Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
birdie
Regular

November 2004
New Car - Toyota/Lexus Tue, 19 July 2005 11:45 Go to next message
I'm thinking getting a new car in the not so distant future, to replace my 97 AE102 Corolla Seca Conquest.

Now I want something a fair bit quicker, more luxury would be good, and more room would be good too. I would prefer to stick to Toyota's or maybe even Lexus (essentially Toyota anyway).

My options I have considered are:
- Camry Sportivo
What 1/4 mile perfomance do the V6s have?
How much is the TRD supercharger kit for it?

- Solara
Can you get these in Australia?

- Celica
What 1/4 mile performance do the latest shape have (the boxy, triangle light shape)
Is there a TRD S/C kit for this? if so how much is it?

- Lexus IS200, mmm Manual RWD Very Happy
What 1/4 mile performance do these have?
Is there a TRD S/C kit for these?

- Lexus IS300
Is there a TRD S/C kit for these?

- Chaser, mmm Turbo RWD
How do the 2.4L I6 Turbo Diesel's go? what 1/4 mile performance do they have?

What other options do I have? And what are your comments on the ones I have mentioned?

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 11:56]

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Tue, 19 July 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IS200 is not at all impressive in a straight line (slow as dog shit really),but it handles very nicely.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Tue, 19 July 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No contest, Chaser no.1 Wink , to my knowledge they run 13.6 standard Surprised.
birdie
Regular

November 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Wed, 20 July 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How strong is the motor in the IS200? Can it be easly turbo'd/Supercharged? The IS200 is nice because its luxury and new Smile What does the IS200 compare to in regards to size in Toyotas? Corolla, Camry?

What about the motor in the Camry how strong is it?

Chaser is nice, but not quite as luxury as the Lexus', but they aren't very common, so I'd have a fairly unique car Very Happy

Is the chaser and the Mark II the same car?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Wed, 20 July 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IS200 has the 1G-FE VVTi (correct me if I'm wrong)
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Wed, 20 July 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The IS200 makes 80-something at the wheels.

With a turbo (can't remember what size, I have the article at home if you're interested) at 7psi, it made close to 130kW.

That should be sufficient for driving around. Not ultra fast, but fast enough to enjoy that beautiful chassis...
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Wed, 20 July 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, thats the AVO kit Nark speaks of, its good for about 150rwkw. TTE do make a supercharger kit for the IS200, makes it 150fly wheel KW, then you can improve upon that. Id go the Tourer V Chaser If i was you.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Wed, 20 July 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SC'd or turbo'd SC400 GT-LTD! Best of both worlds.
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Wed, 20 July 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you considered the Corolla Sportivo?

Same engine as the Celica.

141kw standard.
birdie
Regular

November 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RedLiner wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 09:45

141kw standard.

No I hadn't considered the Corolla Sportivo.

How do they compare in room to my 97 Corolla Seca?

What 1/4 mile do they do stock?

I'm pretty sure there is a TRD S/C kit for them, any idea how much its worth?
birdie
Regular

November 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RedLiner wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 09:45

141kw standard.

No I hadn't considered the Corolla Sportivo.

How do they compare in room to my 97 Corolla Seca?

What 1/4 mile do they do stock?

I'm pretty sure there is a TRD S/C kit for them, any idea how much its worth?
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought mine for around $32000 brand new.

They hold their value pretty well as some used ones i have seen have been going for around $28000.

Standard they do 1/4 mile in about 16.5 secs from memory.

0-100 km/h in 8.4 secs. But sometimes i feel like its much faster than that. I always seem to be exceeding the speed limit in 1st Gear..pain in the ass when you have a 6 speed gearbox.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new corollas look nice, but they just look fat.

no idea of their actual kerb weight, but compared to their predecessors, they look tubby.

Does the sportivo only come in a hatch version or can you get the sedan as well?
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only hatch.

Weighs about 1220kgs.

But with sportivo you get lots of extras that are considered options for other cars..eg standard leather seats, electric windows,airbags,6 stacker cd,climate control.
birdie
Regular

November 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RedLiner wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 10:39

Only hatch.

Weighs about 1220kgs.

