Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Conversion suggestions.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Obsessed
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Conversion suggestions. Wed, 20 July 2005 11:43 Go to next message
Hey Guys,

I currently own a Lexus IS200 which I have put a 2JZ into.

I'm just about in the final stage of putting all the little bits and pieces on. (we all know how exiting that gets)

The reason for this thread is I have tried to sell the old 2LT out of the car its a 1GFE (6 cyl 2lt) Now this motor is complete I have everything from the gearbox to aftermarket computer,exhaust, wiring harness Everything from the intercooler to the radiator. The motor is also no slug as it produced 250RWKW in my lexus on 20psi on pump fuel.(I really believe this motor has at least 270 in it)Its got all the good parts and doesn't miss a beat.

I have tried to sell it but either dreamers come along or people just dont have the money for this type of motor as I would like to sell it complete and not just in pieces.

I have now decided to keep it and stick it into a car to fang which I might be able to sell as a complete car down the track.

Thats where I would like some ideas from you all on what would sell and what would catch peoples eyes.

I was thinking about a hi-lux, I even thought about a sprinter but don't think I could get a turbo'd 2lt registed in one.

I dont want to be going overboard and forking out big dollars on a shell, after all I will sell the car and most big dollars cars scare ppl away.

What are some of your suggestions.

i.e

Celica (mustang shape)

Also guys I'm not a toyota man so all these numbers and letter confuse me sorry so could you tell me the car and model so I could look for the picture.

Pictures would be great.
Thanks,

Brett

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 11:48]

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Conversion suggestions. Wed, 20 July 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People have put 1G engines into lots of things. An older Celica isn't a bad idea, but if it was me I'd go for the last of the RWD Celica's, ie the RA65. This has the advantage of having a slightly larger engine bay (1G fits easily), it has a gearbox that will bolt right up to a 1G with the appropriate bellhousing, and it has IRS with a pretty strong diff in it (7.5" F series) with LSD centres easily available too. It also has an EFI fuel system ready to go. These are all important considerations when doing an engine conversion, the less upgrading/custom fabrication you have to do the better!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Conversion suggestions. Wed, 20 July 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but Norbie - They're ugly!! Laughing Razz
You do make a valid point though re: fuel system, diff etc..

Personally I'd go for an RA40 coupe (not the hatch though, they look like a cockroach).. It's a little bit different to what most people tend to go for and can look just as good as they earlier Celicas with the right paint/wheels..

edit: found a picture just to show you the general shape. Not everyone's cup of tea though...
http://img119.exs.cx/img119/5355/celica0045lf.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 22:59]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Conversion suggestions. Thu, 21 July 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no reason why you couldn't put it in a sprinter.

Another option is the RA28 (mustang) celica, or the RA23 coupe.
RA40 coupes are cool and not often done up.

The issue with these cars is you really need to upgrade the diff and fuel system, and like as has previously been mentioned, the less fabrication/custom work the better.

As Norbie Mentioned the RA65 has a diff which will cope better with that power and there are the later model (RWD) coronas that have the same IRS F series diff combo.

I depends I suppose on what you prefer and tough old sckool car, or the sleeper style car that wipes the grin off most V8 drivers faces.
Obsessed
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Conversion suggestions. Thu, 21 July 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Guys, the pictures did help as those rb 40 92 fe whats evers just confuse an old holden boy where a 5lt is a 5lt.

You did actuallt say I could put one into a sprinter but I thought the capacity would be to large since its turbo charged. I think the engine bay would be to small anyway.

I do actaully know what a mustang celica looks like and I quite like them. I think what Norbie suggested has its up points as well but I dont know what they look like what year model are they?

As for the fuel and and gearbox I already have the fuel system and the 6 Speed box to go with it. I even have the IS200 diff.

All I really need is a car and a steering wheel to hang onto.

Thanks for the suggestions, anymore?

I saw a Crown ute what size motor is in them? Do they have a large engine bay?
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Conversion suggestions. Thu, 21 July 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go tha sprintah
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Conversion suggestions. Thu, 21 July 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/dealer/autogroup/PAC104287_1_m.jpg

that's the RA65. not a very flattering pic, but meh Smile

the reason these are popular is there's no changing of fuel tanks or fuel lines (even tho you have the fuel system, it won't bolt into these cars), just a new pump, LSD diff centre, and the stuff you have (gbox, engine) obviousy there'll be IC piping and such to be done, but that is the same with any conversion.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Conversion suggestions. Thu, 21 July 2005 09:36 Go to previous message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/bigfella73/SCS%2005/IMGP0056.jpg

Yeah they fit, Bloody tight but they fit.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Tofu Delivery AE86
Next Topic:gt4185 spotted
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:14:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465989112854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.