Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Sun, 24 July 2005 11:56 Go to next message
Hey all,
Just completed this for my car and thought id leave a little documentation for those who are thinking about an upgrade soon.

Summary of costs and what is needed
- EA falcon air-con pulley : $20 (wreckers)
- SLEEVE : custom metal sleeve to bring internal bearing diameter of EA pulley down to same as standard SC pulley (30mm). This slips into the bearing of the EA pulley so it can attach to the SC properly. From memory the metal sleeve has to be 35mm outer diamter, 30mm inner diamter, 19mm deep. Having it 19mm deep instead of 20mm allows the threaded piece of metal that holds the Pulley itself to the SC to grip the bearing instead of the sleeve when you are attaching the new pulley. This will prevent the sleeve from sliding on the bearing.
OR
- BEARING : custom bearing with 50mm outer diamter, 30mm inner and 20mm depth. We could not find anything like this so had to go the sleeve approach. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated
- arc welder to weld the standard SC clutch to the face of the new pulley. This is the easiest approach as the SC clutch face and new pulley face are difficult to work with.

Notes
- 14psi is awesome, feels like its running too rich now
- ITS LOUD AS HELL. The SC whine is very loud even at idle.
- belt requirements : 3PK895 The new pulley also sits slightly more toward the engine with the above setup so i had to buy a thinner belt that could operate in the overlap between the pulley alignment. This problem hopefully can be avoided by spacing the new pulley out by about 5mm...not ripping it out again just yet!

Hope that helps Smile
-daniel-
  Send a private message to this user    
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm looking at doing this mod this week.
Have you retained the elec clutch or is the pulley now solid mounted??

Cheers
Steve
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm guessing since he's welded the clutch face from the original pulley onto the EA pulley that the clutch is still being used.

I mean, whats the point of welding it on there if it's not being used...
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeh i welded the existing SC clutch to the new pulley face because
1. i needed it to drive the SC itself via the splines that are inside the the shaft that the pulley free wheels around. The ea falcon clutch unit may not fit these splines...however ive heard it does
2. the ea elec clutch looks weak
3. i FRIED my electro magnet on my SC which is the reason for the change.

IMPORTANT
-make sure you get an ea pulley with good bearings. Even spend the $44 for a brand new bearing from "Statewide bearings" or somewhere like that. My car whines so goddamn loud even at idle now and i think its mainly the old pulley bearing..it goes like a shower of shit though!

GETTING THE SC PULLEY OFF
1. remove the electromagnetic clutch (just unbolt)
2. remove a circlip
3. remove a threaded weird bolty thing with four grooves in it that actually screws down on the bearing of the pulley. i used hammer and screwdriver
4. after that i think u can just slide the pulley off.

Smile
-daniel-
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellant! I'll go have a play with it now.
I'm also running a HKS crank pulley as well, so i got no idea what boost to expect. Evil or Very Mad

bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wicked man!
well i hit a solid 15psi with std crank, and the thinner bosch 3PK895 belt i have to use seems to be holding so far.

Make sure you space the ea pulley out the correct amount ~5mm if you can.

Just remember the SC12's have been proven to melt at 18psi

Peace
-daniel-
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, chargers are cheap Razz
cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do u space it out 5mm
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm guessing a washer would be dodgy, but sufficient Smile
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be running around 15-18PSI with my larger crank pulley, in theory. SHould be good Very Happy

You got any times or dyno figures yet, bayka?
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 25 July 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh was thinking washer or something.

Dynoed at genie with stock pulley and got max of 132hp / wheels at 5500rpm goddamn timing keeps getting hammered....think its the knock sensor im still trying to solve the problem.

18psi may be ok, just went for a drive in a 'wagonboy's ...my god...he said he was getting 20psi for a while on std sc12!

Peace
cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how long did the conversion take.
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car was off the road for a week, mainly because
-we stuffed the first ea pulley bearing
-had to wait a few days to use a friends workshop
-ripped up first 5pk type belts Sad

Time Breakdown
1. remove SC12 and std pulley (first time) : 3hrs
2. machine 30mmx35mmx19mm metal sleeve : 2hrs
3. reassemble sc12 and weld clutch to pulley : 30mins
4. completely cut-and-shut ABV : 2hrs
5. put sc12 back in and start : 2hrs

-daniel-
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bayka wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 17:08

4. completely cut-and-shut ABV : 2hrs

What did you do here? will just "jumping" the ABV lines be enough?
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I honestly don't know dude. We just wanted to be sure so we did the following.

1. removed the wastegate looking thingy on inlet side (which would be in a vacuum) and simply cut a thin piece of sheet metal to size and bolted that on instead. This gives HEAPS more room to access SC and throttle body assembly.