But with sportivo you get lots of extras that are considered options for other cars..eg standard leather seats, electric windows,airbags,6 stacker cd,climate control.

Hmm, those options sound nice Very Happy especially the leather seats Very Happy

Do they have a sunroof as an option at all?

I think my 97 corolla seca is about 1100kgs but mine doesn't have any body kit or anything.

How do they compare space wise to the 97 Corolla Seca? Mine's a bit lacking in space, hence why I was considering a Camry Sportivo rather than another Corolla.

Hmm, I just saw they do about a 16.1 stock. I wonder how much it would cost to get them down to a low 15?
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plenty of room...i have comfortably fit 3 people in the back.

No sunroof as they told me that the roof flexes when going around corners so by putting in a sunroof could cause holes in the long term and all the water would come in.
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got take it for a test drive...and make sure u take it past or at least up to 7000rpm.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaser tourer V 1JZ goodness with plenty of room for improvement

can see 200rwkw with just intercooler and exhaust

enough said really
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that 2zz-ge engine is fairly revvy is it?

RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Redline at around 8200rpm.

birdie
Regular

November 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, I was just looking at the Toyota Site, and it appears that the Camry Sportivo doesn't have an option of leather seats? Confused But they do have a sunroof as an option pack.

It appears to have 147kw and 380Nm of Touque. But I can't find anywhere with the 400m time.

Hmm, I wonder if there is a TRD S/C kit for the Camry Sportivo?

Also any idea what the Camry's redline is?

8200 is a pretty nice redline in the corolla Very Happy
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry redline about 6100rpm.

Corolla Sportivo is the only one of the sportivo range that differs from the base model. (if that makes sense)

ie larger brake callipers, exhaust, engine, suspension.

Echo sportivo and Camry sportivo only have the different suspension and the body kit from the base model.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasent there in japan a limited edition corolla 4wd and a yaris(echo)turbocharged?
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few years ago...i think around 2001 toyota brought out a sportivo corolla with turbo. It was bought out specifically for the australian market. This was a bit of a dud as it didnt do much with sales...or performance..(i think it only produced 110 kw with the turbo).

In japan you would expect them to have some kind of turbo version of a corolla or even an echo. Wouldnt surprise me.
Obsessed
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Thu, 21 July 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey Birdie,

I have an IS200 2000 model Motor which I am selling. Forged internals,big valves head work, big turbo it comes complete with everything intercooler, exhaust, computer(haltech) 6Speed gearbox and i'll even throw in a brand new TRD LSD in the box. This motor has done about 15000kay. Any test welcome.

Everything from the front of the radiator to the rear of the gearbox.

Reason for sale is I have replaced it with a 2JZ.

This motor produced 250rwkw on pump fuel and I belive it has more in it.

Even if you are not interested dont let the power of the 1GFE put you off as it can be increased like any motor.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2005 07:12]

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Fri, 22 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my olds have the v6 sportivo, its not impressive, resonably torquiy but thats all i have to say about it. and shit loads of space in it. i would never ever call it sports its family car only. however they do handle quite well for a large heavy car
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Fri, 22 July 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definately not a sports car. Heaps of torque down low, but everything happens below 3,000rpm. There's nothing past that.

I think the limiter is set at 7,000rpm or so?

Suspension is really soft. It rolls heaps.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Fri, 22 July 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birdie wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 11:53

Hmm, I was just looking at the Toyota Site, and it appears that the Camry Sportivo doesn't have an option of leather seats? Confused But they do have a sunroof as an option pack.

It appears to have 147kw and 380Nm of Touque. But I can't find anywhere with the 400m time.

Hmm, I wonder if there is a TRD S/C kit for the Camry Sportivo?

Also any idea what the Camry's redline is?

