Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Speed Demon
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Thu, 21 July 2005 03:10 Go to next message
Hey,

Check out my car's details here:

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2474253&current_r ec=5&used_rec=1&total_rec=7&sort_type= &total_rec=7&sort_type=&make_id=8& model_id=20&state_id=7&search_distance=25& amp; amp; amp;year_min=1987&year_max=1987&cs_trans_i d=2

Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 12:14]

Send a private message to this user    
Speed Demon
Regular

May 2002
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Thu, 11 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have pics up there now as well. Let me know what you all think.
Speed Demon
Regular

May 2002
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Sun, 28 August 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What am I doing wrong?!? I've had not one single call for my car. Is it that it's too old, too pricey? Does no one love these old cars anymore Crying or Very Sad
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Sun, 28 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speed Demon wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 14:01

too pricey?

Speed Demon
Regular

May 2002
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Sun, 28 August 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I thought it might be a bit pricey for it's age...but in my defence it is the best looking Seca around (even if I say so myself..no bias hehehe).

What would be a more reasonable price then, keeping in mind all the extras, and redone interior, etc.?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Sun, 28 August 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you dont get any interest why not just drop the price down each week/forthnight/month etc...

also tried twincam.org?

Speed Demon
Regular

May 2002
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Tue, 30 August 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what I've been doing...but I'm reluctant to keep going lower because I've spent a lot of time and money on my car, and it would be nice to sell it for at least what I bought it for (I know it's not likely).

Thanks for the tip, it's on twincam.org now.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Tue, 30 August 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the thing about cars... its hard to get your money back...
pr*duct
Regular

April 2005
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Tue, 30 August 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God yellow ughhh...

Nicely done exterior... nicely done with the dropping and the dump pipe.
pr*duct
Regular

April 2005
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Tue, 30 August 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also think about who's going to buy this car.
Maybe a family might buy this car as a second runabout.. but they're not going to want to go for that interior.

If a young kid looks to buy this ride he or she is not going to pay 5200 when they could get a celica bordering on late 90's or an aw11 mr2 for that kind of cash....
MattHothatchboy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Tue, 30 August 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it's to much for a 87 Seca. I think it's a big ask for more than 3K. And most enthusiast's prefer the "flat back model" which is more aestheticlly pleasing. The tinted tail lights are illegal and the car has heaps of km's. Has it been reconditioned? Go to a dealer and ask how much they would trade it in for then try to sell it for at least 500 more.
Da GiZZY
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Wed, 31 August 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the price its going at with the engine in it...its a rip off...around the $3000 is more like it
ae82-20valve
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Wed, 31 August 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are asking way too much...

And no offense but that interior is awful.

Maybe try $4000..even then pushing it.
Speed Demon
Regular

May 2002
Re: FOR SALE: Immaculate AE82 Twin-Cam Seca (MELB) Wed, 31 August 2005 04:04 Go to previous message
Tinted back lights aren't illegal unless you can't see the red lights when braking.

Some people love the interior, other's don't...it's up to personal taste really...that's why I am aiming to sell this to a younger driver. However if I was to do it again, I wouldn't go for yellow because it drops the amount of people that are interested.

The head of the engine has been reconditioned a little while ago, but I agree the engine has done a lot of k's...but considering it's age I think it's pretty normal. It still runs very smoothly and I've never had any problems with it.

At the moment I don't care too much if it doesn't sell...when I get my SX back then I will start to get worried Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:for sale:cheap: almost complete 3tgte 1972 ta22.modified heaps
Next Topic:SALE withdrawn-please delete
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 00:27:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066909790039062 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.