Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Razor
Regular

May 2004
Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sat, 23 July 2005 23:01 Go to next message
Hi
I know in Melbourne & Sydney they have wreckers that you pay an amount for what ever you can carry, and I want to know if anyone knows a wrecker here in Brisbane that does this sort of deal.
I havent seen or heard of this deal in Brisbane and this way it will save us a lot if we are planning to buy expensive parts that we are able to carry in one go.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sat, 23 July 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is this place in sydney?!?!

and filling your pockets at PNPL doesn't count Smile
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sat, 23 July 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 09:02

Laughing Laughing
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sat, 23 July 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 09:02

Friend of mine always tops his pockets up, has a semi false bottom to his tool box that aquires some goodies and usually has a few soft lines\cables rolled up and stuffed down his socks. The bloke is a horder extreme.
I havnt been to the wreckers with him in a couple of years, but it wouldnt surprise me if he's started taping gearboxes under his shirt Rolling Eyes
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sat, 23 July 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to know where in Sydney they do this.
I have some big strong mates that could carry a lot.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sun, 24 July 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the way I figure it, I'm getting my $2 entry worth. all I ever take is annoying little screws, grommits, and occasionaly pissy trim piece, wire, or hose.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sun, 24 July 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate knows of the address for the place in sydney i'll get it for you's when i go see him today... but yeah its all catagorised aswell so you dont spend half a day piss farting around looking for the car you want.

not sure about how much it actually cost's
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sun, 24 July 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a subtle difference and a bit of a game between the "five finger discount" method of harvesting bit no one else recognises as being worth "anything"..I have been at the $2 shop when a person has been detected massively overstepping the mark...it was very loud,very rude and overall not pretty...crying mum and kids as dad was hauled off in the wagon..they call the cops..This was when they had roaming security guards to stop the drug dealing..so maybe thats what it was about - not sure.
My experience there is that in many cases they knowingly let a lot pass and most often the phrase on the little bits you do offer up is 'get you next time'...this makes for good customer relations...which I think they have...there have been a very very few times in the past years where I have not been prepared to pay what is asked ..because I feel I have just about always been treated fairly...which in a wrecking yard can be rare..I have only felt ripped of once..and hey I could have said no..
I did go to $5 an item yard closing at Campbelltown a couple of years ago..Still got most of it.. Cool
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sun, 24 July 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 11:59

the way I figure it, I'm getting my $2 entry worth. all I ever take is annoying little screws, grommits, and occasionaly pissy trim piece, wire, or hose.

they make you pay to go in the wrecking yard?
how rude!
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Sun, 24 July 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its good value...wander around as the jam packed 20 acres as long as you like..lots of checking and test fitting and comparison/measurements ..trial and error and "finding" things,
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: Brisbane Wreckers - All you can carry deal exist? Mon, 25 July 2005 08:34 Go to previous message
I drive to the Pick-a-Part in Melbourne just to browse. At $2 entry it's cheap entertainment. Laughing

Sometimes they have really odd/rare cars in there. Saw a sixties Skoda 1000MB last time I went. Crap car, but very rare.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:help gz20
Next Topic:CHARGER DRIFT!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:21:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051300525665283 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.