Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 08:55 Go to next message
Hey guys,

i know this isnt really the car forum to ask as noone ever seems to have money Razz jks

For those with loans, who is it with, whats the intrest like, how much (just an approximate) and what are the repayments like for you (hard, easy, 400, 500, 600 a month etc)

Its just im shopping around for a loan and just wanted some ideas of where to try

THanks guys
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to pay for my conversion i got a 5 grand loan and put about 5 out of my own pocket and a further 2 out of my pocket for respray
I earn 400 after tax a week which is shit but my mates mum got me the loan over 5 yrs.. which equates to 26 dollars a week.. you barely even realise ur repaying a loan!
was with bendigo bank aswell
what sum you looking at borrowing?
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking at buying an s15 silvia/200sx.

im looking at borrowing around 20-25g but i only earn 400 a week Confused hence y i wanna know if people on higher incomes struggle?. Im a 2nd year apprentice by the time i would get tha car (end of this year) and would be earning more than 400 but so far repayments look to be around the 120 - 150 a week mark, which i feel i can repay as i dont spend much money as it is
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I work for CBA so of course I'm gonna plug their loans Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Depands on your credit rating etc, but you can possibly borrow $10,000 over 1-7 years. Repayments depend on current interest rate, but there are no early repayment fees or anything.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can tell you right now.. your not gonna get it
earning too low
they wont see that u can afford 150 a week
they will say u need 300 bucks a week to live.. and 100 for saving and loan or something like that
the LEAST they will give to you on living expenses depending on bank is around 1000 a month
how old are you?
how much do you have saved?
how much of your income do you put away a week(avg or exact ammount that happens every week?)
and last of all.. shame for not getting a toyota Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But how old are you? What about insurance?

I would advise you against borrowing that much when that's what you earn (don't mean that to sound rude). They will look at things like your weekly earnings etc against their own average figures for expenses etc.

I'm not sure if they will even lend that much as a first loan (I'm assuming it is your first loan.)

Perhaps you could look into going through a finance company such as AGC as it will be secured against the car, so if things go bad and you cannot pay, they will just reposess it and recover their money via auctioning the vehicle.

Cheers,

Jeremy.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why get rid of a nice ma70 for one of them
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that, you will need to have a few grand in your account and have a consistent transaction history blah blah blah........

Sorry dude, but I think you are pretty high risk from what I can gather for a bank etc to lend money to Crying or Very Sad

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i want to know is why you get about $400 a week on a first year apprenticeship yet i get just over $200 after tax Sad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put it this way
i was HIGH RISK
i only got it pushed through for 5 cause my mates mum who is a loans consultant pushed it through like all hell(it even said rejected and she changed it)
i was earning atleast 400 after tax.. sometimes more..
i had 3000 in my bank saving 300 a week
i had receipts for everything i spent about 6 grand on before that.
been in my job 2.5 yrs
had a letter from manager saying i was guaranteed 36 hrs a week..
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really?
a friend of mine got a $6000 personal loan(maybe more) over 5 years, he was earning $300ish before tax, casual job(his only job that he'd had for 2 years)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long ago was that?.. they have seemed to get alot stricker lately
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok...

1. I aint a mechanic, im in the printing game and olds own the company so better $$$

2. Got around 15k in the bank, maybe more pending sale of my car

3. Know a few bank managers quite weel + people who used to work high up in the bank

4. Job Security - Olds arent gonna fire me nor is my brother unless i go crazy n stuff everything up

5. Been working there for last 2.5 years

6. Only ever spend around 150 a week, can prove it with bank statements

7. im 20 Confused but i dont care on insurance etc as it will be through company and i pay $2500 for my MA70 neway n they said they will just transfer the rate to the s15

ok, there, now what do you think, do i still have NO chance of getting a loan?
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If a bank won't help you.

Check out www.autoge.com.au they could be an alternative for you, yes interest rate would be higher then a bank, but that's how they make their money.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, if you know bank managers, I would talk to them and see what they can do for you on a more personal level.

From what you have listed, if you do this, I would say you actually have quite a good chance!

