Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Tue, 07 June 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump again...
  Send a private message to this user    
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Tue, 07 June 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And another bump from me Surprised
Will keep an eye out Wink
http://www13.plala.or.jp/red_na6ce/event/2005_0320/et-ty-corona-c.jpg
Will have more scans soon! Smile
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sun, 17 July 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump.
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Tue, 19 July 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man. Good taste in cars! I've got a 1976 Toyopet Corona GT2000. I've been lookin' around the 'net for info on this car for years. Nuthin' but parts sellers. I've had this car since '82, when I imported it with the military. I've always loved the old toyotas with the factory multi-carb setups. What really blew me away was when I first saw the FACTORY MANUAL CHOKE! In 1976, there was nothing this droolworthy here in the U.S.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Tue, 19 July 2005 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A GT 2000! Shocked Awesome!

Show us some pics!!! Very Happy

Is it a four door or a two door? There is another guy on this forum with a genuine four door 1973 Corona GT.

Cheers,
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Tue, 19 July 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just found the link to the GT four door I mentioned above:

http://members.datafast.net.au/~sg4/CORONAGT.htm
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Tue, 19 July 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My GT is nearly identical to the one shown on your avatar. I bought this car in Okinawa in '82, and then shipped it back in '83. I was actually looking for just this car...a GT2000 corona. And they were pretty rare and hard to find, even back then. Because the dollar/yen ratio was so favorable back then, I only paid about $1900 for the car with only 12K Kilometers on it. (it was 400,000 yen) Man, getting a car from Japan is so nice, because usually the condition is excellent. Mine had 3 sets of floor mats on the floor when I bought it! That interior was mint! And the outside was excellent as well. Anyhow, I drove it to work for years (80 miles one-way) and it will do 200 KPH. That 18RG loves to rev, even if it is the low compression version. It's got a non-LSD 4:11 rear end, but it still doesn't really shine unless it's on a freeway. Kinda doggy around town. Also, it's got a rear swaybar, but the handling isn't anything to write home about. So I lowered the hell out of it, (like 1/4 inch off the bump stop) and now it doesn't lean, cuz it CAN'T lean. Also, the 7000 RPM redline is pretty cool for that era. The only problem I've ever had is that those Mikuni carbs' booster venturis come loose and the engine runs like crap. Hafta get under the hood and tighten 'em up. I've blown so many people's minds on the freeway when I downshift it from 5th to 3rd and nail it. That's what it's all about. I don't know how to send my pics with that 100KB limit...mine are about 185KB each.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Wed, 20 July 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a really interesting story! I locve these cars and I've been scouring the 'net for years for info and pics on them. Most people don't know what the heck they are. Thankfully I have found a few people around that appreciate them.

The hardtop bodystyle was never sold in Oz. So I'd settle for ANY hardtop of that shape. If it wasn't a GT I would turn it into a GT replica myself. In fact a US market Corona SR-5 HT would be interesting, with Left Hand Drive being so rare here. What would a tidy one fetch in LA? Smile

At the moment I have pretty much given up on finding an RT11# in Aus. So I have put in an offer on a 1969 RT72 Corona MarkII 1900SL hardtop just this week. But I'd still prefer an RT11# any day.

Do you still drive your GT daily, or is a weekend only car now?

For hosting pics I use http://www.photobucket.com You can set up an account there for free (no SPAM yet) and upload your pics. Then just paste the image link in this forum.

Looking forward to seeing some pics soon!!

