Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 09:21 Go to next message
thought id share a few of the thousands i have seen over the years.

1.customer comes in and says he cant get his new liquid filled autometer temp gauge to work!so i crack open the bonnet and there is the capillary tube going to the electric sender with the end snapped of and the tube wrapped around the sender!poor bloke didnt take kindly when i said you stuffed it mate.

2.diesel in a petrol car, back before unleaded.

3.women filled the oil all the way to the top of the oil cap.she was a dipstick but didnt know what one was!lol.

4.bloke came in and couldnt get a 750 double pumper to work on his stock 253,his mate said it would make it go like the clappers so he bought a brand new 750!

5.the so called race engine builder that put second hand stock valves into a 2.3litre litre race engine, that made 800hp till the heads came of the valves and went thought 2 brand new very expensive turbos.

6.the old ladie that come the wrong way at me on the F3 after coming on the off ramp.

7.best one of all!the idiot that drove in the middle lane off the F3, with his hazards on at 20km\h in rain that i couldnt see my bonnet in,beside the fact it was peak our. ended up causing a ford station wagon to swerve to miss him,rolled amazing amount of times in front of a full B-double going down a the brooklyn hill,the poor old truck driver was shaking like a leaf when he got out,he thought he was going to kill the guy in the rolling car.the guy in the car was a bit sore and cut,and you wouldnt believe it,he was mad as hell.

mick
  Send a private message to this user    
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far out...all those a r pretty bad...

the best i can think of atm is while i was at work i look outside and see massive amounts of smoke...i got outside and there is a woman with her bonnet up i ask her wats wrong and she said she just put oil in.....she must of put it in the radiator...
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seen sum pretty dum stuff, strangely enough, i saw it from the pasenger seat of the guy doing it Razz.

but wats worse is, uncle was toping up the oil on my older cousins car and after he went through 5L told her to run up to the shops and get another bottle, to his amazement the car didnt start after jus short of 10L prlly bout 9.5L. hahahaha. but u cant blame him, hes a 65 yr old who has neva even had a license...

another dum thing was my mate racing down mona vale road at bout 170 in a bike lane. then not long after that, my other mate who was racing him, pulled the hand brake at about 60km/h through mid corner. no injuries but got a nice dent up the driver side door.

last but not least, sum moron, decided to drift onto the f3 at hornsby (i think) in his neat looking falcon, and ended up facing the wrong way balanced on the rail thats supposed to stop u from goin over the edge. so in other words, he was sitting half over the F3, and half over the entrance to the F3.

i think this topic has alot of potential, in a forum of car enthusiats, there is deffinetly a handful of bad apples... come on u idiots hiding out there, share your stories...

-----
jason
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^ LOL

- cant remember where i heard this but a girl was doing an oil change on her car, her boyfreind bought the oil and offerd to do it and commented that she couldnt so itd be better for him to do it. she be stubborn and determine to prove him wrong said she would do it and inisited on it. he went inside. she was takin ages so he checked on her and asked how she was goin. she replied "goin good but there has to be an easier way than this." lookin closer at what she was doing she had a turkey baster and was bit by bit putting it in the dipstik hole. Laughing

i also read in unique cars about kids washing there dads new porsche with gravel Sad
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aahhaha that reminds me, i was listening on the radio ages and ages ago, and some lady and her bf where trying to jump start their flat battery and thought that earthing it ment to put it to the earth, which isnt entirely wrong, jus that 'their' earth was a branch laying near by on the floor.

-----
jason
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of my friends who got his car resprayed in 2 pack had already covered his car in stickers. He then got sick of an Apexi one that was on the rear quarter so he pulls out some scotch brite and rubbed off the sticker as well as the clear. No No No
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This involves a former delivery driver at work. The dude was turning the truck around at the warehouse, and reversed straight into the fence, bending the pole somewhat. The next day, he's turning around again, and lo and behold: reverses into the fence! But this time, something on the back of the truck hooks onto the wire fence, and he drives forward pulling the fence with him! Laughing . Before we had a chance to fire him, he reversed into a customer's car Rolling Eyes .
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm the water guy reversed in a tree at my house then forgetting to shift into a forward gear dumped the clutch so as not to roll into the tree again.
he bent up the cab pretty bad.

Oh and my friend sophie who dragged the side of her car along those steel hoops that protect petrol pumps.

My dad chanig the oil in is car and forgeting to put int he drain plug.

I've seen so many.

My friend who doesn't look after his car.
when i asked when the water from the radiator could have gone he said "on the windscreen"!!!

