Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 01:47 Go to next message
Well, went today for my Greens test, and failed it. Now obvously iam not very pleased with this, but i dont think i should have failed.

I recieved a printout of the things that i need to work on before i attempt it next time, however theres as many points as there were questions in the test, so does that mean that i failed every single question?

Any tips and advice to pass it, it seemed quite simple and i though i killed it, but obvously not

Regaurds
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how?????
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
honestly,

when i did the test, 2 years ago now, i thought it wouldve been harder to fail it,

most of the time you can sit there and not do anything!!

like if at traffic lights and it says indicate when you would make the right hand turn, if you sit there and wait till there is NO traffic, that is a PASS,

when it says indicate when you would step on the brake most of the time its as early as possible..

so yeah it shouldnt have been too difficult i think i gott %100 or there abouts..

good luck next time!!!

i gotta find out what the test is like to get my black's!!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 11:54

honestly,

when i did the test, 2 years ago now, i thought it wouldve been harder to fail it,

like if at traffic lights and it says indicate when you would make the right hand turn, if you sit there and wait till there is NO traffic, that is a PASS,

when it says indicate when you would step on the brake most of the time its as early as possible..

so yeah it shouldnt have been too difficult i think i gott %100 or there abouts..

good luck next time!!!

its a lot of the same thing...

when i went for my greens a fair while back they actually sat me the blacks test by accident!

I completed that test and they said I passed, then went oh shit wrong test, Mad so i had to stay and do the greens test then Confused

Basically its a lot of the same thing, however with a bit more theory questions behind it, and questions about laws etc like that
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found it easy, and i was hung over... Razz
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i must be retarded.

I wonder if when you touch the screen and it confirms that, i did press it once and afterwards saw a hazard afterwards but clicked that i didnt touch the screen, mabye there smarter then this !!

Also is there a period that you have to wait between taking the tests?
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 11:58

ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 11:54

honestly,

good luck next time!!!

its a lot of the same thing...

when i went for my greens a fair while back they actually sat me the blacks test by accident!

I completed that test and they said I passed, then went oh shit wrong test, Mad so i had to stay and do the greens test then Confused

Basically its a lot of the same thing, however with a bit more theory questions behind it, and questions about laws etc like that

awsome thanks, shouldnt be too hard then,

MaCCa, not sure about time between re-sitting an test,

might be 24hrs or something but i'm not sure, chech rta website.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude no offense but that test was piss easy, when one of my mates sat the test he actually asked the chick behind the desk if she knew if anyone had actually failed the test and she said no. You are the first person i know of that hasn't passed the test first go. Laughing
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's pretty much a reaction test
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my freind failed his green p's.... we had a good laugh at his expenses but knowing my luck i will no doubt fail my greens after sayign this
DQIKST
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey

my cousin and sister both told me when the screen tells you to slow down touch it straight away and when it tells you to turn right dont touch it at all....

BULLSH!T

it never worked for me you just have to watch the screen carefully (bad quality clips?) and touch when you think it is safe to slow down...

stupid test if you ask me...
doesn't show how good of a driver you are and they test you on reflexes on a computer where the clips are no good..

Good luck next time champ

IBZ
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got it first time, but only cause my brother failed it twice b4 he finally got it. he told me wat i gotta do to pass. lol luckily i took his advice, jus hit the screen as soon as u see anyhting!
ahahahah thats when ur supposed to avoid ppl that is, and dont take those normal breaks in traffic to turn that you would usually do either, do the one ur mates grandma would do. lol

its gotta be one of the stupidest test that ive taken though, (excluding those hotmail ones that say they'll pay u $100,000,000 to take) ahahah

anyway, good luck for round two Wink
-----
jason
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't understand how anyone could fail.
its common sense really. you dont turn into traffic, dont try to fit into tiny gaps, and dont speed past small children near the road
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did that heaps and i passed mine so put the theory out the window. cause wehn i did that one id get to re-do the question alot of the time
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DQIKST wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 18:40

hey

my cousin and sister both told me when the screen tells you to slow down touch it straight away and when it tells you to turn right dont touch it at all....