Cheers,
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Wed, 20 July 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gt2000 wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 09:10

I bought this car in Okinawa in '82, and then shipped it back in '83. I was actually looking for just this car...a GT2000 corona. And they were pretty rare and hard to find, even back then. Because the dollar/yen ratio was so favorable back then, I only paid about $1900 for the car with only 12K Kilometers on it. (it was 400,000 yen) Man, getting a car from Japan is so nice,

Um - how do you drive this in the US? I though RHD cars were illegal, or did you convert it to LHD? Confused
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 21 July 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No way! RHD cars are legal and super cool here in the U.S. As a matter of fact, our mail trucks are RHD so the mailcarrier can deposit mail easily in the boxes. And when those trucks are old, the U.S. Govt auctions them off. If you've ever driven a LHD car in Australia, you'll probably find it's a bitch to turn right with oncoming traffic, 'cuz you'll be on the left side of the car. I'm actually kind of surprised they ARE legal here, because of danger of left turns. The big obstacles to bringing a car here is a) safety and b) smog compliance. If you try to bring a car here that was never imported here, it can be complicated, because there's no crash data, etc. Like a Nissan Silvia (240SX here), that's easier, but say, a later model Skyline could be a nightmare. A 1971 Skyline, probably easy, 'cuz no safety(maybe glass)or smog controls.
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 21 July 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to that photobucket site and my pics are there under "MyCammer". I'll have to dig up more, I have more.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 21 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Pics:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/MyCammer/76GTfront.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/MyCammer/76GTrear.jpg

Looks quite tidy and original. I'd love to own that!! Very Happy

Why the black front panels? Work in progress?
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 21 July 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was a case of....a few too many beers on a rainy night. Fortunately, no structural damage and my friend who worked at a Toyota parts dept. was able to order all the correct fenders, hood and mirrors. The accident wasn't bad at all, I just didn't want any bondo or anything, since the new parts were still available.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 21 July 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You did well to score the correct JDM parts in the US!!! I know of a guy on another forum who canot get decent front fenders for his US market 1977 hardtop anywhere!

I've driven an LHD Beetle here in Oz. Overtaking was scary, and every time I wanted to change gear I would reach out with the worng hand and grab the window winder instead. Laughing

Do you ever see any US market Corona SR-5's of the same shape anymore?
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 21 July 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gt2000 wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 09:10

Also, it's got a rear swaybar, but the handling isn't anything to write home about. So I lowered the hell out of it, (like 1/4 inch off the bump stop) and now it doesn't lean, cuz it CAN'T lean.

Hey gt2000, I'm surprised that the handling comes in for some criticism, given the propensity of very bad handling domestic land yachts in your country. Laughing Laughing

I mean that model Corona was one of the best handling Japanese cars at the time it came out (although the ride was firm) and the GT versions were beefed up even more. I would have imagined that compared to most contemporary 1970's cars that were not European, a Corona GT would be quite a decent handler. Of course if you comparing it to a recent MR2 or Supra or any other modern car, then of course any deficiencies will be more glaring. Embarassed

Still, very nice to see a genuine GT hardtop running around in a country on the wrong side of the road where it was never originally sold Razz Razz and hopefully shocking the locals cruising in their Detroit iron as that 18RG hits 7000 rpm whilst overtaking them Laughing Cool

In the state of New South Wales where I live (bnicho is in Victoria so the rules may be a bit different), left hand drive cars could only be driven on public roads with a one year permit and a sign on the back. In most cases this suited cars that were shipped to Australia temporarily by travellers or embassies etc. If the car remained in the state for longer and the owner still wished to drive it, it then needed to be converted.

Now in NSW things are a bit more flexible. Any car that is 30+ (I am not sure if it is 30 or 35) years old needs no conversion if it is imported now, and these cars are usually American classics that are usually on club/historic number plates anyway.
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Fri, 22 July 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, as far as the GT's handling, I think the potential is there, although it does use the antiquated "chevy impala" style front springs acting on the lower control arms. No macpherson struts here, baby. Also, I believe the stock rims are 5-inchers. By the way, the car I owned before the GT was a 1972 Pontiac Firebird Formula with a 4-speed, no A/C, 1.25 front swaybar, 5/8" rear bar, Koni shocks, 12" rear tires 10" fronts. Now the handling on that car was psychotic! I would say the GT's handling is balanced, but a mile away from "stiff" in stock form. I would like to get some Watanabe wheels for it, do you guys know about them?
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Fri, 22 July 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I do see some SR5's from time to time here. You can probably pick one up for next to nothing. There's little demand for old japanese cars here, even Z cars. Well, maybe those cool '74 corollas, RX-2's and 3's and AE86s. When you can't replace those sun-beaten plastic interiors, whaddya do? Cars from cold climates, like Canada, might be the way to go on nice interior pieces. But in California, those old interiors are TOAST! But yeah, SR5 coronas are cheap.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sat, 23 July 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In Vic we can register a LHD car on full rego (daily use) when it is 30 years old, or on Classic Historic registration when 25 years old. CH rego limits you to car-club related events only, although you can get "special use" permits to drive it for other reasons occasionally.

