Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 09:00 Go to next message
Hey peoples....haven't been around in ages...Anyways i'll get to the point...

I finally tuned my soarer...And wanted to know if I should have got more out of my car for the set-up I am running. The Car got 130KW at the wheels....I expected about 150rwkw..

The car has the Blitz CT12 BAG turbos, HKS Cooler, Full 3 inch exhaust with a hi flow 3inch cat, Its running a Stock ECU with the Blitz MFCS piggyback which just stops the fuel cut(well not really) and riches up the mixture up top.

The tuner knows what he is doing and is good at it so I don't doubt him for a second.
I also had the AFM opened up he can lean out the mixture further and try to get the AFM max out later..
After everything I still only manage to run about 14.5psi without maxing the AFM. I am using a HyperBoost controller.
The car is Auto and the engine is a Gen2.
All the injectors have been cleaned; timing is at 10 degrees with the pins shorted. Has brand new leads and been fully inspected before the dyno. The car runs well...really well comparing to what it use to stock, but I read that a lot more people are getting around 150 to 160rwkw .
The car still runs too rich but can not be leaned out any more as it will run to lean when in cruze mode.
Any sugestions
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/blk1ggte/Dyno.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err sorry about the size of the picture...i haven't posted a pic before
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know what kind of power you should expect from ct12's but i'm pretty sure it's not alot.

Also it might be an idea to upgrade your fuel system but i'm not 100% on that
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no need to upgrade the fuel system..its allready more then enough...plenty..the fuel system is good to at least 180rwkw...the CT12 are blitz high flowed units so they are capable of 160rwkw...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure what you should expect from your particular setup, but a member on here has squeezed 250RWKW from a 1G, so with the right mods you can certainly milk power out of them. 130RWKW isn't to be sneezed at anyway!
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know roughly what i should expect from my setup..i was just asking other people with similiar setup what their opinion was...and i know 130kw isn't much u don't have to tell me that. Besides u have not got a 1ggte and u had nothing clever or informativie to adivse me maybe u should't have posted anything instead of being a smart ass.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What gen 1G-GTE do you have?

Looks good for a gen 1, slightly bad for a gen 2, horrible for a gen 3.

For those mods, I'd estimate:
Gen 1: 120ish
Gen 2: 130-140
Gen 3: 150-160

Disclaimer: I'm basing those numbers on my knowledge of the stock turbos. I have no idea what effect those Blitz bag turbos would have.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 13:15]

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 22:36

I know roughly what i should expect from my setup..i was just asking other people with similiar setup what their opinion was...and i know 130kw isn't much u don't have to tell me that. Besides u have not got a 1ggte and u had nothing clever or informativie to adivse me maybe u should't have posted anything instead of being a smart ass.

what's your problem? he was just trying to help, and said nothing wrong. dont expect people to help you, when you just abuse anyone that doesnt have your answer. smart ass.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 19:00

The tuner knows what he is doing and is good at it so I don't doubt him for a second.

i doubt him. if he is so good, why are you dissapointed? if he is so good, why don't you just acept that is the max from your setup.

no, i don't have a 1G, and no, i am not trying to be a "smartarse".

what was your tuners response/excuse for the less than expected power? if you think there is more in it, when you told him that, what did he say?

Cya, Stewart
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Tue, 19 July 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey man, i just got my car dynoed 2 weeks ago. Dude, there is honestly something amiss with your setup. With a 2.5" catback, 15psi boost, a CAI i was making just under 100rwkw, and that was with bad timing and a motor running ULTRA rich, with 3 ver bad spark plugs.

Just a tip, i advanced my base timing to 12degrees and there was a noticeable difference in bottom end - give it a shot.

Try to get an aftermarket ECU - so u can adjust mixtures properly, im absolutely sure that will significantly increase ur power output, and if u can get rid of the stock AFM and run a MAP ull see bigger gains again.

- Is all ur pipework clean?
- Is ur TB clean?

Check the inlet temperatures just before the TB, they should be below 45degrees at the very most.

Let us know how it goes, and ill make some more adjustments to mine and see how that goes, and we can compare, coz im still getting bad numbers outta mine.
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he did say it was a gen 2 im with nark they ok maybe a touch down on power.

ive seen these blitz turbos on a 1g before, and not really a formiddable upgrade in my opinion, but thats just my opinion.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering it's auto I'm not surprised, they sap a fair bit of power...

But, that said, it was dynoed in 3rd gear. Aren't they normally dynoed on 4th gear? or is that because it's an auto?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4th gear on the A340E is overdrive which is more of an economy gear than anything, isnt it?

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So 3rd gear would be right then yeah?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. 3rd is the 1:1 gear in a 4 speeder.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well then, you've got no excuses... It's just a crappy power figure....
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not bad my first dyno with the stock 7m-gte and auto with 100,000km put out 129rwkw

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 12:05

Well then, you've got no excuses... It's just a crappy power figure....

