Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  RN27 Hilux FREE Thu, 16 January 2003 14:54 Go to next message
Well Tina's car is now up and running and is going pretty well but the diff is already whinning more than my past girlfriends Wink (And I haven't bagged it up yet honest !)

So anyway on the way home yesterday I bought and old RN27 Hilux ! Its actually a pretty cool old ute and if I had the room....... But anyway. Hopefully by the end of the long weekend (at the latest) I'll have removed the diff, handbrake cables and tray. Then whats left of it is off to the scrap yard unless someone wants it.

Its a 1978 model 2WD RN27 Hilux. The twin headlight front end ones with an 18R-C oh its a manual too !. Has alot of good bits tho its a bit rough overall but hey I drove it home ! (Unreg but only 2 blocks from home !)

Will be leaving for the scrap yard as soon as the diff is out, there are already far to many wrecks here ! Be quick if you want it.

0416 181 284
rod@toymods.org.au
  Send a private message to this user    
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Fri, 17 January 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The diff is the only thing I would be interested in Rolling Eyes
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Sat, 18 January 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is the overall size of the rn27 diff drum face to drum face?

I have a RN40 and that is virtually spot on 1400mm but I have heard there is a smaller one.
RobR
Regular

July 2002

icon4.gif  Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Mon, 20 January 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont you boys look at an RH22-RZH113 hiace van diff?....they all use the same center as a hilux... Laughing
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Mon, 20 January 2003 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rob any idea on the width of the RH22-RZH113 hiace van diff?
sam_
Regular

December 2002

Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Tue, 21 January 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya,
I'm also very interested in the width's (drum face to drum face) of the hilux / hiace diffs. Rod, anyone know? Or could I ring up toyota? Is the RN27 the one to go for, and get a LSD center for it? Measured my TA23 diff to be about 1363mm
Thanks for all the info guys, keep it coming.
Cool Sam
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Tue, 21 January 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiaces generally are about 1570mm, early Hilux (RN10-40) are about 1410mm across (wheel mounting face to wheel mounting face).

[Updated on: Tue, 21 January 2003 02:23]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Tue, 21 January 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT,

Lets just say your info re Hilux's is mistaken but I am not saying anything else until I have filled my own personal diff requirements Razz

What can I say.... I need another Diff or two yet and they are bloody hard to find ! Rolling Eyes

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Tue, 21 January 2003 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha the secrecies around diff for early celicas Smiley =
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Tue, 21 January 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe....what secrecy? RN27 for free, no diff....gee,I wonder which model Hilux has the narrower track to suit a Celica? Very Happy

Rod, my diff came out of an RN10, and my dad has an RN41....both are 1410 across....I just assumed they were all the same in between.

Thanks for that Rod. I will correct my little article.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RN27 Hilux FREE Tue, 21 January 2003 14:11 Go to previous message
GT,

Shhhhh Don't assume anything... Its all a Coincidence.... I bought it for the gearset and the tray....WOuld you beleive the rims..... Up To Something
The RN27 Hilux Diffs are mine I say Mine..... hehehe Well I need two more anyway... One for Dave's 23 and one for Scrote's 22 !

mmm But assuming a Narrower Diff did exist it would have a different brake mounting flange just to cause issues and only be 1370 Wide Drum face to Drum face ! Rolling Eyes

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CHEAP: 5SFE
Next Topic:TA22 GT - 220km/hr speedo!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 05:33:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047531127929688 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.