Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Thu, 21 July 2005 03:11 Go to next message
I've just had a conversation with a gent here in Perth who has tracked down the original suppliers of the ST205 GT4 Group A Rallye plaques fitted to the console of the 77 cars originally sold by Toyota Australia. He and I are both in the same situation - owners of an ST205 with a misisng plaque, so he's organising a remake of the plaques - is anyone else interested in a plaque? The aim of this thread is to alert all other ST205 owners also missing plaques, and those people who have an affiliation with an ST205 - the more plaques produced, the cheaper it will be. Want a plaque with a certain number on it - now it can be done. Out of respect for the 77 owners of the locally produced cars, I'd suggest those wanting plaques for other cars choose numbers from 78 onwards (at the end of the day the knowledge that Toyota only sold 77 is widespread and very public, and the VIN won't match up to a GT4 anyway!), or simply use a word - HYBRID should prove popular!

Those of you interested in a plaque, please email me directly on limeglaze@hotmail.com , price will be around $75.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2005 03:19]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Thu, 21 July 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might want to post a picture of what they look like.

Maybe I should get one for my TA Very Happy
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Thu, 21 July 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.tangcla.com/car/plaque.jpg

All you need to work out is what to replace the number "77" with?!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Thu, 21 July 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the Hybrid theory is a good thing

thats what im doing on my st185 group A plates and id tags ( i already have the blanks ) to distinguish it from the limited editions , so not to confuse my DIY group A with the straight from factory items
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Thu, 21 July 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Replied! This sounds wicked.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Mon, 25 July 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should be able to source these from Toyota. For the GrpA 185 Toyota hold a spare interior plaque which can be ordered FREE OF CHARGE upon supply of the appropriate VIN No. etc. I assume the same would be true for the 205.

If it's not a genuine aussie delivered GrpA 205 then why bother? Just another ricer mod??
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Mon, 25 July 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The past owner of my car and a few others have been quoted around $1000 to have this replaced by toyota so thats not really an option.

Clint did you get my email? Put me down for #22

Cheers
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Mon, 25 July 2005 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 12:55

You should be able to source these from Toyota. For the GrpA 185 Toyota hold a spare interior plaque which can be ordered FREE OF CHARGE upon supply of the appropriate VIN No. etc. I assume the same would be true for the 205.

If it's not a genuine aussie delivered GrpA 205 then why bother? Just another ricer mod??

I have indeed got this replacement plaque for my group A from Toyota Australia it cost me the grand total of, wait for it 0 dollars and .00 cents Very Happy

My advices is ring Toyota Australia first and see what they say seeing as I thought it was a long shot when I asked if they could get a replacement for my missing plaque.

Hope you all have fun and good luck with your cars

YGT

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques Wed, 27 July 2005 06:17 Go to previous message
Someone is pulling your pud then as it's a free service offered by Toyota. Don't dick around with some loser dealer trying to put on a mark up, go straight to Toyota Australia.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I am complete.
Next Topic:AE86 Sprinters!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 11:44:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066370964050293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.