Autos will still suck more power than a manual because of the slippage. you are not going to lockup the converter while you are on the dyno so there will never be as much power put to the ground as a manual with the same power at the fly.

I don't think it is too bad. Kirk's made 149rwkw and that is a manual. I think he was running the stock ecu that day. Check the dyno day thread under QLD section.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, mine made 149rwkw and that's a manual with stock ecu and Blitz ct12's. Prior to that I made 164rwkw with the Mines chipped ecu. So I would say you are putting out pretty much what an auto 1GGTE can expect...

Cheers,
Kirk
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the responses...

VeeP- I haven't actually checked my TB..i'll have to do that...the pipe work is clean.

The only thing that is bothering me is the AFM because I can't run more then 14psi..or on cold nights if close to 14psi it cuts out. I know I have to look into an aftermarket management but I don't think the extra 30rwkw or so would justify the $1000 plus tunning price…But that’s just my 2c
As for it being auto, that is true. A manual would have got about 140 to 145rwkw...and the motor is the less aggressive Gen2.

The only other thing is that boost starts dropping of after 5000rpm to about 11-12psi...I think if it stayed steady at 14psi all the way to Redline the power reading would have been higher on the dyno... But I blame the turbos for this...as they are still to small to provide enough flow up top. The Blitz Turbo's isn't much of an upgrade I agree. They are just a bit stronger when boosted and give more flow then the stockies...
The other solutions is to get an electronic boost controller that would hold the boost steady all the way no matter what…

Oldcorollas- i know you are not being a smartass...the tuner basically said that the AFM is restrictive, its still running rich, and he could have extracted a tad more but it would have been beneficial mixture wise…Yes I am very happy with it just wanted to know other people’s opinion on this forum. The tuner like everyone recommends the Stand Alone ECU to get rid of the restrictive AFM and get the mixtures where they should be...
He is a good friend who has looked after me many many years...that’s why he has my full trust...and he is well respected among those in the know…I would recommend him to anyone..

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auto transmission Gen 2.
The power sounds about right then. The figures I quoted were manuals.

The boost is interesting though. I thought the stock turbos could hold 14psi all day long, so the Blitz turbos should be easily be able to do that. Dunno though, I'm still running stock boost... Smile
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i find that interesting too...i have a fiddle with it but..and yeah i thought that the figures were about right for Auto gen2 just wanted to know everyones opinion..thats all..
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*edit*

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 13:35]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 19:17

I don't know what kind of power you should expect from ct12's but i'm pretty sure it's not alot.

i think guy was referring to this post when i said smart ass
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I didn't think of that, ah the internet is a confusing place....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dcving wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 08:45

ive seen these blitz turbos on a 1g before, and not really a formiddable upgrade in my opinion, but thats just my opinion.

True, although I'd still be expecting at least a bit more than the Gen3 turbos, considering they did cost over $2600 brand new.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i would have though that as well...Last question: Any ideas why my AFM is maxing out at 14psi.... It use to do this even with the stock turbos...is it a gen2 thing.But from i learned on this forum the AFM are all the same?? Just curious to know..
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Wed, 20 July 2005 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
surely if boost is decreasing in higher rpm either
a) there is restriction before turbo.
b) there is restriction between turbo and valves
c) there is restriction in the exhaust
d) wastegate is doing something whacky.

if it was making boost and not power then it's timing or fuelling, but if the boost is dropping, surely it's a mechanical issue?
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Sat, 23 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say thats a normal power figure and maybe u should have done it in 3rd gear thats what we usual put WRX's etc in on the work dyno but being an Auto i dunno, that thing would still get it on look at your torque figure fark me. i would be real happy with that. maybe you should go a single turbo conversion and a aftermarket ECU and fuck ur AFM off.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Sat, 23 July 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank ToyT18. Like I said the car is great...comparing to the first figure which was stock it feel like a new car. But you are right I have to get rid of the Stock ECU and that Pesky restrictive AFM with it if I want more...Just curious how much more can I get with this set up??? I'd be happy with another 35 or so RWKW.Just worried about some gremlins i heard you can get with a Stand alone ECU.

And I sorted the boost...I had the Pressure valve open too much on the Hyper boost controller...as someone advised me here...so its a bit better now...it even chirps in second and trows sideways in the wet...its fun to drive now Evil or Very Mad
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Sat, 23 July 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goody.

OT: Come to the BBQ tomorrow (check out the Vic cruise section) to show it off Smile
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modified 1ggte with 130rwkw..should i be getting more?? Sun, 24 July 2005 06:38 Go to previous message
I would have loved to come but the damn weather is f**cked...so sorry guys but i willl come as soon as their is a next one...love to go for a cruze with all toyota's dominating the road..i keep a watch on that victoria section..thx
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anybody in Tas have some toyota spares laying around??
Next Topic:Removing Burred Nuts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:17:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067200660705566 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.