Mookie
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corolla's.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 23:13

corolla's.

OH I GET IT

Evil or Very Mad

you'll have all the AE86 guys onto you now. Wink
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was doing work experience with this network installer guys at a scholl. and when we where about to leave the guy driving the van realised he'd left something a couple of meters back

so he began to back up to get it about 3 seconds later he hears a loud crash as the boot of the van that had been left open now has a poll (holding up roof over a walk way) is now wedged somewhat into the boot of the van and all the shit outa the van has sprayed everywhere.

funnyiest shit i've ever seen
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 20 July 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember at my old work a truck backed into the chain fence and bent it all over, funny as hell Smile

I took pics but don't think I have them with me.

Old workmate scraped a pole down the side of the company's Honda CRV and made a nice dent down the whole length of one side of the car lol
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember the first oil change I ever did, on my 73 TA22 Celica (this is quite a while ago I might add). Everything seemed to go fine, but when I went for a test drive the engine started rattling after about 30 seconds, and the oil light came on! I quickly pulled over and lifted the bonnet - oil everywhere. There was also a visible trail of oil from the driveway to my car. Turns out I'd left the old oil filter gasket stuck to the engine block, which of course wasn't sealing very well against the gasket on the new filter. As soon as the engine had oil pressure it just spat it right out between them! Messy.

A friend of mine who is a mechanic told me a ripper. He was teaching a female friend of his how to do basic car maintenence. So she has a go at her first solo oil change in her Hilux 4WD, but she is perplexed when it only takes about half a litre of oil to fill the engine after she drained the sump. She calls my friend and asks is this normal, he says no it should take more like six litres to fill it up. Are you sure you drained the sump properly? She says yes, I took the drain plug out and left it for an hour but not much came out. He says ok, bring it over and I'll have a look. So about half an hour later she calls from the side of the road, her Hilux has come to a grinding halt and won't move again.

After a tow on a flatbed and much investigation, the mystery is solved - when draining the engine oil she went for the first drain plug she saw, which happened to be the front diff. Needless to say after driving with a dry diff it seized solid! That was an expensive lesson, she forked out for a brand new diff from Toyota which as your can imagine cost a small fortune. Live and learn eh? Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres the old story of the person who goes to fill up their radiator, they unscrew the cap, put in the hose, and fill, and fill, and fill some more.
When they finally get it full to the top they put the cap back on, and drive away, or at least they try to.

Shame the cap they unscrewed was the oil cap Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a truck jacknifed right in front of me once
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After doing a hard weeks work on my car at a nearby factory I jumped in to reverse it out of the roller door for a test drive. I was looking over my left shoulder and was suprised by the loud scraping noise that started... Then I realised I'd left the drivers door wide open.

Hen
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i witnessed a fully sick cut off by a supra that almost drifted into a oncoming truck...
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just recently,
Some guy stopped at the lights a few cars ahead of me. The guy directly behind him gets out and taps on the first car's window. Driver gets out and I see what the problem is.

His passenger side rear tyre tread has completely delaminated off the sidewall Shocked Shocked Shocked
It was lying, mostly detached on the road.
Must have been a retread or something.

The driver with no tyre holds his head in his hands for a sec.
Then gets back into his car and proceeds to take off through the now-green light.

I thought he might be trying to get across the intersection and then pull over from the right lane where he was over to the curb. BUT NO - he really took off and kept going up the street.

I stayed well back to watch the fun unfold. (all over the space of a few hundred metres)

Firstly the tread came completely off the sidewall and flew apart, showering bits of tread all over the place. Then, lots of smoke as the softer tyre-body rubber was being torn off by the asphalt, then sparks as the steel belts came in contact with the road, then a massive crunch as the sidewalls failed and the wheel itself hit the road - which also launched the wheel cover off the the side where it just missed a few cars.

Dunno where he went after that as I was travelling real slow to keep clear and I then got caught at the next set of lights.

Madness -

When i got through I didn't see his crashed car anywhere - so I don't know how far he got after that.

Frankie
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I managed to run myself over in ym own car, which would have pretty stupid for the causal observer. I was push starting it up and down the driveway by myself (push up the hill abit, jump in and bump start backwards in reverse), slipped over and the car started rolling backwards, the open drivers door smacked straight into my leg and hip and bent backwards into the guard. It turns out my hip is more solid than a datsun 1200 door hinge. It hurt like hell, plus I was lying in a puddle of mud, plus it was raining and I was late.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, that sux, but it would have been so funny to see Laughing
Darren
Regular

May 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

We noticed a girl run past the workshop one afternoon. 5 minutes later the hairdresser from down the street walks in with the girl crying and shaking and asks if we can help, she thinks she might be having car trouble but can't make any sense of what she's saying. She points up the street so i go for a walk with her.

