Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 09:39 Go to next message
hey,

this is gonna sound like im selling the phones but im not....

ive been looking to buy this phone and i just found it on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=14410&item=6417456830&rd=1

u can get 5 of them for $1200

which is $240 a phone... instead of the RRP around $700-800

so yeh.... if i can find 4 other people that are interested, we can get a sony ericsson k750i for $240 each....

PM me if ya interested
  Send a private message to this user    
Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am in, where are they from, are they SP locked and what does it come with (ie charger and what country) and manuals warranty etc

either way i am in, need 3 more now, good work champ.
tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it says there from the USA, unlocked to all networks, 2 year international warranty, comes brand new in original boxes with everything.

3 more to go Very Happy
tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure wat charger the country is for... ill ask...
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm interested, can i just drop my sim card in and go from there? need a new phone. are these current models?

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 10:09]

cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the answer is yes to the above questions put me down for one.
tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh the new sony ericsson... havent ya seen the ads on tv? lol

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=au&lc=e n&ver=4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&am p;lm=pp1&pid=10242

yeh just throw any sim in

so yeh... thats makes 3

2 to go Very Happy

Honda_Pda
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there...
well because this phone is sold off ebay..
there is a chance it could be a scam...
just wnted to let you know as i was going to get 3 d600's.. but was told that it could be a rought...

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in an attempt to discover your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to ignore the email you received from this member. Sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions.

We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information on steps you can take to ensure that future transactions are completed successfully:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/isgw-fraud-o v.html
tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this guys got feedback of +140 with 99% positive

and its from united kingdom not united states i read it wrong lol

so yeh... plus i could work out a way its impossible to get scammed Smile
Honda_Pda
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah... you do it at your own risk.. = )
if things fall through.. let me know.. hehe
i might get some for myself... it is not possible to be impossible to get scammed man...
you pay the money, he doesnt send.. what can you do?
he lives in the uk man...
Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
willing to risk it, may also have a mate interested too

go for it craig, 3 on the beaches yay
Honda_Pda
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ok...
just giving you some warning.. hehe
just if you didnt notice, 131 of his feedback is from the seller, meaning that he bought stuff off people... not people bought off him... and the things people bought from him arent that constant...
let me know when you get the phones ehs...
cheers people
tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur just cut u dont have $240.... otherwise u'd be all over it.

haha jokes. but yeh 3 ppl so far... just need 2 more
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im fairly new to this ebay stuff, what chance do we realy have of being screwed? is ebay going to help us out if the deal falls through?
tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i very much doubt anything will go wrong.

but to put u at ease of mind maybe i can organize it for him to sell it to us through ebay...

then he is under contract to send the phones

Smile
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err the item has been taken down i think? link dosent work.
tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebay must of taken his auction off because ya not meant to advertise selling something out of ebay... and this guy did...

but yeh i still have his details, so still lookin for 2 more ppl
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Fri, 22 July 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so we have no guarantee, can we use something like this https://www.escrowaustralia.com.au/index.php ? from there calculator it would only cost $40 in total of their service.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 14:08]

shanedawgg
Regular

October 2004
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sat, 23 July 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive emailed a couple of guys on ebay about similar kinda deals but Nokia N91's instead of the K750i. I cant stress enough how careful u should be when dealing with these guys, ebay wont help at all if the sale is outside of ebay.

I asked all of them, even one from Australia an none would do a COD or an escrow type system.

All so dont give them any details outside of ebay...never know what they gonna do with it.

Plus when u think about it why would they be selling $1200+RRP EACH phones for $200???? Jus to good to be true in my opinion....

But let us know how it goes if you do it.

Regards,
Shane
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sat, 23 July 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my roommate was 'stung' by some prick off ebay at the beginning of the year, he lost over $2000, the guy said my mate had to pay more for export tax, then he sent twice as many sony phones (p910 or something), tried to get more money, then we never heard from him again. Nothing we could do...

Basically-
If you buy through an ebay auction and it goes wrong, ebay will cover you (I would still go by the feedback though). If you buy off ebay, they can simply take your money and run.

Don't want to put anyone off, but there are pricks out there and you definately need insurance (like ebay) for these sorts of high risk ventures.
jmoore
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sat, 23 July 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i was very interested...until the auction moved off ebay...

if it returns on ebay , ill buy in Smile
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sat, 23 July 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF.

outside of ebay, you will have nothing to support you, except this guys honesty. never send money for an item outside australia, unless its through ebay. you WILL get ripped off.

i reckon there is a 99 percent chance that you would not recieve any phones, or contact after the money is recieved.

however,

if you post the 1200, then get the phones, i will give you 300 for one of them. hell, ill take 3 for that price.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sat, 23 July 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$300 is a lot less than he could get for them if he stuck them straight back on eBay Australia and sold them individually. I mean, for him to risk $1200 in a deal that you guys think is most likely a scam he'd want more of a return from that investment to make it worth his while.

