 hour race Nuhringburg (spelling??) yesterday. Won by a country mile thanks to my Nissan Fairlady Z concept with Superhard tyres and 900+kw Evil or Very Mad

Make sure you set him to overtake all the time otherwise he'll get stuck behind the slowest car and you're in trouble!

By the way, the 24 nuhringburg race lands you the GT Forumula 1 car Very Happy

-Andrew

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 00:43]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Tue, 19 July 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh. 1584 B-Spec points, and my AI drivers still sucks the big-one. I'm just soooo much faster than the B-spec, and I actually enjoy PLAYING the game.

Kinda why I bought it in the first place . ! . ! . ! Rolling Eyes

p.s. I'm also gentler on the tyres than the B-spec driver . . .
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Tue, 19 July 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I enjoy playing as well, however, doing 150 laps of some track doesn't really interest me, so I figured why not give the bloke some training. I'm still considerably faster than my b-spec buddy but I'm sure by the time he's fully trained I'll be 2nd rate!

-Andrew
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Tue, 19 July 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True - While I've got nearly 3,000Miles clocked, My B-spec lackey has over 9,000 MILES under his belt ! ! ! Shocked
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Tue, 19 July 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
few questions
how do you train the b-spec driver ?
how do you start the race oyurself and then change it to b-spec and let the driver do the racing
how do oyu adjust the speed ie 3x ?
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Tue, 19 July 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My B spec driver has 0 miles and 0 points, I guess Ill have to take him for a drive more often. Or i could just press pause while i sleep/shit/eat/go to work.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4 Tue, 19 July 2005 05:34 Go to previous message
4DaDrift wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 14:40

few questions
how do you train the b-spec driver ?
how do you start the race oyurself and then change it to b-spec and let the driver do the racing
how do oyu adjust the speed ie 3x ?

Just make the bastard race.
Changeover at the pitstops.
switch to the "race control" screen to speed the stuff up (read teh manual, yo)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sony Ericsson K700i
Next Topic:Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:16:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075929164886475 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.