Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Inlet Air Temps Wed, 01 September 2004 02:29 Go to next message
Just thought I would get people to post up their inlet air temps (if you have the ability to measure this) in comparison to the ambient air temp in which they are driving.

No need to be uber accurate to 5 decimal places or anything. I am just interested to see and I think others may have an interest in this too.

Post up the driving condition too eg cruising at 100km/h, giving it some berries etc.

I will start:

Ambient Temp 20 degrees celsius, Intake temp 22 degrees celsius (taken at WSID after a run)

Cruising: at 60km/h or more (on and off boost) (without long stops at lights etc) it seems to hold inlet temps at about the same as ambient (just fitted an airbox for the pod with 2 x 3 inch feed ducts)

On the track: Ambient temp approx 10 degrees celsius, inlet temps were a degree or two above ambient (this was before the enclosed air box was fitted and doing 20 minute sessions on boost for most of the time).

Post up your info, doesn't matter if it's turbo, SC or naturally aspirated, all info will be good for comparison.

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Inlet Air Temps Wed, 01 September 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to my Delco air intake temp sensor situated in the intake manifold, and readout on the Microtech Laptop software.

Intake temp with air filter here http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/air_filte r.jpg was 65 degC, regardless of driving or idling, and ambient around 20.

Havent had the chance to look at it since installing intake tubing.
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Inlet Air Temps Wed, 01 September 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the supra with a 7MGTE. Ambient bout 23, intake at manifold bout 35 while cruising (100km) While idling and slow driving would probably rise to 40.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2004 06:52]

CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Inlet Air Temps Wed, 01 September 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my last outing at philip island the air temp was mainly 20 degress and the out side was 17c and the 20 is in a airbox the air intake is 400mm off the track thou
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Inlet Air Temps Wed, 01 September 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have one on my current car, but I had an na silvia for a couple of months a year or two ago. I got it down to -2 intake temp at wakefield park at 7am in the middle of winter. Dunno what the ambient temp was but it was friggin cold. That reading was taken at about 80km/hr.

-J-
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Inlet Air Temps Wed, 01 September 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run a RWDified 4AGZE with the stock cooler front mounted and around 10-11psi thanks to a big pulley. Intake never goes near the extractors.

After some serious thrashing (foot flat most of the way around Morwell HIll climb with no room for cooldown laps) intake temps were getting up to 80. Ambient probably 15-20. Time for a better IC.

Never paid much attention under normal driving.

Hen
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Inlet Air Temps Wed, 01 September 2004 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In traffic, driving along at 60km stopping at every red light as you do, with the car running rich as a pig with ambient temps of above 30 deg the inlet temps sat on about 50-55 deg. Though as soon as you got some boost in the car this would drop about 10 deg.
Since fitted a airbox and put the heat sheilding on the turbo and the zorst i had only had cold weather to compare it in, but the inlet to ambient temps in simmilar road conditions on a cold 15 deg night the inlet temps were more like 20 deg.

Cheers Adam
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Inlet Air Temps Wed, 01 September 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the stock CT20, no intercooler and about 18 psi I had repeatable runs of 105deg C in the night time Shocked

Current set up goes to about 40-45deg on the dyno with full load/rpm while tuning.

Day to day driving it stays a few degrees above ambient - except when on the expressway it tends to get down to ambient (that was with the cold air box).
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Inlet Air Temps Thu, 21 July 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought it may be time for an update on this thread.

14 deg ambient temp, giving it some berries (22psi Shocked), inlet temps at manifold were between 25 and 30. I need to work on this. Don't know about cruising yet. As soon as the car was turned off it went to 51deg! On the dyno it was around 50deg also.
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Inlet Air Temps Thu, 21 July 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock mr2 side mount i/c running 12-13psi on stock ct26 turbo cruising at 80k/hr intake temps are about 5-10c above ambient

on boost temps climb up to 30-40c above ambient.

have installed a waterspray system but am still sorting out the control device for it, ie not just a when u hit xPSI turn on the water spray, coz i want the water to hit the intercooler and cool it down BEFORE i hit hi boost. looking a using a timer circuit.

so what is a dangerous intake temp level? 80c?

cheers,
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Inlet Air Temps Thu, 21 July 2005 09:37 Go to previous message
Gt4 - 15psi - frontmount - as low as 9 degrees intake temp measured 10 CM's from throttle body , and around 13 degrees of late cruising -

Will spike to 30 degrees at idle but rapidly comes down whemn moving

No water injection , or water spray on cooler factored in as yet
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:parts Q 4agze
Next Topic:Changing the Track
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 01:57:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079689025878906 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.