On the way I manage to get out of her that she "hit the garage with the car" and "had to climb out through the broken window because of the bricks". I asked if it was her garage and her house to which I got a head shaken no. Hmmmmm.....

We get around the corner to find a brand new VP Commondoor most of the way into the double garage of a brand new house, the engine was still idling and in drive.

After I turned it off and managed to get her to calm down she told me she was on her P's and doing work experience with the council. The owners of the house had complained that their cars scraped going in the driveway so the council sent her out to drive down the driveway and test it out, which she did successfully. BUT she'd forgetten to select reverse!! When the car went forward and hit the brick divider between the doors she'd panicked and floored it. She knocked the brick wall over, drove both garage doors upwards through the roof, bounced off an imacculate datto 1200 in one garage and pushed the furniture in the other side through the back wall and into the house. The brick divider had come down onto the top of the commondoor smashing windows. It was a mess! She'd contined to panic and bolted straight to the nearest place of comfort and support, the hairdresser.

Darren.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone i know left is oil cap off, a mazda astina.
Just past silverwater at the lights, smoke started coming out from his bonnet, the foam under the bonnet was all soaked in oil.

Also, this is someone else, first time he was replacing a fuel filter, he took off the rubber that goes around the filter .
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rushing from work to pick up my girl I stoped at gas station put gas went in store bought a bottle water got in car when I got to girls house I noticed the gas nozzle was still in my car Laughing

Never went there again

Johnny
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone else eh Wink ? Anyone we know?
Laughing
Actually, I have done something similar. I chaged filters on my Subie, the old rubber ring stuck to the engine block, and i didnt notice, I just screwed the new one on.

I started the car, stuck my head under to look for any leaks, saw nothing, so i went to drive the car out onto the street.

As soon as the pressure built, the seal popped, and pumped the contents of the sump out in about 5 seconds. Left an oil spill so big i had to call greenpeace Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2005 03:59]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didn't see it but my bro saw the rseult of the cabbie that missed his off ramp so he reversed down the freeway and got collected by a truck, not only was he stupid enough to reverse a couple hundred metres down a freeway but he drove in a lane as well in preference to the brake down lane.
Oh the Cabbie survived with very few injuries the car was crushed right up until the drivers seat.
I saw a chick from my school go the wrong way round a round a bout and nearly collect someone.
Thruan
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a good idea not to block the pcv valve compltly, it sorta builds up to much crankcase pressure and blows the dipstick outta the dipstick hole blowing oil all over that side of the engine bay, and creating quite a bit of smoke behind you....
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no doubt when i put my engine back together(first time) something will go wrong and others will laugh. Sad Razz
Yumbo
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my dad had a jag that he reconditioned the motor in, After driving it a few days we got home and heard a bang, one of the head bolts had snapped and shot out putting a nice little dent in the bonnet.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yumbo wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 18:34

my dad had a jag that he reconditioned the motor in, After driving it a few days we got home and heard a bang, one of the head bolts had snapped and shot out putting a nice little dent in the bonnet.

FAAAARRK!
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My worst moment was setting off the fire alarms and evacuating Castle Towers by spraying oil (from a dodgy turbo line I had just made up) all over the exhaust and block, subsequently frying the oil and producing enough smoke to look like I had done a ripper of a burnout throught the carpark...

Three firetrucks later and a few bags of kitty litter I quickly called my dad and asked for a tow home. Have not heard anything about it since.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I forgot to put back the radiator cap on and decided to thrash my car.

Came back home after the whole day thrashing and my engine started shaking and stalling. And I ran over something.

Ended up with a fucked head off the Mazda and a squashed radiator cap.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to work at a Landfill at Kurnell. One day I had to take the work ute to a hydraulic place at, I think, Miranda. I had 2 x 20 litre jerry cans of diesel oil in the back of the ute. Me being me, I was giving it to the ute and hadn't realised the jerry cans had toppled over in the back. When I got to where I was going I discovered both cans had opened up and spilled out. You could see the trail of oil on the road. When I was driving back I got to this roundabout on Captain Cook drive and the Fire Brigade and Cops were there mopping up all the oil. There must have been a few cars spin out going round the roundy. Luckily they hadn't followed the trail of oil straight to where I had been parked for a half hour waiting for the hydraulic parts. Confused

Cheers, Greg.

