Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

more commadore bagging joy Mon, 07 October 2002 01:36 Go to next message
is it just me or 6 cyl commadores are slow POS's???? i mean, i will either keep up with these or beat them, manual or auto...
must be the whole weight thing, i dunno
just i dragged one on riverside drv (perth ppl will know - very straight road, just its 200m from the city!!) and i could see he was really pushing it and getting pissed that i was right there beside him Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Mon, 07 October 2002 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know about that.... when there's a supercharger hanging off it/...... Smile
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 08 October 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend has a vl calias turbo and it's like a rocket.

i find they are a good car, but way too common for my liking.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 08 October 2002 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You forget that a VL hardly has a Holden engine in it though does it?

Riverside drive...nice road if they jacked the speed limit up a bit...
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Wed, 09 October 2002 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know it's a nissan engine, but it's really improved that car. compared to the red, blue and black blocks the VH and VK's had.

there was a nice cream coloured one for sale a while back. i almost bought it.
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Fri, 08 November 2002 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm riverside drive is nice, but with a 60kph limit, what do i do with my other 3 gears? (4spd auto).

And I'm not sure exactly how slow commodores are compared to my limo, because the only thing thats even bothered trying is some hilux.

Only people to look at my car are old women wondering if they know me from bowls.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 09 November 2002 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dorries are just crap, people only buy them cause they hav a bit of power, but dont think about the faact that they weigh about twice as much as some cars.
JUZZO
CelicaLuva
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 09 November 2002 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is really annoying when some young boof head decides to take his mates out in their piece of crap commodore, now I like the look of some commodores but commodore does not = race car.
And almost every idiot who owns one(young hoon idiots) can't stand anything japanese overtaking them or beating them... Laughing
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Sun, 10 November 2002 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I'm a big fan of the commodores, and lets just say that sale's prove that they're the best!
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Mon, 11 November 2002 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sales also prove that Kylie Minogue is a good singer.

But she sure as hell isn't.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 12 November 2002 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
commadores are ok.. my mate has a VN with a manuel box and a pod filter and exhaust and its a beast for wat it is.

i was fully suprized. doubt the car will last too long the way he drives tho
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 12 November 2002 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CD's are a lot cheaper than cars. People just don't throw away their money on crap cars.
mc1j
Regular

November 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 12 November 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The most joy i have had in my life has been drag racing commodore owners at the lights,
When i was a young fella (a year ago) i had a datsun 1600 that i competed regulary in qrc events with, To sell it i painted it white no stickers,I decided to drive the rally car home from an event (seeing it was in disguise) . As soon as i left the grounds i had a crappy 250 kw box up my arse, the webbers were coughin and this dick thought he would over take me, we were coming to one of those huge 2 lane round abouts, so i casually changed back to second and gunned it, started losing him by carlenghts,held it flat through round about.
Then i looked in my rearview mirror this wally had over stepped it and crashed his new crappadore through a fence and into a field. I did not stop.
Secondly i had a 4wd laser (light tune)it loved it as well.
Now i have a r32 GTR evry time i pullup at the lights,doesnt matter what it is but they want to race,eskys ,gems doing line lockers, they just want to see it boost up,i usually let it fishtail into thier lane to make some white nuckles..
Cant wait till the sleeper is finished..
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Wed, 13 November 2002 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good call. whatabout kia drivers though ?
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Thu, 14 November 2002 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the sleeper!
Coming home from a client's place the other night (wife driving) we came up alongside a WRX...We're cruising along and my wife puts the foot down. The auto-box decides not to kick-down Mad , so we're ambling away sedately from this thing. Anyway, he fires up and comes past. At the next set of lights (red) he's stopped and we're cruising up...lights go green, wife sinks the foot and Cressida launches. Further up still, this bloke comes up behind us and I can see he's going to "blow" past us. (Not if I have anything to do with it! Evil or Very Mad ) So I wait until I see him pull out to overtake (double-lane road), and when he does, I plonk the auto back to second, telling the wife to boot it, which she does. Result? Us gone and WRX languishing!!! Smile

We go to turn off right, while he goes left, probably thinking "WTF has that stock-looking Cressida GOT under the bonnet..." Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Fri, 29 November 2002 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COMMODORE'S ARE NOT RACE CARS, NOR ARE THEY A PERFORMANCE CAR!!

honestly, people who think that commodore's "perform well" are misguided. THey have the chassis characteristics of a bus, the response of a retarded sloth, the cornering of a , the engineering of a 30yr old car and the overall deisgn of a turd.