BULLSH!T

Why? This is the same advice I was given and the same advice I give.

WHEN TO SLOW DOWN TYPE:
If it's a slowing down question, the sooner you touch the screen, the sooner you slow down, so the safer you are -- correct?
Considering the woman walks across the road with her pram or the kid on his bike a few seconds after the clip starts, this isn't a bad approach. Wait 1 or 2 seconds then hit the screen. Easy.
It takes the driver in the clip much too long to stop in my opinion. In the practice run I pressed the screen at a distance I think anyone could stop at but it resulted in a collision. So I tried it again, pressing it almost straight away and it works. Use the practice clips wisely!

WANT TO TURN RIGHT TYPE:
I saw a big enough gap and hit the button but it was deemed unsafe. (ie. we all would've turned right but being the merry joyful chaps we are supposed to it was too risky!). So basically you wait until there are NO cars and then press the screen. If there are cars, don't touch it.

These are the only two types of clips I got. The other type is meant to be a when is it safe to overtake or something? Meh, I wouldn't call the green P's test overrated because everyone thinks it's piss easy -- and it is.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: NSW Green P Thu, 21 July 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MaCCa wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 12:03

i must be retarded.

I wonder if when you touch the screen and it confirms that, i did press it once and afterwards saw a hazard afterwards but clicked that i didnt touch the screen, mabye there smarter then this !!

So you touched the screen and saw a hazard afterwards. So that's a good thing because it means you slowed down for the hazard.
Then you clicked t you didn't touch the screen which means you didn't slow down for the hazard!!
Why did you do that?!

Anyway, you'll get it next time round Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: NSW Green P Fri, 22 July 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the point at the end of the test the lady comes up and says theseare the points you'll need to improve on mine was one dot point rofl.
For mine on the turn right ones i didn't do anything cos there was just a continous flow of traffic or a truck i couldn't see round.
Wink
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: NSW Green P Fri, 22 July 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 10:45

i love the point at the end of the test the lady comes up and says theseare the points you'll need to improve on mine was one dot point rofl.
For mine on the turn right ones i didn't do anything cos there was just a continous flow of traffic or a truck i couldn't see round.
Wink

The lady didnt tell me anything after i did the test apart from saying I passed, kinda curious to what i should improve on Razz

I liked the right turn ones (seamed like most of mine were right turns) when you finally see a gap it finishes and you end up doing nothing, makes it a kinda pointless test cause it doesnt really teach you much about 'Hazard perception'

cheers
chris
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: NSW Green P Fri, 22 July 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think these green P tests are more a money raising tool for the Rta than an educational tool for drivers.

How is a touch screen computer supposed to replicate the real world or even test someones driving ability.

Lucky i didnt have to go through it.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: NSW Green P Sun, 24 July 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i failed the first time i sat it.. had no idea what to expect. then went back and sat it again... 100%, yeah heaps accurate test if you ask me. Rolling Eyes i'm really sick of the amount of money they charge so sit at a bloody computer.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: NSW Green P Sun, 24 July 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i nailed it 1st go, just try again youll be right
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: NSW Green P Sun, 24 July 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was 2 questions in mine where I didn't feel it was safe to go, so I just didn't touch the screen. Still passed.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: NSW Green P Sun, 24 July 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lmao i didnt touch the screen at all during the test and was told at the end i had passed but that i was "to" cautious lol
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: NSW Green P Mon, 25 July 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only positive i think i can find about computer test's are the fact they cant be biased (think thats right word) ie they wont fail you becuase of your race or skin color

theres an instructor at the RTA i went to fails just about everyone even if you did everything perfect...but alot of chicks i've talked to said they wore short skirt low cut top and they past

thats just one positive of a computer test
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: NSW Green P Mon, 25 July 2005 11:20 Go to previous message
i got mine 1st go. The funny thing was i just sat there and didnt touch the screen for 90% of the time...ended up getting around 100% or so

Good luck next time dude Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Am I asking too much of my 3K
Next Topic:help gz20
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:35:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007051944732666 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.