2. found a solid cylinder of metal that fitted the ABV pipe on the exit high pressure side, drilled holes though the cylinder and the abv outlet steel pipe lip. Then simply slid in the cylinder and put a long bolt though both holes. That way we can be sure it wont burst out while boosting. Also ran a bit of silicon around the cylinder before we put it in to avoid hissing.

So far the only problem ive noticed is i seem to be getting a fuel cut or something in higher gears at 15psi. Its weired, definately happend since ive run 15. Its sort of like the power drop you get when your bouncing the revs but happens at like random rpm in 3rd and 4th. Only noticed for first time 2nite in the cold...perhaps its when the MAP detects a solid 15psi??

what do you guys think?

Peace
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you should get an aftermarket ecu
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, you're running a fixed pulley and no ABV?

I'm very curious to see how long the 'charger lasts.

Can you do me a favour and let it idle for a few minutes and tell me if the SC gets hot?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think hes actually running a smaller s/c pulley welded onto the factory s/c clutch

edit:

Quote:

haha yeh i welded the existing SC clutch to the new pulley face because

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 22:20]

bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep thats correct.
Aftermarket ECU is out of the question at the mo
I'll touch the SC12 after a few mins of idle once engine is warmed up and see how hot it is..my thoughts are it'l be ok. Its a toyota! she'll be right mate Surprised

I know one thing though, because ABV is completely removed and im not running SC clutch at idle it certainly is LOUD, i still don't know if its the pulley bearing or just the whine of the SC being loaded up against a closed engine intake or something.

Hey my friend and I were thinking about how running 15psi makes the std 4agze run really rich....why not counter that for the moment by advancing the fuck out of the timing? Rolling Eyes

Someone tell me 'no' before i get silly!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the engine will ping if you run to much timing advance because of the limited quality of fuel you are running.

I have a type-r fuel controller that lets you adjust the fuel mixtures at a few different points that i no longer use if you are interested. It was last used on a 4age so it should work fine the 4agze...

edit: i have also heard of people using adjustable resistors spliced into the loom to adjust the signal from the afm (i believe) to the ecu to trick it into making the engine lean out or run richer. I dont know how that could work with a map sensored one

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 23:26]

bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 26 July 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YES
Definately interested in the fuel controller. Im assuming its sort of like an s-afc? Does it work by tricking the MAP sensor?

How hard is it to wire up and how much do you want for it? Surprised
Can you give me exact brand / model and some more details?

p.s. what boost are you running on your 4agte?
Shieldsy
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey champ can you get some pics up of the build thanks.
Mark
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry man, no pics this time. Car was off the road for so long the number 1 priority was to get it going again.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, wonder how long the charger will last.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the size of the pulley just out of Q.
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 days and counting Smile
Im pretty sure new pulley is 95mm

Put it this way, i had to go from a 940mm belt to an 895mm

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 02:35]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bayka wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 09:44

YES
Definately interested in the fuel controller. Im assuming its sort of like an s-afc? Does it work by tricking the MAP sensor?

How hard is it to wire up and how much do you want for it? Surprised
Can you give me exact brand / model and some more details?

p.s. what boost are you running on your 4agte?

its an r-spec fuel controller i bought it off a guy on these forums that i know quite well who was running it on his 4age sprinter...

I dont know how exactly it works but id imagine it tricks something i can find out how to wire it up for you it dosent look overy complicated it dosent have many wires.

It has 3 dials which you can adjust the fuel to either lean or rich across 6 different rpm bands i belive. its only small about the size of a packet of smokes would be nice to mount under the dash..

Ill post some pics tonight if you want i remember looking up the japanese website where you could get the instruction manual in english.

I paid $100 for it and thats all id want for it including postage to where you are...
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiked, sounds good. PM'd

Just to let whoever asked know. I felt the inlet and outlet pipe temps from SC / top mount intercooler today after a spirited drive...my god the inlet pipe is like 60 celcius, the outlet was WAY to hot to touch.

Looks like front mount is a must @ 15psi. There may be huge power gains to be made by cooling that inlet air.
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be running a FMIC as well as a haltech and water injection, should all be in within 3 weeks Smile I'll let you know how it goes
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeh!
Drive over to Perth when its done so i can have a look Wink
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bayka wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 23:36

wiked, sounds good. PM'd

Just to let whoever asked know. I felt the inlet and outlet pipe temps from SC / top mount intercooler today after a spirited drive...my god the inlet pipe is like 60 celcius, the outlet was WAY to hot to touch.