I know im going to get some falred up responses here, but honestly, commodore's are a family car, you cannot even THINK they are a performance vehicle. Ok there are HSV's and whotnot, yes they have some good performance, but look at some proper performance vehicles like skylines, supras and even the cheap-as-a-base-model-commonwhore 200SX!!!! They eat them!

And sale's are nothing to go by. more than 50% of commodore and falcon sales are made up of company cars and taxi's. Now lets remove those and compare. Then most people by them becuase they are big, and cos its a an aussie icon. Really most people purchase them because they cannot look beyond the blinker that they are wearing, and see other cars at the same or cheaper price that are far superior vehicles.

take this example:
My dad owns a nice 2001 model Audi A4 Quattro, the last of the 130kW AWD 1.8L turbos. I was in the car riding with him a few months ago drving up the blue mountains, through all the twisty crap. Some wanker in his "performance" V8 slug HSV (not a clubsport) tries to do some retarded maneuvre around us and ends up cutting us off. This pisses off my dad and I tell him "man, you need to show that guy what a real car is dad!"
So my da drops back a few cogs and flattens that car around a corner. Now this guys was flying around each bend sqeeling most of the way around. Within two corners we caught up a 500m gap with ease... get up next to the guy mid corner, wave, and then put the foot down more and continue flying around the corner while he is struggling.
Needless to say we didnt see him until the straight section at the top of the hill when he goes past at 140 or so.

Price conparison:
HSV Senator $77k
HSV Clubsport (which this was NOT) $55k
Audi A4 quattro 1.8T $68k

i know where my money would go.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Fri, 29 November 2002 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
njust remember, a senator is a limousine with BALLS.
the leg room in the back of those things is more than in the front of most cars.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Fri, 29 November 2002 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not really being rude, but that doesnt really make them a performance vehicle. It makes them a family car with an overpowered motor
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Fri, 29 November 2002 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, I was agreeing
but the people who buy the aren't after a performance vehicle.. all they want is a car that has take off off the line, and uber-luxury interior
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 03 December 2002 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im more referring to the people who drive the car as if it were a performance car.
Oh, and the Audi has a more luxurious interior than the Senator Very Happy.....
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Mon, 16 December 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alrighty,

I HATE COMMODORES. They shit me.

Noisy rough peices of shyte. Push rod shit, the fucking v6's are from 60's buicks!

As for the VY, err yeah, nice one. Might as well go buy a fucking Magna. At least you'll get a better engine!!
Have a look at the build quality in the pieces of shyte. they are so uneven, you'll find big gaps all thru the panel fit, and it'll be different on most cars.

What can you do to a Commodore now that no on else has? Get a full sik mid life crisis SSV body kit?

I used to beat a mates VT in my bog stock AE93 corolla seca rv. Now thats saying something, 85kw 155nm raw 7afe power!!! Ohh and you cant say that it was much lighter either, the Corolla weighed in at 1240kg's. 540 rear 700 front.

Have Fun!
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Mon, 16 December 2002 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh.. i hate commodores..
and the retards that think a heavy arsed car like that can beat a Nice japanese Import..

Shit.. most of them struggle to beat a Stock Import!
and riverside drv is a good place to drag.. but you gotta hope that Mr Plod is a bit busy elsewhere or you get nicked.

As far as my opinions of Ford Vs Holden.. i think they are both to frigging heavy arsed, and that after youve messed with them and given them some balls you can only go fast in them, or they look like grandma cars.

Fuck it.. buy a Mitsu Magna rather than waste money on a Commie.