Have you found any pics online of these Wantanabe wheels? Importers bring in a lot of second-hand rims from Japan, so they may be available here. Although shipping to the USA would be costly.

Is there any resource online I could use to search for an SR-5 in the LA area? Local papers or something? The main thing I want to avoid is rust! Lots of classic cars are shipped from LA to Melbourne, so transport is cheap and easy. Having the interior retrimmed does not phase me, as long as the body is good. If I could pick up a tidy one for less than $800US it would be worth it! Very Happy
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Tue, 26 July 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the good cheap cars are on www.recycler.com, which when you do a car search, will lead you to www.cars.com. Make sure you first click "pre-1982". Also, another good one is www.collectorcartraderonline.com. By the way, what do you call a 1977 corona hardtop, like the one you guys posted, which happened to be here in the L.A. area? Those things are super rare and I never ever see 'em. I actually like them, even with that front end and all. If you guys need anything checked out here in SoCal, maybe I can help you all out.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Tue, 26 July 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You mean the green 1977 Corona HT that is (was?) for sale in LA? The same hardtop bodyshell as your GT? Hope they are not super-rare, as that is model I'm looking for!! The hardtop SR-5 was the upmarket model in the USA of that shape, with the GT type dash, seats and a five speed box.

This bodyshell was never sold in Oz. We only got sedans and wagons in that series. Never got Carinas at all either. Sad
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Wed, 27 July 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that green one here in L.A. That year, 77, is kinda freaky in that it has the different (mercedes?) style grille and bigger taillight lenses. I know I've never seen 5 in my life here. BUT, the '73 thru '76 2-door hardtop like mine has the exact same body, and is available, although a bit rare. I would just like to know what the model designation is for that '77 2-door hardtop. (RT105, RT106?) If I would have seen that car when the ad came out, maybe I would have bought it.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Wed, 27 July 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, now I follow you.

That 77 is probably an RT115 and it has the detoxed 20R SOHC engine (2.2L). The 73-76 (and your GT) is an RT114. The RT115 was US-market only. I never realised it had bigger tail-lights though.

In Oz we had that grille on our facelift RT104 sedans from late 76 to early 79. Personally I prefer the RT114 grille - more sporty!
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sat, 30 July 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That link for cars.com pre-1982 seems pretty good!!

Already found this in the Los Angeles area:

1977 TOYOTA CORONA SR5, 157.6M,, $500 obo 909-593-3992

A shame it's not a couple of years older so I could register it LHD here. Club plates for two years. Crying or Very Sad

My sources indicate it would cost me about $4K Aus landed in Melbourne. That's doable if it's not rusty.

gt2000, I don't suppose that phone number is close to you?
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sun, 31 July 2005 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, that number isn't too far from me, but did the ad say whether it's a 2 or 4 door, or does it even matter to you?
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sun, 31 July 2005 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm guessing it must be a 2-door hardtop, 'cuz otherwise you wouldn't be interested, right?
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sun, 31 July 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're right. Four door sedans grow on trees here, so not interested in them.

