Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dahashrat
Occasional Poster

September 2002
exhaust leak repair prices - corolla Wed, 20 July 2005 02:12 Go to next message
what would be a reasonable price to have the exhaust section between the cat and the muffler replace on my '87 twin cam corolla?

I was about to go and get some quotes, but I'd like to have some ideas about a reasonable price before I go.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
KE70MAN
Regular

June 2005
Re: exhaust leak repair prices - corolla Wed, 20 July 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey buddy,

to answer ur question simply. it depends on wat type of metal is used, either it be mild steel or stainless steel, and if press bent bends are used or mandrel bends. if u just want a 'fix-it' type job, i say u shuld go with mild steel, press bent in factory diameter.
i dont think it is exactly worth paying extra for stainless steel as ur car is already old and may not be worth it. it depends tho, up to u.

if u shop around im sure u can find that u will pay, for a basic job in mild steel, press bent about $250-300 best price..

if its made in stainless with mandrel bends then u can be looking at paying between $350-400-450. depends on quality sizes and who u know heh

i recommed u get mild steel in a bigger than factory size (twin cam corolla--4age? no more than 2.5inch) with either ur press bends or mandrel bends. is the engine modded? or wil it be?
look around on these forums and im sure u will find wat pipe diameter will be ideal for ur application.

hope i helped!!
Carl
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: exhaust leak repair prices - corolla Wed, 20 July 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the above quotes were a bit high if your only looking for that small bit replace. I had a hot dog replaced once and that only cost me $60. And had a quote for a full 3inch exahust with rear muffler for $470 mandrel bent. Just to give you a ruff idea. Shop around, i'd be thinking $150ish
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: exhaust leak repair prices - corolla Wed, 20 July 2005 13:24 Go to previous message
exhaust wrap @ supercheap $5
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:22re
Next Topic:HELP 3SGTE vs 3SGE valve cover gaskets?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 03:31:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056960582733154 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.