Toymods » General Car Talk » Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Fri, 22 July 2005 13:58 Go to next message
AS title says, I just need to know where the cheapest place to order a couple bottles of red coolant from, would prefer Toyota.
Im in Whyalla country SA and no-one sells red coolant at all, and I've tried the Toyota parts dealers but there *&%$ hopeless.

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Fri, 22 July 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought mine from coventry auto parts, think it might be called motor traders in SA
http://www.cgl.com.au/coventry/divisions/automotiv e/motor_traders/contacts_locations.htm

Edit: btw, it wasn't toyota branded (can't actually remember what brand it was), but they said it was the same organic stuff only half the price.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 14:46]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Fri, 22 July 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that dosent sound good if you cant get toyota red coolant from a dealership... You should be able to buy/order nulon red through any auto parts store
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ordered some red coolant from my local dealership before and they got it in for me within a week which was great, but now they seem to be getting slack.
I have tried about 5 different certified Toyota spare parts delaerships in SA, and all of them take down the order ok and say they will call back when its arrived, but weeks later and still no call. And when I call them back, they have no order at all Confused
I wanted to get red coolant and some Type 4 ATF so I thought best place would be a delearship... Rolling Eyes

mmm I would have thought so aswell, Whyallas a country town but its fairly large, but no-one stocks red coolant at all, you have to order it in, and this is where the problems kick in Razz

thanks davedave for that site, I will check it out. I know everyone recommends Toyota red, but my cars been running on just straight water for nearly 2 months now so its got to be better than that haha
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood thats a long time on water, even $5 coolant from woolies is better than straight water. toyota coolant is around $10 per litre and you usually need 3 litres or so, but i spose thats if you can get it where you are.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got heaps of the red nulon on the shelf at work.

mixed with OJ it dont taste that bad.. Razz
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm i know it is Sad if I knew it was going to take this long just to get some form of red coolant lol I would have just got some cheap stuff for now. I'll try and order some of the Toyota red from local dealership again but there starting to give me the sh*ts. Im going to flush the whole cooling system so I'll need a couple 4L bottles of the concentrate wont I?

OJ sounds good Very Happy Does it make you go faster, compared to 1 pioneer sticker? Razz
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a pretty fucked toyota dealer. They should have the toyota long life coolant in stock to sell over the counter, And if not the spare parts netwrok means they can have it in the next day!

You'll only need one container of the coolant concentrate, flush your cooling system out with demineralised water (or even the garden hose) but use a radiator flush or something for cleaning out the old coolant, and to neutralise the acidic coolant that will react with the red stuff and corrode your head. Flush it out real good! like 3 times at minimum, and run the car every time before draining, let that water go thru the engine and make sure it comes out clear before you even put the red stuff in!
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=74451&rid=7046&S=85b30a47e7003ba80fa8f67 ab9fa2b71&pl_view=&start=0#msg_697874
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.chtoyota.com.au/parts.asp
WEll heres your transmission fluid, and if in doubt i would believe they could get you red coolent tooooo.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dealers here are pretty slack to say the least...
I've got 3 bottles of radiator flush ready to go, can anyone point me to somewhere that shows how to ptoperly flush the whole cooling system and not just the radiator? Smile
Cheers for those links, I ddi see the guy selling a few bottles on here, but its Perth only I think
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats so good bout this red stuff? just a longer lasting coolant??
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sat, 23 July 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going by memory (and my memory sux, so with-out being at work to have a look i could be terribly wrong) Rolling Eyes
the Nulon green has 1060g of the glycol stuff and is a 4 year treatment and the Nulon red has 1040g of glycol stuff and is a 5 year treatment (and costs a bit more).

i have always and still do just use the green stuff.

hrrrmm.. according to these they both have 1060g of the stuff, i was sure the red bottle have a lesser amount printed on them.

http://www.nulon.com.au/prod_LL.htm
http://www.nulon.com.au/prod_RLL.htm

[Updated on: Sat, 23 July 2005 21:48]

PPlate_Avalon
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sun, 24 July 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red Stuff is for cars with Aluminium Components in the water pump and radiator. Using Green (which is for brass) is a big no-no. Both contain Ethanol Glycol however.

Red Stuff is a little bit dearer, I recently got 5L of Nulon Red Coolant (Concentrate) for $25 bucks at Supercheap.
cressida_1jz
Regular

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sun, 24 July 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only use TOYOTA RED LONG LIFE coolant in your Toyota and change it every 12 months.Its about $40 for a 4 litre bottle and get it from any Toyota dealer.
Toyota also has the PINK coolant in there new model cars.They say it last 5 years.

Toyota LL coolant is formulated for Toyota engines

I use The Toyota Red LL in my 3 Toyotas
Cressida-1JZ
Cressida-7M
Hilux-2Y

And Nulon red coolant and green coolant isnt the same as the Toyota RED.

woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sun, 24 July 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last night I was fortunate enough to get a bottle of the Toyota Red off ebay Very Happy

Do you only really need 1 bottle of 4L to flush the entire cooling system?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Sun, 24 July 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you don't use the 4l bottle to flush the coolong system, use water and cooling system flush multiple times (flush old coolant out thouroughly) before putting the toyota red in.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Mon, 25 July 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know, sorry I meant do you only need 1 4L bottle 2 replace the whole coling system fluids?
I might need to flush it 2-3 times since it hasnt had any coolant for ages
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Mon, 25 July 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just that I've heard the 1JZ cooling system is about 10L capacity? Confused
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Mon, 25 July 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep 1 4l bottle of toyota red and a bottle of demineralized water (I think they come in 5L from supercheap, you may need 2 bottles if you need 10 litres for the cooling system) Assuming you don't live in Antarctica you can make it a 50/50 mix which is to say The whole 4L of coolant mixed with 4L of demineralised water, and if that isn't quite enough to fill your cooling system right up, just top it off with excess demineralised water.

Pretty certain one bottle of deminerlized water and 4l bottle of toyota red will be enough.
cressida_1jz
Regular

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Where to buy Toyota or Nulon Red coolant Mon, 25 July 2005 12:20 Go to previous message
1JZ's have a 8 litre capacity.So if u add your 4 litres of Toyota RED it will be a 50% mixture so thats what u need.

Dont forget to put some in your o-flow bottle.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How do I pull 3 Piece rims apart?
Next Topic:yahoo japan
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:36:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057730674743652 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.