Katsuchiyo
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 17 December 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from a similar perspective, why do some toymodders aspire to "beat commodores"?
the classic line would be "can't wait until I get the new engine in, it'll kick commodore arse"

and i wouldn't buy a magna, it's a front wheel drive:)
gimme a chaser anyday for 10 grand less!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 17 December 2002 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not all Magnas are FWD anymore Evil or Very Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 17 December 2002 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people want to beat commodoores 'cause that's what everyone has on the road, and your typical 20 year old toyota cant beat it... so people want to have a car that can beat most cars on the road.
that was my initial aim... but now I find that there are only 2 types of cars that can beat me.
500cc+ motorbikes, and european cars worth over $150k
Fat_KE70
Regular

October 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 17 December 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 20 year old rolla has no problem keeping with commo's

but i cant bag em too much i work at a holden dealer!
those clubbys are not too slow. its just a pity bout the handling(big weight problem)

[Updated on: Tue, 17 December 2002 13:04]

leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 21 December 2002 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm..commodores..

brake lights that all work seem to be an option on commodores...they must be an expensive option because not many commodore owners seem to have it Razz

anybody else noticed this?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Sun, 22 December 2002 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leebroozlee wrote on Sun, 22 December 2002 00:51

hmm..commodores..

brake lights that all work seem to be an option on commodores...they must be an expensive option because not many commodore owners seem to have it Razz

anybody else noticed this?

I notice that a helluva lot on the AU and the model before it.

Look out! The ford badge has shorted out the lights again. Very Happy
89 MX83
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Sun, 22 December 2002 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have noticed on VN and VP's that when the fool driving the crapadore brakes you get a different arrangement of lights.

"driving a commodore is like going on and adventure - you never know where you will stop next"
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Sun, 22 December 2002 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehhehe

oh yeah within the first month of the release of the new commodore and falcon i saw 1 of each broken down on the m5
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Sun, 22 December 2002 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the new VY Commonwhore looks like a Lancer on steroids from the rear???

I think it will not be long until we see Altessa style tail lights for the VY commie.

Hell I have already seen them on the new Falcon utes!!!!

I PISSED myself laughing!!!! Not good turning up to work all teary eyed from laughing when your a bloke!!
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Mon, 23 December 2002 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, on the subject heading of commonwhore bagging, I saw something funny the other day. (Well, I thought it was).

The guy across the road has a lowered commodore (The model before the current, I don't know model #'s), and when he took his driveway front on, he went in, cleared it fine. (We have the sloped gutter driveways).

But when I try to take it front on, I always hit. I need to angle it.

Stock standard height, my car is lower at the front. Very Happy
quick 6
Regular

December 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 28 December 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And i thought you guys were smarter than that in here.

Vs Commodore
1JZ GTE Auto
ARE Hot chilli cooler
3" exhurst
Autronic managment.
Expecting 300 rwhp. Will post dyno graph soon
Im just wonder if i fit into all your stero types???

Roland

[Updated on: Sat, 28 December 2002 07:25]

manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 28 December 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No cause u have something decent under the bonnet

Rock up at the lights with some of these guys in the thread next to u ... give em a fright

hehe

Ta
Mani
quick 6
Regular

December 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 28 December 2002 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id love to. i get it a lot though. people just think bogan drive commodores and that they are all slow. Wrong.
Ill see some of you at willobank when its finished
Roland
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 28 December 2002 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and i thought bogan was a largely victorian saying.
there ya goand I'm amazed I typed that correctly (on reviewing the spelling) ... red wine tis a wonderful thing
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 28 December 2002 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since perth doesnt have as big a car mod scene, people tend to buy cars with power out of the box... leading to a commie or falcon. and as such perth should be renamed boganville.
i see these p platers around with all their mates and their drooling over a VL 6 banger... i mean... common... its white and has no mods of any kind (does a roof rack count?)
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Wed, 01 January 2003 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe the roof-racks are angled to produce meticulously calculated amounts of downforce Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Wed, 15 January 2003 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heehee... VL doesnt even have a GM motor.. its NISSAN!!! Laughing

wow... and i thought commonwhore-itis was restricted to isolated parts of the southerland shire!!!
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Wed, 15 January 2003 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was on a cruise a little while ago (just after christmas) and yeah, was at a red light (wanting to catch up to rest of the guys) in my humble looking 86 with standard rims.

Opposing lights go yellow I get ready, I launch like a bat outta hell and along side me is a commodore with a 40-50 k rolling start, VN Manual (by the sound of the gear changes) marone with a nice little spoiler.

Commodores usually kill me to 100 and I don't usually go past 100. However, this day I was feeling like disregarding the law for once.

I was gaining on him to my suprise (I really did launch well..) and at about 140 I pulled past him and I didn't think he was trying, until I heard his exhaust and saw the look on his face, he was giving it all it had from the word go.