Good luck,

Jeremy.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thanks, i hope i get a good chance cos damn i want one Very Happy

i was thinking bout the new supra but they are too heavy!!!!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 24 June 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know your current supra is gonna be faster than a 200sx right?
plus its a hell of a lot more torquey
you sound pretty secure.. the onyl thing as i said will be your earnings
most banks rely on loan people not even in that bank(in one of their head offices or whatever) to do the loan things..
what bank are you with?
when i went ffor my loan i was told that you had to earnat least 700 a fortnight before they would even look at you!
will your parents go guarantor?
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Fri, 25 June 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It may be slower now, but the s15 will feel faster and when im done with it it will be faster, i want it more for a drift/street/circuit car.

Um yeah olds will go garantor i think, that should help me out a bit shouldnt it?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Fri, 25 June 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depending on the bank, yes
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Sat, 26 June 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used CBA. I am 21 & working full-time. What I did was set the loan term to 7 years(ick!), which lowers the monthly repayments(bear in mind this increases the overall interest you pay on the loan). What I do is every month when the bank takes out the minimum amount I put an extra $500 towards the loan, which means I pay the loan off in 11 months instead of 7 years, but if I get sick and cant work, or loose my job or something the repayments are bearable. I had $8000 in assets, which probably helped my cause too.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 June 2004 00:22]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Sat, 26 June 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah.. i had about 20k in assets
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Sat, 26 June 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
assets mean very little if the bank thinks you're not earning enough to pay back the loan - as much as people bitch about banks repossessing stuff, the last thing a bank really wants is a crapload of assets they have to try and sell off.
Having a high disposable income (minimal expenses) will help, but on $400 a week, any bank is going to ask osme pretty serious questions about a $20k loan, esp for a 20yo. Even with a guarantor, that could be challenging.
fwiw, I got my loan with teacher's credit union - cant remember the rates, but they have great redraw facilities, good interest rates, I think I'm paying back ~$100 a fortnight. (only a $8k loan tho - I hate being in debt)
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Sun, 27 June 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got $5000 over 5 years and I only earn about $260 per week after tax, pay 11.5% interest p.a....no early exit fee (can pay it off whenever i like), it's unsecured, I'm a full-time student/part time pizza maker (have been in that job for over 3 years) and I didn't have any trouble getting it at all.

Only had about $80 in my bank account and $6000 worth of car as my assets.

I of course have very low expenses (live with parents) so that can be a big help.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Sun, 27 June 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having gotten up to my arse in debt, I would strongly suggest that you deal with cash only, or at most a small personal loan like $5k just to finish off the purchase.

Remember that if you get secured finance you MUST have it comprehensively insured. In my line of work, I see people all the time signing contracts on finance, and contracts to buy cars - then not being able to afford insurance. You can have your car reposessed and you can also technically be bankrupted if you void the terms of your secured loan.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Sun, 27 June 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why i went for unsecured personal loan
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Sun, 27 June 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep.

I would probably work on an unsecured loan of no more than $5k or (say) a third of your car's value, whichever is higher. Any more than that and it's getting a bit sketchy. Always keep yourself in a position where you can sell your car and end up well clear of the zero mark.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Sun, 27 June 2004 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit OT here, but:
1. thug_immortal, how much are you gonna sell your car for? Is it manual? Very Happy
2. A MA70 is faster than a S15? Power to weight wise an S15 shits all over a MA70... Am I wrong? It seems insane that something that has 106kw per KG is quicker than something that has 142kw per KG. Am I wrong?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 28 June 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope that kW/tonne not kW/kg Very Happy
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 28 June 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 28 June 2004 02:18

A bit OT here, but:
1. thug_immortal, how much are you gonna sell your car for? Is it manual? Very Happy
2. A MA70 is faster than a S15? Power to weight wise an S15 shits all over a MA70... Am I wrong? It seems insane that something that has 106kw per KG is quicker than something that has 142kw per KG. Am I wrong?

Maybe a stock ma70 is slower than a stock s15, but thug_immortal's car looks a bit far from stock. Manufactuer's power figures, power-to-weight figures mean stuff all, it's the 0-100km/h and 0-400m times that are probably more important.

Still, when it's modified vs modified who knows??????
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 28 June 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he'll miss the torque
its 2 cyl up and 1000cc on the nissan
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 28 June 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 200sx and an MA71 with the basic exhaust/boost filter should run similar times, the 200sx may be a touch faster. The MA71 will be a lot nicer around town though.

