Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shevchenko888
Occasional Poster

July 2005
parts Q 4agze Wed, 20 July 2005 13:20 Go to next message
hello,just had my ae92 corolla 4agze serviced today.unimpressed as theyhad it all day and all they could do was a standard service.they'ev however found some problems and they said they'll gimme quotes tomorrow.i need the following items:

turbo ducting hose (apparantly sucked in thus making sh1t all boost)
rocker cover gasket (leaking)
sump gasket
rear control arm bushes
exhaust leak directly under sump

are any of these items expensive or hard to source or are a major problem?how much roughly am i looking at including labor?thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: parts Q 4agze Wed, 20 July 2005 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

turbo ducting hose (apparantly sucked in thus making sh1t all boost)

ummm.. which one? the gze uses hard plastic pipeing. turbo?

Quote:

rocker cover gasket (leaking)

JN603 x 2, normaly around ~$12 each. depends if they want to replace the lil seals for the covers studs too, last time i got them was through Toyota, cant remember how much they where. they can be reused with a dap of RTV on them though.

Quote:

sump gasket

doesnt use one, good ol Ultra Grey RTV does a good job of it.

not sure on your control arm bushes and the exhaust leak could be the flange gasket/s? JE015 x 2 normaly around ~$2.70 each.

Quote:

are any of these items expensive or hard to source or are a major problem?how much roughly am i looking at including labor?

they shouldnt be hard to get, most autoparts stores should stock them.
as for labour? well you know that most mechanics will rort you if they can... Wink (sorry, i have a genralised dislike to mechanics after how easy i found it was to work on my car). Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: parts Q 4agze Wed, 20 July 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 06:52

as for labour? well you know that most mechanics will rort you if they can... Wink (sorry, i have a genralised dislike to mechanics after how easy i found it was to work on my car). Smile

so true

none of these things sound particularly time consuming to fix the exhaust leak wouldnt be hard to find with a hoist you should just be able to get it welded up for the time being.

the bushes would take all of 15 mins to replace and the

dont know about the rocet cover gasket but if your car is supercharged and they think it is turbo maybee you might want about taking it to a place that knows what they are talking about
shevchenko888
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: parts Q 4agze Thu, 21 July 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers mate

what exactly is the ducting hose anyway?didnt have time to ask him.i have a FMIC with pipes and the rubber connector hoses if that helps.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: parts Q 4agze Thu, 21 July 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds a bit like someone chasing work!ask for a quote to fix it and post it. they are all things you can do yourself if your a bit handy and or you have handy mates.
mick
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: parts Q 4agze Thu, 21 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous message
yep easy DIY fixes there, as stated above,

witht the "turbo" ducting sucking in, i had this problem sometimes as well, the thing is gze intercooler piping is under vacuum when idling and when ever there is negative manifold pressure,

as the throttle body is before the sc and the intercooler.

all you have to do is move your piping around a little so that the rubber joiners are more supported internally!

thanks
James
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Altezza RS200 Oil
Next Topic:Inlet Air Temps
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 08:59:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040879249572754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.