8200 is a pretty nice redline in the corolla Very Happy

Which one of your facts do you actually wanna get right, The camry sportivo has 145kw and 284Nm of torque (err what NA 3.0l in basic form produces 380Nm of torque Razz ), TRD does make a supercharger kit for the 1MZ-fe think about the TS-01 concept car what did it use, and it only produces 180kw and 320Nm of torque.
As for the redline one post down i think you'll find it 6.5kprm.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Fri, 22 July 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Obsessed wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 17:08

Hey Birdie,

I have an IS200 2000 model Motor which I am selling. Forged internals,big valves head work, big turbo it comes complete with everything intercooler, exhaust, computer(haltech) 6Speed gearbox and i'll even throw in a brand new TRD LSD in the box. This motor has done about 15000kay. Any test welcome.

Everything from the front of the radiator to the rear of the gearbox.

Reason for sale is I have replaced it with a 2JZ.

This motor produced 250rwkw on pump fuel and I belive it has more in it.

Even if you are not interested dont let the power of the 1GFE put you off as it can be increased like any motor.

Aren't you happy with 250rwkW?!?!
beerbaron
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Mon, 25 July 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this here may interest you

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx ?UsedCarID=933771&TabID=3328&Alias=carpoin tau

supercharged is200 mmmm

imho
if your wanting to do some mods to your car as well i would go for the is200,beautiful rwd chassis just screaming out for more power
and its luxury of course Wink

the is300 has that extra power, and weight and only comes in auto form ( 5 speed auto ) and costs more of course

buy a low km used is200 and spend 8 - 10k on a turbo kit for it.
150kw at the rear wheels would certainly make that lexus go and thats a low boost of around 7 ,8psi..

If however you dont want to mod your car and buy it as is
then the corolla sportivo is fairly good choice, definite hot hatch or a chaser...
birdie
Regular

November 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Mon, 25 July 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beerbaron wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 11:52

this here may interest you

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx ?UsedCarID=933771&TabID=3328&Alias=carpoin tau

supercharged is200 mmmm

imho
if your wanting to do some mods to your car as well i would go for the is200,beautiful rwd chassis just screaming out for more power
and its luxury of course Wink

the is300 has that extra power, and weight and only comes in auto form ( 5 speed auto ) and costs more of course

buy a low km used is200 and spend 8 - 10k on a turbo kit for it.
150kw at the rear wheels would certainly make that lexus go and thats a low boost of around 7 ,8psi..

If however you dont want to mod your car and buy it as is
then the corolla sportivo is fairly good choice, definite hot hatch or a chaser...

Mmm, looks good.

Yeah I would like to do a few mods to the car, but not major mods though.

If I could get a IS200 with the Beams 3SGE, that would be what I'd get.
beerbaron
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Mon, 25 July 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish too that i could get an is200 with the beams 3sge engine
however since it never sold in Oz, it would be difficult to enginner one
they were sold in NZ as the genuine Toyota Altezza RS200 ,
150kw is mighty fine for me but it needs to be revved big time to make it go ( not a nice spread of torque )

im saving up for my mods for the is200
not sure if i want TTE supercharger,turbo kit or the ultimate 1jz conversion
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Mon, 25 July 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err there was one for sale a month back on car point for 32k and it claimed to be a genuine altezza, brought in with the one that did targa Very Happy
beerbaron
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Mon, 25 July 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well u certainly cant import them for road use
unless it was a conversion....
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Mon, 25 July 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope said it wasn't a conversion in the ad and it was registered for on road usage.
beerbaron
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Tue, 26 July 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
private import then ?
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Tue, 26 July 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birdie wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 10:56

Hmm, I just saw they do about a 16.1 stock. I wonder how much it would cost to get them down to a low 15?

They will do mid 15's to low 16's stock depending on the driver. See Screaminrolla for what is needed to go sub 15. Also visit au.toyotaownersclub.com/corolla for info on the Sportivo

BTW mine dyno'd 115kW at the fronts.. stock

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 07:31]

Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: New Car - Toyota/Lexus Wed, 17 August 2005 09:55 Go to previous message
For the record there are a handful of privately imported RS200's in Australia, all ADR approved. I've only come across manuals so far. The one for sale would have been owned by Neil Bates Motorsport (read: Toyota Australia). They are reportedly looking at a 1UZ conversion on one of their house IS200's at present.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone got 7mgte video/sound files
Next Topic:NSW: number plate storage & retrieval
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 07:27:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071659088134766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.