Looks like front mount is a must @ 15psi. There may be huge power gains to be made by cooling that inlet air.

yeah for sure man
nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bayka,

I still haven't got around to installing that E58-LSD gearbox I bought off of you.

Just with all this talk of crazy boost, thought I'd mention that I've got 18 PSI on my MR2's boost gauge at the moment, but that is on an 8.0:1 engine with an SC14 which I'm spinning no faster than you're spinning your SC12 to get 14psi.

Of course I've got a rather large number of modifications, including my own home built custom ECU, but the engine is still standard internally. At this level 365cc's aren't enough above 6000rpm to maintain the rich AFR (0.8 lambda or so) needed, so I whacked on some 440s.

I expect that if I drove the car hard for more than a few moments I'd kill the supercharger very quickly (melt the rotor coating), but I'm planning on getting the rotors re-coated with a higher temp coating (place in Perth can do it). And doing some testing with thermocouple and installing a home built water injection system at the supercharger inlet (uses aquamist nozzles). I think the SC will survive with this setup.

I have noticed that currently the SC gets BLOODY HOT after a few mins of even medium boosting.

Regards, Nick.

http://www.e-wire.net.au/~nrparker/MR2/NewEngine/n ew_engine.htm

Go to bottom of page for Video at moderate boost during tuning on road..

bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 27 July 2005 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Nick.
haha is that so?
Any chance you want to part with the 11c drive shafts temporarily?
haha but seriously, im looking for some spare shafts so i can pull mine out and get all four CV joints rebuilt this week.

440cc injectors..COOL how much did they cost you?

How do the sc14's rate up to their smaller brother in thrashability?

Cheers
-daniel-
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so in summary i need;
1 ea air con pulley with good bearings
1 sleeve or bearing to make it fit, 30mmx35mmx19mm metal sleeve?
+ a little fabrication

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 02:13]

bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im don't think so, one of the wreckers asked me that aswell.
If i had to give an answer id say NO its not the idler, its on the air-con compressor.

Summary info
-pulley
-sleeve OR custom bearing
sleeve dimensions 35mmx30mmx19mm
custom bearing dimensions 50mmx30mmx20mm

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 04:45]

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bayka wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 14:38

Im don't think so, one of the wreckers asked me that aswell.
If i had to give an answer id say NO its not the idler, its on the air-con compressor.

true, sorry i editied my post after finding this out for sure, but for anyone else, there is both a idler pulley and air-con pulley, dont be confused, a couple of the wreckers i called asked me if it was the idler, i had no idea Confused but now i know it is not, u want the one that comes from the air con, nothing else.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also does the aircon pulley have "ribs" in the pulley or is it a flat surface? u know where the belt goes, should it have grooves there?
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it has ribs that fit all 3pk / 5pk belts Smile
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for fucks sake then wtf did the fag at the falcon centre give me, mine is a flat surface, i went in asked for an ea falcon air con pulley. he comes out, i say "that's defintly the air con pulley?" as i was expecting ribs also, he goes " yep, just pulled it off the car then, fuckin ford drivers, WTF!
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goddamn that pisses me off. I can take a pic of the pulley if you like, ive got one spare sitting around with a stuffed bearing.
Gime an hr

Edit :
Photos of STOCK ea pulley. ie the inner bearing diameter is 35mm not the needed 30mm.
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/ea%20front.jpg]
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/ea%20rear.jpg
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/ea%20side.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 16:51]

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate would be appreciated, as i gotta go past the joint on the way to uni in an hour anyways, so it would help to know what it looks like this time.
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Thu, 28 July 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
photos added, check my previous post (previous page) Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 16:53]

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Fri, 29 July 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate, i did actully go past the place in the afternoon, took the old pulley they gave me back and said its not the one i want, they said well the engines out the back, come and tell us, so out i went, saw the real a/c pulley.. "that one". So all good now i have myself the proper pulley with good bearings too i made sure. So now i just need to get a sleeve machined 35mmx30mmx19mm. Will try and get that done tomorrow.

Thanks for your help man, much appreciated.

More questions to come no doubt when i delve deeper into the conversion, lol.
DavisJD
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Sat, 30 July 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, im tempted to doing this conversion. Cant decide out of this and the Nevo 175mm. Keep posting up about how the conversions are going, any info is greatly appreciated!!!

[Updated on: Sat, 30 July 2005 00:36]

Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Sun, 31 July 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there mate,
what do you think would happen if u left the ABV on???

thanks

Eddie
xpimp
Regular

January 2003

Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Sun, 31 July 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If he left the ABV on it would limit the boost to 8psi... and the rest would be vented Sad

Hey can you take pics of the disassembled SC pulley, clutch etc...