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sensational keep them rolling,even the wives tales.good to hear guys and very funny.

and blacksupra!i asked for stories not fact you prick!lmao.
corolla drives dont need an exstension of themselveslike supra drives.lmfao
mick
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sensational keep them rolling,even the wives tales.good to hear guys and very funny.

and blacksupra!i asked for stories not fact you prick!lmao.
corolla drives dont need an extension of themselves like supra drives.lmfao
mick
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but some ppl need to double post to make them feel Bigger Laughing
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i missed the double post?
mick
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone I know thought their car smelled a bit funky and didn't like the idea of clipping an air-freshener to the air vent. They decided that pouring perfume down the centre vent in the dash was a good alternative. 20 minutes later the stereo starts making weird sounds and soon stops working altogether. The perfume had dripped down behind the console into their brand new head unit, frying the amp and burning out a set of brand new speakers.

Another person I know legitimately thinks you can tell how good a tyre is by licking it.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a few mates in the ute, it was going slow Embarassed .

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/46/taxi7zj.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2005 14:53]

Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://seedof7222.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/badparking.jpg

I was running late for a uni exam...
...quite obviously not in parking skills 101 Embarassed
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About 25 years ago, one of my mates had a near new Falcon that he painted with lime green house paint and a 3" brush.
You've never seen so many brush marks and he didn't even bother masking anything up, just painted up to it.
Worst part was he thought it looked good.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 08:25

About 25 years ago, one of my mates had a near new Falcon that he painted with lime green house paint and a 3" brush.
You've never seen so many brush marks and he didn't even bother masking anything up, just painted up to it.

pics pics pics

edit:

Hmm, 25 years ago. this is going to be one tough call. heh.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2005 23:43]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Think thats bad theres a yellowy green 1970-1980's bentley in the Goodwood car museum in SA that has a been converted to a ute and also painted the clearly attrocious colour on with a paint brush.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 21 July 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was once comin around a roundabout in the left lane and some car was comin the wrong way in the right lane Shocked Ended up being some old fella poor dude looked so confused Laughing Laughing u really gotta think how the fuck can u get on the wrong side in the first place ?!?!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Going on holidays early one saturday morning some guy turning right in front of us at the cross roads when the wrong side of the concrete divider and was driving the wrong way down the Hume Highway.
Surprised
Saw a mate try and drift his FWD auto KF laser, he thought if he came into the corner fast and kept accelerating he'd flick the tail, well the laws of physics and the gutter said no, huge amount of gutter rash poor alignment but nothing major damaged.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
two years ago now, my mates dad was filling his 'Rolla oil up.
For some reason my mate was busy or his dad had been using the car. Whatever.
We were on the way home from St. Kilda Fest to drop some of us off when stingy yellow clouds start steaming out of the bonnet.
Pull into service lane, pop hood... low and behold - after filling the oil up to the right level, his old man had forgotten to put the oil cap back on. Engine bay was drrrrrrriippping in boiling engine oil. And the oilcap, quite happily sitting next to the radiator where it had been left. Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so did his dad pay for a new engine or atleast the repair and cleanup bill for the mess Confused thats funny but really shit at the same time for the ppl involved.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A certain Mitsubishi Dealer put the seals on the wrong way after bleeding the brake fluid on our pajero woot for them.

My next door neighbour who a mechanic had an old boxy magna in his shop to service. Anyway he had been working on the brakes and had brought the car round to the front of his workshop to put it on the hoist to fix the brakes which didn't work, gets out of the car walks into the workshop, some guy comes along steals car drives down the road woops no brakes and puts the car into a pole
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reminds me of when one of my mates asked me to have a look at the gearstick in his K series laser.

I hop in and he goes for a drive, as soon as he accellerates the whole front end of the car lifts up. When he puts the clutch in and decellerates it drops back down.
The shifter moved back and forward because it was directly actuated and not linked via cable.

I said I think theres something a little bit more than a dodgy shifter here so I pop the bonnet and discover that the bolt on the front engine mount is missing.
He just said "shit... its been doing that since i bought it 6 months ago!"

The engine had also been smacking down on the crossmember so hard that the subframe was snapped clean off in two places and the front half of the crossmember was hanging free.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had a couple of crackers Smile but one of my best was...

