Toymods » Tech & Conversions » HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
trdcmy
Regular

July 2005
icon4.gif  HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 04:57 Go to next message
Lets see today i decided to change my coolent in my sv21 camry because it was getting a bit old and there was lots of water in the system, i did the procedure, well today i parked my car at mt. druitt and guess what i notice there was fresh coolent underneath my car, i looked all around the engine bay but couldnt find anything, it look like the leak is in an unusual spot, it looked like it came from right underneath the engine, as i am aware of i dont think there are any hoses there, if you can help please reply i need my car to be up and running well for this weekend.
  Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could be waterpump, heater hoses, throttle body coolant hoses
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw on Myth Busters if you crack an egg into the radiator it will fix coolent leaks Smile

no im not kidding ! Wink
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's true - But there are some longer lasting products available. Some require you flush cooling system with a cleaner first, then run this product that contains particles of metal. Meant to seal up any small holes, fractures. Not sure how well it works, but that's what I read. Saw this at repco.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know any good quality colants or are they all the same ie the 5 dollar for a 44 gallon drum
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that was off topic, Toyota Red is awesome. I know that much.

Anyway, wash off all the coolent under the car, start it up and see where the leak comes from. Should be pretty easy to find.
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get a concentrated coolant they normally do the job for most cars, nulon make three different types of it, each of them have different lifes

also you can use a product called chemi weld and seal up to in the raditator to fix smaller leaks and what not
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email sent
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chemiweld - oh dear...

Are you sure your 'leak' isn't just that you filled the radiator, then filled the overflow bottle right to the top, and it, well, overflowed...?

What I usually do is make sure the system is full, then gradually pressurise it with the compressor, and look for the river - you can buy adapters, little pumps, etc. for this purpose, but so long as you're careful, you don't need anything too fancy.
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: HELP: Coolent leak and i dont know where Wed, 20 July 2005 14:12 Go to previous message
wats so bad about chemi weld from what i gather from customers at work is that it works really well
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:magnaflux and shotpeening
Next Topic:22re
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 02:16:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005666971206665 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.