I have a GZE but if you have yours off sometimes I would love pics of the clutch mechanism.

Good work btw I might try something like this Smile

Thanks
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 01 August 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No probs.
Just for the record i'll explain what we learnt from it.

-the SC12 pulley free wheels (on a bearing) around a solid tubular shaft which is 30mm in diameter.
-inside the tubular shaft there is a spline that physically drives the SC, this is what the clutch slides onto.
-the clutch face freely slides on the face of the SC pulley. There are 3 permanent magnets mounted on the clutch face slightly sunken so when the two faces grip the magnets are not worn off.
-an electromagnet sits behind / inside the SC pulley and this is what the 12V feed to the SC goes to. When you feed 12-14V to the electromagnet it magnetises the SC pulley causing the permanent magnets on the clutch face to attract to the pulley face and grip.

So when you hear silly ppl like me blowing the SC clutch, in fact i think they are blowing the electromagnet.

Cheers
-daniel-
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 08 August 2005 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else has followed the black path to 15psi?

If so whats the noise level like?
Does it whine like a hoe at idle even with good bearings?

Peace
cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 10 August 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, so u reckon ill kill the motor with a stock inter-cooler. and will a afm stock ecu handle 15psi i heard it will only take 14psi max! thanks
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Fri, 12 August 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man, im running stock cooler and it seems to be fine, just pretty hot inlet temps.

The engine will be fine.

From my experience the EA pulley produces 14psi max with all other pulleys standard. This is still enough to produce weird fuel cutting / iginition loss in 3rd and 4th gear at wide open throttle in the cold... so yeh maybe its nudging 15psi and causing MAP sensored ECU to shit similarly to afm.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2005 03:40]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Fri, 12 August 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock cooler is ok but for 150 buks you can buy a 1ggte i/c and make some piping up to front mount it and should keep inlet temps lower
cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Fri, 12 August 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok sweet i will be trying the ea conversion very soon
wagonboy
Regular

August 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 29 August 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bayka wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 22:21

yeh was thinking washer or something.

Dynoed at genie with stock pulley and got max of 132hp / wheels at 5500rpm goddamn timing keeps getting hammered....think its the knock sensor im still trying to solve the problem.

18psi may be ok, just went for a drive in a 'wagonboy's ...my god...he said he was getting 20psi for a while on std sc12!

Peace

Get it dynoed somewhere that has an accurate dyno as genie has always read high, cause if you wanna go buy that mine did 138 stock exhaust and everything.

When i fitted the NEVO i was sometime peaking at 1.22bar , but since i fitted a FMIC i have been getting .95 at the most on a cold nite, but because there is such a hughe difference in inlet temperature now it actually goes harder. You felt the cooler piping on mine after we took car for a hammer , so just imagine the temp of the air going straight thru your interwarmer and into the engine hahah.

Im getting another SAFC-II for the turbo conversion on the GT Apex dan so i can probably get a price for you too. I can wire this in for you in about 15mins, piece of piss.

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 08 November 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just an aside to this....

im looking at doing this atm.

1) when you said "SC clutch face and new pulley face are difficult to work with"

when you said difficult to work with what was the issue ? as i dont want to weld the clutch as i want to keep the charger clutched.

and secondly to anyone else. ive spoken to my mate who works for a machine shop and he is going to whip up the sleeve foe me, but also it will have a spacer as a component so that it brings the pulley in place so that the belts line up and you can use a 5pk belt.

this obvouly comes with the provisor or minimum quantity.. any one interested in one ? the cost should be relativly low but id just like the guage interest.
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Sat, 19 November 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interesed in a sleave, arround what price do you think they will go for?
matty.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Sat, 19 November 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im currently playing around i think i may have a found a bearing that eliminates the need for the sleeve however a spacer will still be required to line the belts up and to mount the electromagnt properly.

cost wise will be bugger all. speaking to my mate about approxiamte costs to get him to make them up they will cost very little the only issue would be a minimum quantity which i felt was fair. so id be simply passing them on at cost. i dont have the exact numbers atm but expect it to be consuamable cost.
mrk1rolla
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Mon, 21 November 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Put me down for one of whatever you come up with, sleeve and spacer, bearing and spacer, whatever. I am wanting to do this as soon as i finish my uni exams and get some time to spend working on the car.
horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 22 November 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will grap one too if you are making a bunch up.
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Tue, 22 November 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want one. PM some bank details and I'll sort you out.

dan
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info Wed, 23 November 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
a mate off mine has just brought a gze and wants more power, so im 98% sure he would be down too.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:need help to hot up 1988 seca
Next Topic:Aftermarket Cams on 20v
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 10:15:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097250938415527 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.