I thought the SR5 model was two door hardtop only? Five speed box, GT dash and ESP panel in the roof. At least it seems so according to the 1976 sales brochure I bought off eBay.
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Mon, 01 August 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I called about it and it's a 4-door sedan, dark brown with a 5-speed and bucket seats. Sounds like it's a granny car with a smashed right front fender, hanging headliner and some cracks in the dash. Not exactly desireable, but she claims it's an SR5, maybe because it's got bucket seats (and probably a floor console)in a 4-door model. I'll keep my eyes out for a 2-door.
gt2000
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Mon, 01 August 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I called about it and it's a 4-door sedan, dark brown with a 5-speed and bucket seats. Sounds like it's a granny car with a smashed right front fender, hanging headliner and some cracks in the dash. Not exactly desireable, but she claims it's an SR5, maybe because it's got bucket seats (and probably a floor console)in a 4-door model. I'll keep my eyes out for a 2-door.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Mon, 01 August 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that, much appreciated!

Very Happy
jefferson-mo
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sat, 06 August 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one here in San Diego, California USA
It's even RHD already............
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/PIC00012.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/PIC00011.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 06 August 2005 02:24]

shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sat, 06 August 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow Shocked That looks HOT! The Supra mags really suit it and the colour is nice too. Is it a GL or SR or SL? What's under the bonnet (err hood) Laughing ?

This is now at least two JDM RT11X hardtops in the US. Hint for bnicho Razz
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sat, 06 August 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Jefferson-mo!

I came across one of your posts on another list months ago (Subaru I think?) and nearly joined it just so I could find out more about your car!! In fact I thought GT2000 was you, as I didn't think there would be more than one RHD JDM RT114 in the USA!!

In addition to Shovelnose's questions... Smile

Is it for sale? How much are you asking?
What year is it?
How long has it been in the US? Did you import it yourself?

Darn, why can't there be any good RT11# in Oz!!! Sad

Cheers,

[Updated on: Sat, 06 August 2005 05:24]

jefferson-mo
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sun, 07 August 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Brett I probably will sell it but the logistics will be tough.............I'm pretty busy right now with a newborn(he's 9 weeks now) so bear with me. The car's not going anywhere right now.
Thanks to Kevin(GT2000) for turnin' me on to you guys.....Funny 2 RHD RT114s 150 miles apart! Mine was an SR2000(SOHC EFI originally) which explains the small bumpers and small brakes. It's a mixture of T engine stuff now.
More later..............

Here's my current project:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/100_0031_3.jpg

Carson James Morris

One more of the Corona

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/PIC00005.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 05:03]

jefferson-mo
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sun, 07 August 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 more.............

3TGTE lower end....stock Yamaha 2TGE head and cams....stock 2TG intake....Aftermarket 44PHH Mikuni carbs.......2 1/2" exhaust
3TGTE bellhousing flywheel & clutch....MA61 Supra all-aluminum 5 speed trans
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/engineright.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/engineleft.jpg

Loud Carbs and Loud Exhaust but not very powerful with the Turbo pistons(low compression ratio)

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 22:01]

bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sun, 07 August 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

I am interested, depending on price etc when the time comes. But it's no problem, I'm in no hurry. Smile

Part of the reason that I'm looking for a Corona HT is that I want a more kid-friendly classic. My wife and I want to start having kids next year. The Mini van and Moke both have no back seat, and the Traveller is a long way from completion. Going to car shows and motorsport events in a Jackaroo (Trooper) turbo-diesel is no fun.

Interesting that someone (you?) has swapped to a T series engine. I thought that involved changing the cross-member??

I was planning eventually on doing an 18RG or 3TGTE swap when I found a hardtop anyway. So since yours already has a 3TGTE bottom end, that makes the choice easy for me!

EDIT: Logistics should not be a hassle, as lots of used cars are shipped from the US to Aus. I pass a container yard every day on the way to work. They are always unloading Camaros, Mustangs, Chevys etc with California plates.

Cheers,

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 02:01]

stepho
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Wed, 10 August 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't read through the entire thread yet but I thought you might like to see a RT10#/11# brochure that showed some of the protoypes and some of the early design sketches.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/classictoyota/ files/Brochures/Corona%20RT10%23%20development/

- Stepho
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stepho/co ronprd.htm
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Fri, 19 August 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumpity BUMP!

