Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » head lights, any idears?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
corbet01
Regular

April 2005
head lights, any idears? Fri, 22 July 2005 13:02 Go to next message
Hi,

the LHS head light stopped working on low beam and high beam. I swapped the globes left to right and still the LHS low beam works but the high beam does. The original LHS which is now in the RHS works fine so its not the globe. the car is ae92 8/92 build.

Can anyone tell me where to start.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: head lights, any idears? Fri, 22 July 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a H4 globe has 3 plug yeah? well the way it works is one posts acts as a ground for your globe the other two posts is for your power. at low beam you will get power to only one of these powered posts and at high beam you will get power at both posts, which says you have a dodgy connection in either your plug or a wire has come un-attached from the plug. If you are not getting power to both it could just be that the ground is not connecting.

leaver your slots out a bit in the plug to see if you can make a re-connection to your globe (battery disconnected obviously)

try that see how you go

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 14:57]

20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: head lights, any idears? Fri, 22 July 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry also try scractchn the terminals a bit on the plug with a screw driver to clean them up as corosion cannot conduct electricity Wink
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: head lights, any idears? Fri, 22 July 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20VBTSECA wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 00:55

a H4 globe has 3 plug yeah? well the way it works is one posts acts as a ground for your globe the other two posts is for your power. at low beam you will get power to only one of these powered posts and at high beam you will get power at both posts, which says you have a dodgy connection in either your plug or a wire has come un-attached from the plug. If you are not getting power to both it could just be that the ground is not connecting.

leaver your slots out a bit in the plug to see if you can make a re-connection to your globe (battery disconnected obviously)

try that see how you go

The above is incorrect!

Your corolla head lights have a single power feed switched on via your head light switch via a relay, The the other 2 pins are triggered earth via the dipper switch to give you low and high beam.
Alot of toyotas have a fuse for left and right headlights so check your fuse box
corbet01
Regular

April 2005
Re: head lights, any idears? Sat, 23 July 2005 10:08 Go to previous message
Thanks for the help. After much problem solving, checking every thing i decded to check the globes again and i am a stupid ass. Some how when swapping them for left to right i managed to put the left back into the left. So it was the globe.

Thanks for the tips though.

Ty
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G in a RA23?
Next Topic:How to install AE112 CD Player
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:43:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004709005355835 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.