I'm guessing that's exactly what BigWillie would do with two of the 3 he'd buy. Whack 'em on eBay. Wink
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep. im not risking my money for this shit, ive been done over before buying phones from the uk, but lucky for me i got him to set up a 1 day auction, so ebay payed me back the money that he ripped me off for. i didnt want to do the deal outside of ebay, because that would have been downright fucking idiotic.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2005 08:16]

tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duh Rolling Eyes

i said im doin it through ebay.

no risks involved

ur loss buddy Wink
Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am down for 2 if all is koscher.

Are u paying thru escorow or paypal?

how will we split up the phones when in the country?

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2005 12:46]

tarlo
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im getting 2 too, that equals 5!!! lol all done

just got this email off him

Hello ,
The price for 5 phones is 1200 AUD shipping included.The phones are brand new , unlocked in all networks.
About the shipping i can tell you that i am using TNT Airship express, the fastest shipping service that offer me the oportunity to shipp the goods to the buyer in less than 24 hours,also i offer a return policy of 5 days with a total refund if you are not satisfaid.
Also i offer insurance for all my shippments so if something happens with the package you will get this full insurance (phones value + shipping charges) .
The fastest method of payment so we both can be satsfied is Western Union.
No problem, i send you the package Via TNT but i want to receive the payment Via western union because in this moment i have a contract with this service and for payment and delivery my boss only accept TNT and WesternUnion.
I want to make this deal safe and i offer you the greate guarantee. I want to make this deal Over TNT.
Please tell me if you are agree with my offer !? I send you first the phones, Ok?
You will make the payment after the delivery is arranged.
You will receive the confirmation from TNT Team imediatly when i send you the phones on your name and adress and only when you receive this confirmation from TNT Team your will send me the money Ok ??
I hope you agree my terms and we will close this deal sucessfully.
I wait your final decision.
Best Regards,

its hard to understand... but is he trying to say that we send the money after we recieve the phones? anyone?
Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 09:05]

Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i may abort tarlo, western union and tnt dodgy, call me on teh aboe number and email on leighp@gmail.com all other details

What it is saying is that western union is only a money transfer point not able to refund monies at all, it will sting u.

with regards to the TNT thing they can scan any old invoice and tell u that it is it, if u do go ahead with it i wannna see the invoice and check it internationally first cause normally it is bogus.

also the fones go for upwards of 450 on ebay and that normally is the right price guage for ebay goods.

call me or email mate.

like i say if all koscher i have $500 waiting for 2 if not i am out.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2005 12:58]

shanedawgg
Regular

October 2004
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
International ebay scam....have a search through all the different ebays from all over the world....seems alot of peoples ebay accounts are being hijacked and used for this. Cant stress enough how dodgy this is....ive been talking to a few of the guys, they all sound equally as dodge.

Regards,
Shane
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old adage
if it sounds too good, it usually is
best used in copious amounts within ebay and international sales Smile
khchu
Regular

May 2005
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sun, 24 July 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will suggest u get 10+ people to get it more cheaperrrrrr......lol
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Wed, 27 July 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i like that idea khchu im keen if there can be some sort of "group buy" arranged, also be careful tarlo that sounds dodgy, one of my mates got scammed with western union, the seller on ebay reproduced a recipt that he had sent the item, really the guy never gave him his package, when my mate went to go track his item on western union it wasnt even in their database. unfortunatly he had sent payment first.

Another thing too if he has given you his details, make sure it isnt to some post office box.

If he sends the phones first before you make payment id check them all throughly, check the recipts from both Western union and TNT to see if they have been forged.

my 2cents
cheers
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Wed, 27 July 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg dude, western union and international seller, that is the formula for being ripped off.

they set up a fake website (the tnt one in this case), they send you a "confirmation number", which comes up with the fake site when the link is clicked, and then you send the moeny, THINKING that the phones are on their way ("ive got the confirmation number form the tnt website)".

but oh no, the phones, in fact, are NOT on their way. there never was any phones, and if their was, he will sell them for double what he is charging you, because thats what he COULD get for them. why would he give them to you for half price? why?

if you want to go for it dude, then go for it. if its for real, good for you, you got a bargain. but if you get RAWTED, dont say you werent warned, coz youve been flat out TOLD what will probably happen.

by the way, ebay only reimburse youre losses to a maximum on about AUD$400. not the full 1200. Wink
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Sat, 30 July 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they send it TNT before you get payment you can just hold out until you actually receive the goods and check them.
If they actually do send them TNT then they will arrive within a day or two.

Tell the guy you can't pay by Western Union as hardly anyone in Australia uses it and it would be very hard for you to get to a branch as there aren't many around.
Pay via T/T then you get all of his account details etc. to give you a bit more info on his ID.

Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who wants a sony ericsson k750i Mon, 01 August 2005 09:05 Go to previous message
I AM OUT, WAY TOO SUPER DODGY.

this is a super sting be carefull all
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WEIGHT BENCH 4 way ex $150 -------SOLD FOR 120-----
Next Topic:RA-28 GT Grill with badge
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:04:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071718692779541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.