Car I located on trdeme.co.nz has been removed from Auction before it ended. I can only assume it sold.

Oh well, shipping was going to cost $3K on top anyway!
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Fri, 19 August 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I flew my car from the NZ South Island to Sydney via Qantas air cargo and that came in under $2000
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Fri, 19 August 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How long ago was that!?! Which car? Shocked

The problem with this car was it is a non-runner and it was in Dunedin (bottom of South Island). So it could not be simply driven to the ship or transported normally.

It wasn't what you would call immaculate, so I'm not too worried about missing out on it.
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Mon, 29 August 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump!
jefferson-mo
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Sat, 03 September 2005 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump again..............................

It's Saturday afternoon here..........still at work

Brett I'm gonna try and add more info tonite.............

[Updated on: Sat, 03 September 2005 20:50]

bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 08 September 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No more info added yet? Smile
jefferson-mo
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 08 September 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I said I'd try but where does the time go?

We had a holiday Sunday-Monday so I didn't go near the computer.....can't believe it's Thurs already

Brett I'll send you an e-mail..........basically I've got a bunch of extras to go with the car.........useless to me without it.....also about the condition also...........
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 08 September 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure, send me an e-mail with the details. I'll look forward to it. brett(at)nicho.id.au

I spoke to the guy with the ex-Sth Africa RT114 in Sydney last week, but he hasn't got back to me yet with a price w/o the 1GGTE (car mentioned further up this thread). Thought I might have a look at that car when I am in Sydney in a couple of weeks. But it really needs an expensive full rebuild, not the "tidy up and drive" car I was hoping for.

Cheers,

jefferson-mo
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Mon, 12 September 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Brett I'm writing an e-mail now(it's a long one). Look for it shortly.......

Here's my other project for sale....RN34 Hilux 5.7 Chev TPI 700R4 trans.........

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_right2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_right1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_engleft.jpg

bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Mon, 03 October 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumpity BUMP!
jefferson-mo
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Mon, 03 October 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More pics just for fun....and to let you know I'm stiil here....

The Corona needs a wash..........

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_100_0045_4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_100_0046_4.jpg

My Sti.....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_Carsonadded.jpg

My boy and my Sti......

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_PIC00004.jpg

That's my boy!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_100_0003.jpg

Cooter checkin' out the General Lee........

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Jefferson-Mo/th_Cooter2.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 15:50]

bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: 70's- early 80's Corona or Carina Hardtop!! Thu, 27 October 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jefferson,

I am still interested in your Corona HT.

But I've not given up looking in Oz yet...

Will also consider Corona RT132/TT131/ST130 two door hardtop or Carina two door sedan or hardtop.

No MX## or RX## Corona Mark II's please!

jefferson-mo
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: WANTED: 70's- early 80's Corona or Carina Hardtop!! Thu, 27 October 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Brett I'm still here...........

OOOOOhhhhh Carina Hardtop! We didn't get those here. All we got was a 2 door sedan from 71 to 73 but good enough, at least it wasn't only a 4 door

The car's still here but my plan is to install all the brake and suspension spares(and the diff). It won't change the price at all because it needs to be done anyway and there won't be so many spares to ship

Also I forgot to mention the NEW wheels and tires that go with it. They'll be necessary for the right offset for the wider diff and axle

I just tried to load a photo but it won't let me..................

bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: Corona Hardtop RT112, RT114 or RT115 Thu, 27 October 2005 09:18 Go to previous message
That's great! Looking forward to the pics. Very Happy

But you haven't given me a price yet, so I still don't know if I can afford the car...

I have to budget for delivery from San Diego to the LA docks, shipping to Oz, tax and Australian compliance on top. Sad
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTD, Bris - rwd with some balls
Next Topic:AE92 Corrolla Seca SX $1000 CAR SOLD !!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:00:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010126113891602 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.