Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What car does a W55 come out of?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
What car does a W55 come out of? Thu, 21 July 2005 14:39 Go to next message
ok ive searched using google properly and i still cant find an answer, theres alot of refferance to the W55 gearbox, and i think that some came bolted up to 3TGTE engines but i was wondering are the any australian delivered cars that use these? if not what cars did? Corona GT? what else?

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Thu, 21 July 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah RA60 and RA65, RT142 avante (the model that doesnt have the borg warner crap)

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet!

at least i dont have to scrounge around import wreckers now!

does anyone know how much they usually go for?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Up to $500
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also note that the other alloy W boxes - W55, W57 etc - are all the same box with different ratios. W58s - at least the later ones - have a steel sandwich plate and are stronger, and I beleievr very late W58s are stronger again. Someone else can confirm this or you could do a search.

Note that RA65s didnt' all have W55s, it depends on what ratio diff they had. Some (most?) have W58s.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea reason i want a w55 is that the ratios are so similar to a t50, ill be using it with a 20v non turbo and a 4.1 diff ratio

should i be looking at a w57 instead?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you care about highway economy get a W58. W57 overdrive is p00.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they came in SA63 celicas aswell.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie, im not too sure if i am gona be caring about highway economy but i dont think that id use 5th gear on the track very much anyway, are the first 4 gears all the same in the W series boxes like ive read somewhere on here or is it a myth? cause if they are it might be a better option to go for a w58 instead? i just dont want poo acceleration but ill be using a 4.1 final drive ratio which should be ok right?
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dom, all the information you seek regarding ratios, is to be found in FAQ's. There is a link to Matti's Toyota pages. Once there, you can check out all the Toyota boxes and their ratios.

cheers Chuck.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What car does a W55 come out of? Fri, 22 July 2005 12:57 Go to previous message
yea i know i found a link ages ago and it had all the ratio's listed, from wat i could see there was a bit of difference between the W55, W57 and W58 in their ratios but the W55 seems the be pretty much on par with the T50, i was merely seeing opinons (especially norbie's) on whether the others would be practical. im not too worried about highway economy tho as the car wont exactly be a daily driver.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oxygen Sensor
Next Topic:ae71
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:14:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054872035980225 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.