At about 160 coming close to 170, I was a good 2 or 3 car lengths ahead. The only person more suprised than him was me Smile

Grant.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 18 January 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry double post...... Embarassed

[Updated on: Sat, 18 January 2003 07:33]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 18 January 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riverside dr is good.. but i used to really enjoy the south (to rockingham)freeway, and the north bound one... Evil or Very Mad

they were still building that tunnel when i left, so what is that like? or have they got speed camera's in it??
my BOV would have to echo really nice in a tunnel, it sound cool just going under a overpass.... Smile

if it's not the young 'lads' in their commodores.. it's the executive dudes in the company car..
commodores at traffic lights are getting boring.....
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: more commadore bagging joy Sat, 18 January 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first kill was in my parent's car (2000 Outback Limited Wagon) and it like 1600 odd kg and only a 2.5L Flat 4 115kw, and i was pulling out of the drive that has the macas and KFC on it a helensvalle and turning back to oxenford, and this Ford Falcon XE something was pushing it to the living shit, and all over the place, and we goes under the M1 under pass in the left tuning land and i go up next to him in hte right (both turn right) and i new he wanted to beat me he could merge in front of me (100m ahead) but i throught i see what the subaru does (it auto), so it green i hammer it around the corner and have it flat all the way, he keeping up, but is dieing back, and i was amazed that the heavy wagon with only 115kw could beat it (he was tried i can tell u that now). I know the falcon is heavy to, but it got 3.9 in-line 6, with maybe 125odd kw. so i was surprised and glad.
The celica is yet to have an oposer...

Nezza Cool
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: more commadore bagging joy Mon, 20 January 2003 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate of mine has a turbo vl calais, with about $40k he has it pumping out over 400hp, looking, sounding and handling well (for a holden Very Happy ). The other day he pulled up next to a wrx at a set of lights and begen laughing,"its only a four banger Ill cane it". he gave the engine a rev.suddenly the rex screamed as its driver revved the crap out of it, When the lights changed my mate did his best but ended up very embarrassed as the rex dissapered into the distance.

I couldn't beleive it the other day though when I was telling an ignorant friend about my almost completed 5ME to 7MGTE Mk2 supra conversion. He asked me disbelievingly if I honestly thought that my car would be faster than a mates (totally stock apart from exhaust) VR commie.
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: more commadore bagging joy Mon, 20 January 2003 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEHEHHEEH
put some money on it and set a date!
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: more commadore bagging joy Tue, 21 January 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am so bored!.
well yeh commowhore's ain't that bad i guess
my friend beat a purple rolla seca the model b4 the current one. Anyways these cars was both p's and the purple rolla had full car load so did the commowhore, but the rolla had exhaust and bodykit me and my friends thought it was the special edition with turbo decided to give it a run being the commowhore more heavy (its only a v6 esteem stock) then the rolla, also the rolla was a manual and the commowhore auto and we beat it by 1 car length ! and our car was heavy by heaps my friend is 2m tall in all so yeah.
we ran the guy at 3 lights continuing to beat him, i guess the commowhore ain't a bad car.
But from what i have heard from him the car parts are crap like once one light breaks the other dies at the same time, the rear suspension is crap too as its not independent suspension.
I will run him when i get my 4age sprinter and hopefully chop him !
sikmr2
Regular

January 2003
Re: more commadore bagging joy Wed, 29 January 2003 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commodores suck big time! With the 4age in me car i could keep up with and sometimes beat the newer models. Now with the levin 4agze , i can launch a car length ahead at the lights and keep pulling away. But the commy driver still thinks hes the king even though hes just been smoked.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: more commadore bagging joy Wed, 29 January 2003 23:57 Go to previous message
Heh, I had my chance yesterday to take the newest model (riced up looking magna), commo V8 for a spin to see what it could do.

There was a red one yesterday parked outside of the 7eleven at warner that was left running.

I was so tempted to jump in and take it for a quick ride. Evil or Very Mad

Would anyone else have done it? Should I have done it?

As I was contemplating, a young guy in dress clothes (Blue shirt, black trousers), came on out and jumped in it. I guess it might have been his boss' car or something.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who was that in the red hatch ae82
Next Topic:Inconsiderate parker gets 'gravel sprayed'
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 04:07:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079939365386963 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.