Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » AE86 Sprinters!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Fri, 22 July 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 15:10

yeah those are not the normal price of the sprinters in japan though shiri, their the exception to the rule, creme of the crop so to speak.

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r153 31888 102,000 yen or $1200
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n199 02896 350,000 yen or $4150
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d5452 0741 100,000 yen or $1180

these cars are either flogged, damaged, OR they will have great difficulty getting past their next Shaken, which is a real turn off for a japanese car buyer..
the inspection and other costs are around $1-1.5K every two years, so i would wager many of these cheap sprinters are close to their next one, and will not pass without a few grand spent at least...

other thing is, many mods ppl do in japan will not pass inspection, so they either take all the bits out and change to stock... every two years... or just sell the car and do it with the next one.. time vs money..

150,000km? 250,000km? what is acceptable? how much is just abotu to fall apart Razz
if they aren't going to pass inspection in japan, i would say they are probably not worth it as they will not pass blueslip in Aus..

Send a private message to this user    
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Fri, 22 July 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decoyslikecurves wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 14:39

I am so sick of the whole takumi tax and people bitching about the prices of the ae86's thing.

Do you bitch about ferraris being 10 times the expense of the common honda accord? They both do the same thing... and a honda can be made to be as fast as the ferrari, with less money.

The cars are getting scarce and people want them because they are a good car. The price will not go down. If you cannot afford it, go and buy an excel. Im sure you will have heaps of fun with its responsive chassis and rear drive Rolling Eyes

Shut the hell up about the price of ae86s. Say if a clean 86 with 4age and descent suspension goes for 7 grand. What else around that price range is going to provide the same experience? Maybe a silvia - if you like that kind of thing, but its still not the same as an ae86. If you think about it, they aren't really overpriced. If you fork out the money, you get it back anyway, its not like hyundais which depriciate.

blah blah blah. Go away.

seriously man you have got to relax!!!! shit!!!
i dont even want a ae86, and yes i do have the money for one but i will spend it on something much better, i just simply wanted a answer to my question.
and yes now it is answered so there is not more point to this thread.

man some people get really worked up over nothing!!
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Fri, 22 July 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 16:21

Then what about the countless number of ae86's that appear on the jspec auctions, once you take away all the other costs involved (shipping, taxes, insurance, jspec fee etc,) the car's actual cost is quite low.

Good Condition AE86's are not found on auctions. That is the point im trying to get across to you.

Importers import whatever they can to make the maximum profit. You can buy a shitty ae86 for $2000... import it and then sell it off to some dofus for $10,000. Just Jap has been doing so for years. J-spec will churn out whatever AE86 comes up on auction. Why? Because they are the cheapest. They will not show you the $16000 ones that are in the car yards. Why? Because Australian AE86 fans won't pay that much!

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 09:19]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Fri, 22 July 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you think secound hand sprinters are expensive!you should see how much a secound hand mclaren f1 costs!
hahahaha
mick
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Sat, 23 July 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From an economic perspective, it should be about 1-2k for a decent running sprinter.

Factor in that it's a cult car that's why it's expensive.
The issue is: Is it overpriced?

Yes, it's greater than what a normal depreciating car should be.
No, because it's a cult car and will hold it's value (given a dori newb doesn't plow it into a power pole.)

Does Initial D have an affect on this?

Slightly but let's assume the fact that this stupid cartoon never was made; the culture from Japan with the jap using kick ass sprinter's would've filtered thru anyway regardless of initial D.

Enough of this "taka tax" shit i've been reading.

It's a cult classic.

End of story.

-Jay
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Sat, 23 July 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 22:03

It's a cult classic.

End of story.

-Jay

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/werd.gif

[Updated on: Sat, 23 July 2005 12:06]

nash_tz
Regular

April 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Sun, 24 July 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it. Paid $1800 for a ca18det sprinter with about 2k worth of tiding up to do, sold 2 months later to a kid for 9k. Who says you can't profit off cars. ^^
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Sun, 24 July 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nash_tz wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 23:01

I love it. Paid $1800 for a ca18det sprinter with about 2k worth of tiding up to do, sold 2 months later to a kid for 9k. Who says you can't profit off cars. ^^

like taking candy from a baby Rolling Eyes
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Sun, 24 July 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 13:27

Sprinters are only good drift cars cos they are a well balanced RWD platform, same reason they are popular for track/hillclimb or just someone who likes a light, well balanced RWD car. They are also one of the last cars of this category to actually be realatively cheap from the start. Lets face it, if your after a mass produced, small RWD car these days, well balanced etc, it falls into the "sports car" category, which attracts a premium price straight from the factory, (eg MX5) not like when these things were usually nuch cheaper than your family mobile (EG AH Sprite).

exactly the reason why i just bought one, granted they are little more overpriced than they should be, but i was still happy to pay it for what i wanted it for.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Mon, 25 July 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If someone wants to give me a heap of cash for my sprinter they can Very Happy
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Mon, 25 July 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 03:08

sigh....
anyway sig = levin/trueno.. spoontah ga aranai...

ooo i made that mistake when i was learning as well Very Happy
w00t ur certainly getting the hang of it, that's a good mistake to make!

the negative for aru is just nai, not aranai Wink
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Mon, 25 July 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is shit...

Too many long replies... Who cares honestly...

Im not reading any of it...

I think everyone should know...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Mon, 25 July 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nash tz how do you sleep at night. bought for 2k and sold for 9k.i like a good deal but thats a bit to fully sick for me!lmao
mick
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Mon, 25 July 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 14:03

From an economic perspective, it should be about 1-2k for a decent running sprinter.

Factor in that it's a cult car that's why it's expensive.
The issue is: Is it overpriced?

Yes, it's greater than what a normal depreciating car should be.
No, because it's a cult car and will hold it's value (given a dori newb doesn't plow it into a power pole.)

Does Initial D have an affect on this?

Slightly but let's assume the fact that this stupid cartoon never was made; the culture from Japan with the jap using kick ass sprinter's would've filtered thru anyway regardless of initial D.

Enough of this "taka tax" shit i've been reading.

It's a cult classic.

End of story.

-Jay

I am going to have to agree with you on all that.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

OT Mon, 25 July 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 17:09

oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 03:08

sigh....
anyway sig = levin/trueno.. spoontah ga aranai...

ooo i made that mistake when i was learning as well Very Happy
w00t ur certainly getting the hang of it, that's a good mistake to make!

the negative for aru is just nai, not aranai Wink

ahhhhh Embarassed domo sumimasen Wink
i'm in Boston, US, with about 5 or 6 japanese professors at a conference.. i think i'm learning more japanese from drunken professors here than when i was in japan Razz
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Mon, 25 July 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought one for a $110 about 6 months ago Laughing Laughing Laughing
nash_tz
Regular

April 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Mon, 25 July 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 18:51

nash tz how do you sleep at night. bought for 2k and sold for 9k.i like a good deal but thats a bit to fully sick for me!lmao
mick

"On top of a big pile of money with many beautiful ladies." [/Rainier Wolfcastle] The car went well though and I fixed up alot of little things to get it roadworthy. I got it cheap off a dude leaving the coutry. Oldies and exchange students are a gold mine if you are patient and know what to look for.
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Wed, 27 July 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take tsuchiya out of the history books, then what would happen to the 86?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AE86 Sprinters!!! Wed, 27 July 2005 05:44 Go to previous message
nash tz bugger buying cars!buy a house. you will make a fortune,buy one for $200k sold for $900k.
mick
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST205 Owners and Enthusiasts: Numbered Interior Plaques
Next Topic:Cheapest places to get these bits?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:13:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061321258544922 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.