Stock the 200sx would piss all over an MA71.
paul_c_2002
Regular

March 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Tue, 29 June 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Myself and 3 mates all got $12 000 loans at around the same time. I'm a 1st year electrician and get $380 a week. my loans set at 5 years and i only have to repay about $266 a month. When i got my loan i had only been working for 4 months. My advice would be at the Commonwealth. Thats who we all went through and had no probs at all. Smiley =
hope this helps

thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Tue, 29 June 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your imput guys, its really appreciated.

I have never raced the new 200sx in my car so i dont know how it would fare, i just hate the fact that the MA70 feels so heavy (cause it is!). Im looking to get a newer (less than 5yrs old) and dont want to sacrifice power. My budget is aroud 25-30k. I just like the look of the s15 and it doesnt take much to get them to haul ass, and get them kicking oput sideways for a bit of fun. I miss my sprinter so the 215 being easy to set up for dorifto is exciting to say the least.

As for the loan, im unsure as to what i will do... I know i can repay a 30k loan no worries, have been bufgeting etc for the past year to make sure i can do it, (i saved 10g in 8 months) its just i dont wanna outlay the money straight up and have no money to live with hence the loan, im thinking of borrowing maybe half the money, and if i cant get the financial institutions to lend me the money, i may have to get my brother/olds to take out the loan and just repay that.

I just wanted to know what you guys would do and that you have answered, thanks alot Smile

Cheers,
Scott
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Tue, 29 June 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did u save 10 grand in 8 months.. that means ur montly
spent 10k or whatever u have saved on lightenning ma70 Razz
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Tue, 29 June 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huh?

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Tue, 29 June 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u spent whatever u have saved on making the ma70 weigh less.. with power it has.. it would murder
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Tue, 29 June 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, yeah i know, but its a 16yr old car!!!!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Wed, 30 June 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mines 20yr old.. id still rather it than anything else
its faster.. handles better and suits my taste
its basically a new car anyway
engine transplant.. all new suspension.. all interior is being redone..
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 29 July 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I''m also thinking of getting a loan, I earn $664 a week after tax, and only want 10k at the most but don't think I'll get it as although I get 48hrs a week its casual and I've been at the job only 2 months so I don't like my chances.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 29 July 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what r the chances of getting a loan if u r totatly debt free
BUT i got default listed once cuz i didn't understand how my mobile fone bill worked.
I've got a reasonably high disposable income and have alot of money in the bank and I own a few shares in things (After the default listing i decided for every $1 a make 50 cents of it goes in the bank).
If it makes any difference my boss will write a letter to the bank/credit union.
?
I no being 19 my chances are slim but my parents will go guarantor for me if they need to and they have a good credit rating with assets and that stuff .
Can anybody point me in the right direction ?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 29 July 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just got a personal loan through my bank last week. was heaps simple to how i thought it would be. i got an unsecured one as i wanted cash to bargain with for a new car. i took it over 5 years (though i hope to pay it sooner) and pay a minimum of $300.90 a month.
the only assets i have are the feral and my clothes and the old stereo i own. oh, and TV. Smile
i have only been in full time work for 9 or so months. and i got it.. Shocked

i am 32 though (if that makes any difference?) and i did pay a car finance loan off years ago and have never had any bad debts (well other than a couple shitty telstra deals, but who hasnt had them. Rolling Eyes ), so my credit rating must of been ok.

Malicia, i want your pay... Shocked mine over 200 less than that a week. Sad

i miss working in the mines.....
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Fri, 30 July 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run my arse off for chubb 12hrs a night Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Fri, 30 July 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 22:44

i just got a personal loan through my bank last week. was heaps simple to how i thought it would be. i got an unsecured one as i wanted cash to bargain with for a new car. i took it over 5 years (though i hope to pay it sooner) and pay a minimum of $300.90 a month.
the only assets i have are the feral and my clothes and the old stereo i own. oh, and TV. Smile
i have only been in full time work for 9 or so months. and i got it.. Shocked

i am 32 though (if that makes any difference?) and i did pay a car finance loan off years ago and have never had any bad debts (well other than a couple shitty telstra deals, but who hasnt had them. Rolling Eyes ), so my credit rating must of been ok.

Malicia, i want your pay... Shocked mine over 200 less than that a week. Sad

i miss working in the mines.....

i do think ur age helps alot lol
if the bank saw what my loan helped me pay for... hehe
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 27 June 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to drag up an old thread..