About 10 years ago I was getting my car (suzuki sierra) ready for going down the snow. Working on my front lawn with the rear jacked up changing the rear pads and painting the drums (have to look fully sic when you're 18). These two glamours kept repeatedly walking past me on the other side of the street. They were smiling, I was smiling, and needless to say I was completely distracted. I had done up the wheel nuts finger tight while it was off the ground ready to be done up properly once it was back on the ground. Well I forgot Rolling Eyes
I drove 5 kms to work fine, but when I left work the backend felt a bit wobbly going around a righthand corner. I look left to see my wheel over take me mid corner. whoops Laughing
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

LOL i've seen a "textured" paint job done with a roller.

Run ur hand down it and it would take skin off !!!
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About a year ago was leaving Darling Harbour about 3am. Travelling towards Glebe there is this 85/90 degree corner. Straight ahead is a couple of shops with glass windows.

On this particular night/morning there was a Porsche Cayenne parked in the window..and there was a guy lying on the floor up against the wall.

Either he decided to test the cornering ability of the Cayenne or he was so drunk he couldnt see the turn.

Either way..felt sorry for the car.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i left my oil cap off one night lol.. drove from brisbane to broadwater all night and then came back and then noticed i could smell oil but barely nething had came out so i was swoit lol toyota powerrr haha
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Going on holidays early one saturday morning some guy turning right in front of us at the cross roads when the wrong side of the concrete divider and was driving the wrong way down the Hume Highway.

Saw a mate try and drift his FWD auto KF laser, he thought if he came into the corner fast and kept accelerating he'd flick the tail, well the laws of physics and the gutter said no, huge amount of gutter rash poor alignment but nothing major damaged

lol ill vouch that the ass does flick out well it does if ur front wheels are spinnin at 100 and u over corect to keep the car going straight when it grabs traction ohhh boy lol.... yer the ass goes out left and right for a few times until u lose it hahaha
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a friend who is a mechanic and he said he pulled the clutch out of a 323 and it was completely stuffed.. he later asked hte women how it got so bad and she said she usually just drives around in 1st gear with her foot flat and uses the clutch to adjust speed..

Anotehr was this chick that knew she needed water in her radiator so before she took her car out... it was at night she took off the oil cap and mistook it forh te radiator and filled it with water... surprisinly my friend said he was amazed the car ran for 20 minutes before it seized up!!!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 11:20

Reminds me of when one of my mates asked me to have a look at the gearstick in his K series laser.

I hop in and he goes for a drive, as soon as he accellerates the whole front end of the car lifts up. When he puts the clutch in and decellerates it drops back down.
The shifter moved back and forward because it was directly actuated and not linked via cable.

I said I think theres something a little bit more than a dodgy shifter here so I pop the bonnet and discover that the bolt on the front engine mount is missing.
He just said "shit... its been doing that since i bought it 6 months ago!"

The engine had also been smacking down on the crossmember so hard that the subframe was snapped clean off in two places and the front half of the crossmember was hanging free.

WTF!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 12:24

Saw a mate try and drift his FWD auto KF laser, he thought if he came into the corner fast and kept accelerating he'd flick the tail, well the laws of physics and the gutter said no, huge amount of gutter rash poor alignment but nothing major damaged

lol ill vouch that the ass does flick out well it does if ur front wheels are spinnin at 100 and u over corect to keep the car going straight when it grabs traction ohhh boy lol.... yer the ass goes out left and right for a few times until u lose it hahaha

well he entered a 90 degree left handre at 60+ kilmoter per hour, and expected the car to oversteer nope plough underteer he was lucky that the road is wide and by the time he hit the gutter the whole side hit it front first rather then just front on cos he would of gone thru someones fence.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once had a dodgy 351 ZJ Fairlane. There was a problem with the electrics and i had to use a screwdriver to short the starter to get it to start. Trouble was I also had a dodgy Park/Neutral switch in the auto. One hungover morning with the car parked facing my house I turned the key to run position and shorted the starter while the car was in drive. The engine kicked straight away and the car started driving itself toward the house with me standing in front of it. I only had time to jump onto the front bumper and into the engine bay before it crashed into the corner bricks of the house. When it impacted with the wall the hood fell down on me and the hood latch nailed me in the back. The car sat there for a while trying to bulldoze down the house till I could get through all bushes and stuff and turn it off.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another one... maybe urban tale.. is about the blonde who went to the spare parts counter and said she needed a new "710"... the spares guy went WTF and had no idea what she was on about. After a while she got him to look under the bonnet of another car so she could point out the part in question. What she showed him was the oil cap... which she had read upside-down as 710.... Classic Laughing
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
unlucky....deadse,

wouldnt sitting in the engine bay make things quite hot for you??
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My new (home made) exhaust
Next Topic:MA61 parts $$$ ???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:31:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090160369873047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.