Im looking at financing about 10-12K to finance my second car aka daily driver (Ive always dreamed of a JZ/UZZ30 as my ride so this is the direction i want to go), while i take my MA70 off the road and start ripping her apart to rebuild her (1JZ and all). I cant have it off the road for more than a week because my line of work doesn't permit me to do that and i need my car to get around with in the meantime.

heres my problem.

i have just cleared a number of shitty defaults on my credit file.. all except one is cleared and this one black mark is in dispute at the moment because its a debt telstra factored off that never existed in the first place. so hopefully it wont be too long before this is removed and im totally in the clear..

now ive been searching around. as ive had a few defaults, despite the fact theyve been paid off, i hear the banks dont want to even talk to people like me. so ive been talking to people like esanda, ge, blah blah and i generally get the same thing.. "oh its an import. no, for that we require a 40% deposit and 4 year term.." or "oh its more than 7 years old? no we cant do that".

so that brings me to the question, who do i go talk to now? i dont want to get locked into something for 4 years. 2 tops.. i only want 10-12K anyway, yes it will have to be secured, i understand that.. but insurance is a problem as most insurance agencies wont insure imports/cars over 15yo/people with criminal records, and in this case, two of those affect me. just car wont insure me because i have been convicted of something in the last ten years when i was a juvenile.. (im 26 now). so who should i be talking to?

edit: fyi i have worked the same job for 20 months and i cleared 39.5K last financial year..

help!

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 09:08]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 27 June 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you tried going through any brokers? Some of those blokes can work miracles.

There are brokers for getting loans, and there are brokers for getting insurance. I don't know any loan brokers offhand, but these guys helped me out a while back with car insurance:

Insurance Australia Broking Pty Limited
1300 366 085
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 27 June 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you were convicted as a juvenile, your record should be cleaned, shouldn't it?

and just go for a personal loan, with no penalty for making more than the required repayments. I did this, because the car I was buying was 15+ years old. that way it doesn't really matter what you're buying it for - you could list it as "large collection of sex aids to start up erotic fantasy studio" or some such. on 30+k for 20 months, a $10k loan shouldn't be too hard to get (but the banks, as you know, will not touch you with a 10 foot pole, any previous loan defaults makes them not like you)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 27 June 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Ae86slut i realise you work with CBA but do you have any banking with Gateway credit union which was set up by CBA for employers and family, man it rocks for loans and atm i have 50 sitting in an account so that once i want to go for a car loan i will get one with them.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 27 June 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be, but its technically under 10 years still so theyll still hold it against me regardless. theyre an insurance company at the end of the day..

maybe i might try the broker path. what does this usually cost to hire a broker to look?
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 27 June 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why get a loan for any more than 5k? It's ridiculous to loan 15k for a car that will take 5 years to pay off, cost you more like 18-20k by the time you have paid off the loan, and be worth 5-10k by the time it is paid off...
Better off just buying an old bomb and saving up the cash to buy something you really like. You'll also end up with something far newer and better, rather than just getting up to your eyeballs in debt trying to impress your mates with what is really just a means of getting from A to B.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Mon, 27 June 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha man, i dunno how i pulled it off, but a i got a $5k loan for a laptop, i was on the dole at the time, and had no previous work history behind me.

Now i make enough bieng an IT guy sitting on the internet all day looking busy, that i will only save up real money and buy outright. Debt is bastard. Just stay out of debt all together i tell you.

That $5000 laptop i buaght is already obsolete, and i built another one the same for $700 not long after from parts on ebay.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Tue, 28 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
debt wouldnt phase me much for 10-12K.. like the commissions i make alone in the year would enable me to literally pay off a loan that size easily in 1 year.. any more though and id be a bit narky.. i obviously dont want to stay in the shit too long because it will detract me from my real purpose which is taking te poopra off the road to do the 1JZ + R154 + Complete respray inside and out..
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 21 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*

which providers should i be looking at for a 5K loan to fund my JZ conversion? a personal loan obviously.. who offers a good deal?
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Perosnal/Car Loans Thu, 21 July 2005 02:00 Go to previous message
If you cant seem to get money, change the purpose of the loan from car/personal to investment/shares/managed fund

I promise they will at least reconsider your loan if not grant it, worked for my brother whos probably has one of the worst credit ratings !!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:www.visionr.com.au
Next Topic:Chaser for sale?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:05:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072839260101318 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.